Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Subtitles for Foreign Language Like the Live Captions in English

We have a lot of dutch colleagues who talk in Dutch and I tend to miss out on details. Why not have dutch subtitles like the English live captions ?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Captions

being able to scroll back through the captions

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Could the closed caption feature automatically be transcribed into a word document?

In the event that our clients forget what they said, we can kindly remind them using transcripted closed captions from our teams meetings

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hawaiian language support

We would like MS to support the Hawaiian language in Teams.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow multilingual automated voice prompts

Voicemail, auto-attendant and call queues can only have one language selected at a time. This means that in a multilingual environment, it is impossible to have a system that will talk both languages. Ultimately, I would need 1 phone number per language, which is no good.

For example:

• Set up call attendant, pick English as its language.

• Tie this attendant to a phone number.

• In a bilingual country such as Canada, both French and English speakers may call this number.

• Although there may be an audio greeting that is bilingual, if the user hits an unsupported key, the computer generated…
    14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tamil language support for desktop version

I see the mobile version supports tamil. it will be great if we have the desktop version to support tamil language.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve the closed captioning of Microsoft Teams meeting for Deaf/Hard of Hard of Hearing

When the close captioning is engaged, indicate who is speaking and what they say. The captioning runs together. Here is an example of what it looks like on Google Meets.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. integrate an active language translator.

integrate an active language translator to allow for natural communication between colleagues in different countries. This would improve operational efficiency and make MS Team much more useful across language barriers.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Language Settings and Translation

My language setting is English. I work in a bilingual environment that encourages the use of both English and French. I want MSTeam to translate my Englihs text to French for me without making me change my language setting.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please include Kannada language in immersive Reader,

We have lot of students in Karnataka, India who use Kannada as their mother tongue and learn and use microsoft applications, it would be helpful to all the children, mainly who hails from rural background

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Auto translate videos audio

Lyrebird has technology to create a digital representation of a persons voice.
    The Stream video service can recognize people talking and transcribe. How about pipe together the chain of technologies to have a translated version of the videos audio with the right voice characteristics of the person talking. An AI infused dubbed video!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams search cannot fully recognize Thai character

When we try to search file names in Thai, the file cannot be searched. But if we search in Eng, it can be found. It seems Teams search cannot fully recognize Thai character which is very bad for Thai users' experience.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Popout Closed-Caption Window

When screen sharing, meeting window is reduced to a small unusable window. With closed-caption (in preview) is set, the presenter cannot see the captioning for the meeting audio when screen sharing is enabled. We would need to open the small control window to expand to see the captions. Request for separate closed-caption (cc) window.

Also, please disable closed-caption censoring.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integrate AutoCorrect with Microsoft Teams

Please integrate the AutoCorrect from Microsoft Office to Microsoft Teams. It will enhance the overall experience as user will be able to avoid typo with autocorrections and will be used some shortcuts developed for personal usage.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Instant voice translation from one language to another (eg French to English)

I wish to hear a direct translation from French to English when talking to speakers of the French language.

Is it possible to add a feature for one to turn on when necessary?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set language of Teams via PowerShell

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Windows PowerShell から Microsoft Teams の言語を設定する機能
    Set language of Teams via PowerShell

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams において、Windows PowerShell を利用してユーザーの言語を設定する機能の実装を希望します。
    I want to be able to set the user language of Microsoft Teams using PowerShell.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Phonetic names for Team Members

With companies becoming more diverse and globally distributed, is it possible to leverage cloud technology to display a Phonetic representation of a person’s name, with an option to hear how the name actually sounds.

Cheers

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Spell-check for Chat

I appreciate that I might be a dinosaur, given the proliferation of texting but it would be good if Teams Chat had a "spell-check" function

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add translation feature for captions saved in meetings

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    キャプションの内容を別の言語で再翻訳する機能を希望
    Add translation feature for captions saved in meetings

■Description(内容):
    Teams 会議においてキャプションとして保存した際のテキストの内容を、他の言語で再翻訳する機能を提供してほしい
    Please give us a feature to translate caption text that were saved during Teams Meetings.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. auto-translation in channels, supporting multi-lingual teams

auto-translation in channels, supporting multi-lingual teams

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base