Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams initial language settings

Currently, the initial language of Teams depends on the base language of the OS.
    For example, even if I apply the Japanese language pack, the base language of the OS is English, so the initial language of Teams will be English.
    If the user has to change the language manually and has a large number of employees, this can be a huge effort.
    So, please fix that refer the application status of the language pack.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Spell check for other Languages

It would be great if Microsoft Teams had the ability to spell check other languages. I like that all my operating systems are in English but I mostly write in Spanish since I am in a Spanish native country.

It would be a great feature to add.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support language setting per team/chanel

Working with multiple teams local versus world wide end up in We are working with multiple languages per team/channel.
    Channel / team conversation can be local (Dutch in our case) or international (English). Switching dictionaries each time is undesired. Setting preferred language at channel/team level would solve this.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Funcionalidad de Traductor de voz en tiempo real durante una reunión

Sumar la funcionalidad del TRASLATOR de MICROSOFT a TEAMS. Es decir que durante una reunión con personas de otros paises puedan ver la traducción del orador en el idioma de cada uno a medida que va hablando.
    Teams tiene una funcionalidad similar pero actualmente sólo transcribe lo que va diciendo en el mismo idioma, no lo traduce a otro idioma

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the language in Android app

In the Android app, isn't possible change the language such as the Windows or MacOs.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change the language

Previous versions was the option to change the language, but in this version is not available. Could you please add again this option. It would be a great help

Thank You

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Maintain Australian English Language Settings on Desktop Application Update

Microsoft has advised us that:-

We have discussed this issue with Teams desktop client language with our technical advisor and we have found that Teams desktop client only picks up the OS language when you have set a Teams supported language in the OS and unfortunately, English Australia is not a supported language for MS Teams. Hence the users need to setup the English Australia manually in Teams desktop client and by design it will switch back to the default English UK when Teams client is signed out or uninstalled or auto updated.
    Refer: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-your-display-language-in-microsoft-teams-293792c3-352e-4b24-9fc2-4c28b5de2db8
    We request you to share…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The language used for each notification email depends on the region of the organization and cannot be set for each user.

The language used for each notification email depends on the region of the organization and cannot be set for each user.

In addition, for smooth communication with users in various countries, it is necessary to be able to set the language used for notifications for each user.

Invitation to team, meeting participation, voice mail, post notification, etc.

Of course, this is a necessary function for services other than Teams.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In French, modify the button "nouvelle conversation" by "nouvelle publication"

When you are in a TEAM channel you are in "publication", it's important to rename the button "nouvelle publication". It's not a "nouvelle conversation".

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Native languages to Teams translator

Request that Native languages, including Dakhota and Ojibwe, be added to the Teams translator. Individuals who speak Native languages remind us that English is a language that is foreign to the US. Access to the Native languages of our state via a Teams translator would help our staff create a better equity-driven conversation, learn the languages of the communities we serve, and, ultimately, provide a more equitable service.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow for realtime multi language inputs and multiple translations in a single meeting

Often times, we run global meetings which require multiple speakers presenting in their native languages. we need teams to allow for multiple and simultaneous speaker languages with an appropriate translation in the participants native language. eg Portuguese and French meeting presenters (speaking in native languages) addressing an audience of English, Japanese and Chinese audience who will hear the message or see onscreen translations in their native languages

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Voice to text feature in Teams

Can you add a "dictate" or "voice to text" feature to Teams?

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add QWERTZ (Swiss) keyboard to Teams phones

In the Teams embedded app on Teams certified phones (eg: Yealink T5xA phones), we can choose between approx 15 different languages and associated keyboard layouts.
    Today there is no Swiss layout available (fr-CH: Swiss French - 100c:0000100c) and it's not convenient for users to have to choose another keyboard layout.
    Can you please add much more keyboard layouts?
    Thanks!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. International settings are false

Why Microsoft still binds country and language? For example Finland is a bilingual country and the official languages are Finnish and Swedish. Yet Sweden has slight differencies for eaxample in date format. Thus choosing Swedish/Sweden is not the correct choice. Another problem comes with the fact that I am working in an international company where the software language is English. This is also reasonable due the fact that local translations are not always correct and all bug fixes are not localized nor there may be a localized version available. But since I motly write in Finnish, I definitely like to…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Captions for Spanish, i'm deaf

I am deaf , i'm from Spain and I frequently use teams for work meetings. I have seen that English subtitles are already available. I need subtitles in Spanish, it urges me more because I use it more in teleworking due to the COVID-19 virus situation.
    Thank you, I await your news.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Translate recorded TEAM/Skype for Business Meetings

It would be great and for us really helpful to have the opportunity to translate recorded meetings in Skype for Business and TEAMS. At least into german/english/spanish

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Using "Du" instead of "Sie" as Language/Local option

In German you have "Du" and "Sie" for the englisch "you". It's usefull to can change between both.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. french closed captioning

It would be helpful if we could have closed captioning for French. We currently have the ability in Live Event to have a person speaking English to enable English closed captioning; it would be nice to have the same option for French (an official language in Canada) and even to expand the feature to other languages.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Captions

being able to scroll back through the captions

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Subtitles for Foreign Language Like the Live Captions in English

We have a lot of dutch colleagues who talk in Dutch and I tend to miss out on details. Why not have dutch subtitles like the English live captions ?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base