Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link Tasks from one planner to another

Sometimes there are different teams working on same tasks and it would be good to link task from one planner to another in any channel and any team

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Default Views in Planner

It would be nice to be able to set default views in Planner. For example, my team prefers to Group by Assignment and Filter by Today & Late. It becomes quite cumbersome to have to reset our preferences throughout the day every single time we toggle between Planner and the other Teams apps/features.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Slider to adjust the size of the overview - view more tasks on one page (unleash the potential)

Summary:
    The maximum is reached with 10 tasks per bucket at a zoom-level of 100%. Not enough to manage business projects...

Why:
    Complex projects of today cannot be managed with this small amount of tasks. However, there is a huge need for clever project management tools such as Planner.

How:
    The easy handling of Planner should be continued. Therefore the solution should be a simple slider or a few view settings (e.g. standard, max x tasks, all tasks on one page).

What:
    With this solution it is easy to see which project member has too many tasks.
    The challenge is…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. planner app not working or not showing on Microsoft teams private channel

for Private channel when I add the new tab for planner app it's not showing. it's a important to me for working on private channel. please help to me

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please allow buckets window to show all buckets, and change colours of background and tasks.

The task,, background and buckets colors cannot be altered by the user, Ideally using themes, digital fabrics, colors, contrasts and brightness : particular for dyslexic users who have to view this all day every day.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Task Dependencies, Predecessors and Successors

We are in the process of implementing TEAMS and PLANNER in my department, an exciting endeavor. Several people have made comments on the inability to link task dependencies in Planner, which I agree would make it better for Project and Operations planning. The ability to link tasks would be great, even if it doesn't feed into schedule tracking / analytics. That being said, I still wish to thank you and every member of your team for developing this WONDERFUL product!!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show week number in Planner

It can be a great idea to see week number in Planner, as it is a base for scheduling today.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Increase the label limit from 6 to a value defined by the user, would also appreciate if you can assign custom colours.

Increase the label limit from 6 to a value defined by the user, would also appreciate if you can assign custom colours.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. policy for who can delete the planner

We need Microsoft to create a policy for who can delete the planner in Microsoft Teams. This will be a very useful policy for Teams users.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add "Create task" action for posts in Microsoft Teams

Add a "create task" action for posts in Microsoft Teams. For a post, when you click on the ellipsis and "More actions", the Planner "create task" action opens a card with the content of the post as the task description. The card lets you add a few other details for the task and if you save, would reply to the post with a link to the task just created.

The card should be kept simple. Focus is on quickly capture the content of a post into a task and make it visible that a task has been created. The details…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restricted filters in personal planner

In the planners of a specific team site, I can filter task by all criteria available. However, in my personal planner, I seem to be restricted to some very limited filter options. This means, I see all my personal tasks from all team sites, but I am not able to filter them, e.g. to only see tasks from a specific team site. Can this be altered?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a list view by due date in Planner

Create a simple one line list view by due date (task and due date) for easy viewing (preferred over the calendar, which is hard to view)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the editng & delete options

Add the editng and deleting options.
    when i was upload my comments to my task, I can't edit and delete my comment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Restored the permanently planner

i think Micrsosoft should create a recycle bin for storing the deleted planners in case that users delete planners accidently

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When a task is completed, post the name of the team member completing it

When a task in planner is completed, post to the General channel the name of the task completed, when it was completed and who completed it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bucket views colours

Change colours and backgrounds to customise views | We need to be able to colour code the whole bucket, not just labels. The bucket is great for quick reference but not being able to customise colours really limits its usefulness. Please allow each bucket to individually be colour coded for easy reference.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Connect Planner to the Calendar

It would be nice to use the planner functionalities but assign it to someone and it automatically connect to their calendar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a repeating task option for planner in teams.

It is easy to add a task and assign to members of a team with the planner plugin but I don't see any way to make that task a recurring task such as a recurring meeting in outlook.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tasks in schedule should be visually recognizable for belonging to specific labels/buckets.

Tasks in the schedule look all the same. At least they should be somewhat colored depending on their labels.
    In my opinion it would be great to easily tell which bucket every task belongs.
    The right column seems pointless, I expect to filter tasks selecting buckets/labels/progress, but it doesn't work this way, I think I'm missing the point of using it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. planner

Our company uses planner a lot in teams via the integrate plan in tab feature. We love that. We miss two things:

• If I add a comment in a planner card, I cannnot adress somebody (of my team where planner board is integrated) by the @symbol. This would be helpful and this person should get a teams notification.

-

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base