Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shan Keyboard in windows 10 it's doesn't work for typing

Dear, Microsoft team.
    I would like to inform you the windows 10 already have found the Shan keyboard (Symbol), but just only Burmese tying. We are having some difficulties for our Shan language on it.
    Therefore, in windows 10 keyboards just only the name of Shan, but the language is in Burmese. We all Shan people need your team to support and creating for us with Shan Keyboard and Shan language the correction with both of them.
    If you need information from us, Please, let us know we are looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks
    With Regard

836 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  283 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spell check in muliple languge

It would be nice if it was possible to have the Teams desktop app in one languge and spell checking in multiple languge and at the same time customize date and time format.

E.g. I would like to have Teams in English, have spell checking in English and Danish, and have date and time format in "Danish".

334 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  58 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic translation of messages into your prefered language.

Sometimes is just easier to use your own language for writing, or you start a conversation in the middle of another and they are using different language. To have the option for automatic translation of the messages would be great for multicultural teams.
    I know other apps that have this functionality and sometimes is really useful.

246 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Proofing languages

I would suggest it could be possible to include several additional languages options rather than just taking the default language. Thanks.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add word to dictionary

We need a simple option to add a word to the dictionary.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Urdu Language Support

Please add Urdu language support

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  32 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Translate - Enable automatic translate to all new messages and shows the original text and translated text both

We are using group chat by users from multi languages and countries and considering migrate from Slack to Microsoft Teams.

If Microsoft Teams translation feature can enable automatic translation and visibility of original and translated text at the same time, it is very useful and you will take advantage to multi counties collaboration and global companies.

Sometimes, translated text does not make sense, in the case, users try to read by themselves with a dictionary that would be helped by seeing original text and translated text both on the screen.

Please think about this translation feature.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improvement the accuracy for Japanese keywords search in Microsoft Teams

I use keyword search function with a poster name to find past chat history; however, poor search experience with Japanese word, such as persons’ name, would return the unexpected search result.
    I would request the search function that could automatically detect string with hashtag or double quoted text as a word when searching with keywords.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Khmer Language Support

Please add Khmer language support

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I'd like to be able to right click > correct spelling in Teams and Channels!

Spelling and grammar [red underlined] highlights appear but cannot be actioned in Teams or Channels - anywhere. Please fix this!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make spell checking optional

As a User I want to be able to switch off spell-checking. -
    It is very annoying that spell-checking cannot be switched off, plus, that the language the system thinks I'm typing in is the language to which the app is set. This is not the reality of most users. We want to set the app language to, let's say English and then type in whatever other language without getting the input redlined. Personally, I'm switching languages all the time depending on who I talk to. I want to be able to do this without my input being redlined. If…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Translate option for Teams' Guests

As a guest on a Team, I would like to have the Translate option available to me when it's turned on for the Tenant. I believe this is a common use-case when a Guest joins a Team in another Tenant where they all speak a different language.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change the language

Previous versions was the option to change the language, but in this version is not available. Could you please add again this option. It would be a great help

Thank You

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Real-time translation feature for Teams meeting

It would be great that Teams could implement a real-time translation for conversations in a meeting and captioning feature like the Presentation Translator add-in for PowerPoint. This feature would be useful to have a Teams meeting with users in other countries.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Correct folder language of the Teams channel "General"

If you create a team over MS Teams, then the channel name in german is "Allgemein". But the folder behind the channel is named "General".
    The language of the folder name should match the the language of the O365 Tenant.
    Or make it possible to select the correct language in the teams creation process.

If you create a Office 365 Group, then you can select the language and the folder name is correct.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hawaiian language support

We would like MS to support the Hawaiian language in Teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set the language for group created within Teams

When a new Team is created, an Office 365 Group is created as well. But there is no way to choose the notifications language for the Office 365 group created.

So, any group created by users in Teams have the "English US" language setted, no matters the user ou tenant default or defined language.

Teams should let the user choose the "Team language", and propagate this to the Office Group underlying - just like happens when creating a group in Outlook.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support for two or more languages.

Support for two or more languages.
    I write English and German - when I set English, all German words are displayed as errors.

So if I could set two languages, English and German would be recognized and corrected in the chat and the group's posts.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Invitation mail language is different against auto-detect language.

The language of the teams invitation email will depend on the language settings of the receiver.
    However, users who use Teams in English often receive an invitation email in other language.
    I think that language is selected a tenant account settings .
    Because We use Teams in the language detected automatically from a browser or an OS, we want to send an invitation email in that language.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please include Kannada language in immersive Reader,

We have lot of students in Karnataka, India who use Kannada as their mother tongue and learn and use microsoft applications, it would be helpful to all the children, mainly who hails from rural background

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.