Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams

Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:

1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
    2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team…

3,586 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  235 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

3,472 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

179 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

So it turns out there are some several external dependencies that are hindering our plans for this feature. We are pulling it back into review so we can determine feasibility. Here’s to hoping we find a way to bring this to you — right now its very difficult. We are not taking this off the table though; we know this is an important feature, so we’re tracking the external dependencies to see where they land.

Thanks,
        Suphatra

• Allow use of existing OneNotes/documents for channels

My team has a pre-existing OneNote. It would be really helpful to be able to create a tab that uses this, rather than being forced to start with a blank notebook.

2,321 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Integrate fully with Planner, Sharepoint, and Outlook Tasks, Calendar

Please integrate more with Planner (hopefully soon with Kanban and timeline visualisation channels for tasks) and/or with sharepoint web parts that do this, so all tasks linked in one place. And Outlook as well (for calendar and emails pertinent to chats and tasks). Until then in effect Teams is yet just another tool to use that is not completely integrated for communication + coordination.

1,049 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

For this item, we’re still working on this and you have likely already started to see updated Planner and SharePoint integrations over the last two months (namely, the ability to “Bring your own SharePoint Online” and also Planner updates outlined here: https://medium.com/@mansoor.malik/a-few-updates-to-planner-integration-in-microsoft-teams-6e9683d1e085). There’s still more to come though!

Why I’m writing is because I need your help on a related, but different item. Another team, that specializes in our third party integrations, was interested in hearing what tools you like to use and would like to see in Teams.

Just enter your favorites here:
            https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif9Ba8ln1ps_y4Z_eA

That will help us tremendously! THANK YOU for your continued support of Teams.

Sincerely,
            Suphatra
            Twitter: @skprufo

• Notification for Planner Tasks

Planner and Teams just needs a notification - when a task has been created for an assigned user that user should receive a notification - currently we are doing a work around by starting a conversation with a mention of a member name
            thanks

720 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  42 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Integrate tasks in planner with Outlook Tasks & Calendar

Every time you create a task in planner via Microsoft Teams and assign it to someone in your organisation/team it would be nice to see that task in outlook as well. I want to know and to be alerted that I have a task assigned to me without having to lon on to Microsoft Teams.
              It would be great to have a place to see how many tasks have been created in a team/channel and the status of each one.

468 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • See all planner tasks assigned to me

It would be nice if all planner tasks assigned to me were aggregated somewhere, instead of requiring me to go into each individual team and then each individual channel to find out what I'm responsible for. To-dos could get lost in the shuffle very easily that way.

353 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Tie "Team" environment to "Planner"

Issue:
                  Files/Notes/Tasks created in Microsoft Teams are not integrated with Microsoft Planner

Steps to Reproduce:
                  Open Teams and then either (1) Create a new Team, or (2) associate an existing Outlook/Sharepoint Group/Plan

Expected:
                  When a File, Note, or Task ("Planner") is created in either Teams or Planner, it should be totally integrated and accessible from both programs

Actual:
                  Items created in Teams are totally separate and independent of the actual MS Planner(s) located in https://tasks.office.com

Result:
                  It is confusing that work created in one space is not visible in the other and vice versa

350 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  26 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Allow assignment of more than one individual to each task in Planner.

Currently, when I create a task I can only assign one person. If I try to assign a second person to a task the original assigned person is replaced by the new person. Thus, I am unable to assign more than one person to a task. In a team based environment it is critical to have the ability to assign more than one individual to a task.

121 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Support for planner charts

It looks like in it's current "preview" form, the planner charts that show the circular "status" chart, the "members" bar chart, etc. are not present. It would be great to have these back for each plan that's being worked on. Our Teams use these quite a bit. Thanks.

93 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Templates for Planner

Would be good if we could have predefined templates for planner that we can then use for repetitive tasks eg onboarding a new starter.

This is a feature we had in Asana and have lost since moving to teams

85 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • My Tasks view

in Planner (tasks.microsoft.com) there is a "My Tasks" button that shows everything assigned and its current progress status.

Can this be built in to teams?

As i am working on multiple projects it would be good to see what needs doing without having to look through 20 tabs

76 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Gantt view for Planner Tasks

When using The planner tasks TAB, we would to have the possibility to have a gantt view of our planificated tasks

65 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve listened to your feedback and are working on an aggregated view of your tasks and plans! When this is released, if you were to open Planner you would see your tasks but also tabs for Recent and All. If you can’t recall a specific task, you will be able to look under All, find the group who owns the task, click group, view all their tasks and see what is in planning, scheduled, being reviewed etc.
                              Thank you for your feedback and please keep it coming. -Warren

• Planner Checklist

We should be able to reorder items in checklist without having to delete items

61 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Create Planner item from Thread

It would be great if there was an easy way to take a thread, and turn it into an item on a Tab, such as Planner. Where we are building a 'helpdesk' team channel with our tickets pouring there (please also see my threading of connector webhook updates request) it would be great to be able to pull the threads into planner and keep track of them there. It would also be great if planner updates would then reflect back to the channel, and where the planner items being updated were created from threads, said updates would occur back in…

54 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Move planner tasks to another team

We have created a planner tab in most of our teams. Sometimes a task on the plannerboard has to be moved to another team (e.g. next step on a task has to be executed by a different team), which now has to be done by deleting the task in the original team and adding one in the other team with copying data from the original task.

Possible solution: when editing a task it displays the teamname and bucketname in the left top. When you click on the name you can select a different team (only teams you are subscribed to),…

52 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • My Tasks for Planner

We need to have the ability to see all of our own tasks in one place. Currently we have to check everything we are involved in and the only workaround is embedding a website that actually shows those items. It would be more beneficial to have something that is more integrated with Teams. Most of the time it is used in the browser with the embedded site as the portal to immediately click over to the browser.

51 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Tasks from conversations

Tasks for conversations to be added so any actions within conversations can be turned instantly into a task

45 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add personal planner

Have the ability to add a personal planner / to-do list embedded within Teams application.

40 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make a post or comment Actionable

Had an interesting use case pop up today -- one of my team members sent a review request as an email to the team with a link to a Teams-based document. When I asked why she sent an email, she said she considers email to be more "visible" than things in Teams, and that sometimes things are lost in Teams.

Further investigation concluded that if we had the ability to convert conversations or bits of conversations into actionable items and add reminders/notifications to those somehow, the tool would be infinitely easier to use.

I think it is critical to have…

39 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base