Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. live captions from japanese to english

Please add an option to select the source language for the live captions, I participate at meetings held in japanese language but the translator is interpreting it as english, and the captions are useless when the source language is japanese.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Predictive text

It would be very handy if you could incorporate predictive text for chat, it will save a lot of time and makes communication faster for persistent chatting.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want a feature that captures speaker voice and converts into regional language setby the listener in Teams Meeting

the feature is detailed using an example:

I am the speaker and can talk english, my client understands only Japanese. So the system shall be intelligent enough to identify who is the speaker and display the text version in native language of the client(japanese) and vice versa, whenever client speaks in Japanese it should capture speech in english and show it to me parallely.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. dutch

Some parts are not translated in Dutch, like collaboration space (samenwerkingsruimte), assignments (opdrachten)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback!
    Dutch translation for “Collaboration space” and “Assignments” was implemented.
    Please, check an attached screenshot and let know if anything else can be improved.

We are evaluating if a translation of “Rubric” should be changed. I’ll update about it soon.

—Natasha (Microsoft)

5. Choose transcription language

Let user choose the desired language(s) when starting transcription feature in the meeting. Teams language is often not the correct one. People may use Teams in English but speak another language or other way around.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Translation in channels on mobile apps

It really need to have translation function in channels of Teams on mobile apps.
    In international school/company we do parallels at least 2 languages in teaching/working. So in desktop app we already have translation in channel, however, this function is lacking in mobile apps.

Could you please check and develop this function?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams cannot handle multiple proofing languages

We would like to have the same feature of proofing languages as i.e. in Word. I would like to use German and English proofing.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mas soporte en español para los usuarios

Es muy importante que el soporte tenga mas facilidad, opciones de ayuda y sobretodo cambio de idiomas de acuerdo al pais que se entrega el servicio (Español)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. meeting transcript supporting several input languages

We'd appreciate if the automatically generated meeting transcripts supported several input languages. If most of the meeting is held in German language, but English terms are used too, the automatically generated transcript does not distinguish languages but the pre-selected language is dominating. For example if we use the term 'formatting sheet' the transcript returns 'format entschied' - a German term with a similar meaning although our intend is to keep it English. We could imagine providing a keyword list for the algorithm to understand and learn these terms.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Renaming translation "due on" in German

Dear Teams Team,

in German the date when a task should be handed in by the students ("due on") is translated as "Fällig am" which sounds very rigid and rather suitable for old-school business. Please change translation into something more adequately.

Thanks in advance!
    Clemens Meyer

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spellchecking in other languages. Right now it seems capable only for spellchecking in English.

Teams have automatic spellchecking in English. IDK if my Windows is English, but my regional settings are local (swedish) and we only use Teams in our native tongue.
    So either spellchecking should have an off switch, or have language options.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Truncated banner messages in Microsoft Teams are usually unreadable

I would like to request below two improvements as the banner messages of Microsoft Teams are truncated and they are unreadable for most cases. This would give a business impact for us.

1. Whole Japanese messages in the banner to be shown.
    2. When the message size is over, need a display stating that the size is over.
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please stop using abbreviations without explaning them.

Please stop using abbreviations without explaining them or make an accessible abbreviations list.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multilanguage spell check

I am using Teams in English, but I have counterparts I chat in French and Spanish as well. So, it would be useful to choose spell check for different languates, either based on default keyboard layout I use at that moment, or to choose it manually if I want a spell check.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I miss spelling control in multiple languages

Using chat in multiple languages, I miss the function of being able to switch language for the spelling control "on the fly"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Breakout room interfaces are not fully localized

I want Breakout room interfaces to support local language aligned with Teams app setting. For example, “Automatically move participant to rooms” and “Participants can return to the main meeting” options under room setting in Breakout room menu are still written in English.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display of names in Teams invitation mails

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams への招待メールの名前の表示について
    Display of names in Teams invitation mails

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のチームへユーザーを招待した際のメールに "〇〇 さんによって *** チームに追加されました。" と表示され、〇〇 さんの部分が苗字ではなく名前で記載されております。
    日本では一般的に苗字で名乗ることが多いため、招待メールの表示を "苗字に変更する"または、"フルネームで表示する" などの変更可能なオプション機能の追加を要望いたします。

Currently, the mail sent out when inviting a user to a team shows “(name) has invited you to the team (team name)”, and the ‘name’ field shows the first name of the person sending the invite, not their surname.
    In Japan, it is convention to use surnames in most circumstances, so please add options to change the text in invitation mails to “Show surnames” or “Show full names”.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CC live captions

could be nice to have live captions in multiple languages.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sous-titres en français

Notre bibliothèque dessert des personnes malentendantes et pour les activités d'animation que nous offrons en virtuel, avec Teams , il serait bien de pouvoir avoir des sous-titres en français. Pour le moment, ils ne sont disponibles qu'en anglais

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base