Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live Translation Option for Team Meeting

It would be great to see a live translation option available in Team Meetings. It would be great help for multilingual team to have common understanding/takeaway even if people are speaking their native language. It would also help brain storming sessions across zones. Live translation could be directly feed into live captions ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to permanently change the spellcheck language in MS Teams for OneNote tabs.

I'm using OneNote tab in MS Teams and every notebook I open continues to spellcheck using English (US), even if I change spellcheck language which is very frustrating.
    I have to change it manually each time if I want it to spellcheck using other language. As soon as I go back to typing in a notebook, it will revert back to proofing using US English.

Please add possibility to permanently change spellcheck language in MS Teams for OneNote tabs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fixes for the “Usage report”

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    "使用状況レポート" に関する改善要望
    Fixes for the “Usage report”

■Description(内容):
    下記 2 点の改善を希望します。

1. "使用状況レポートの各項目の数値カウントについて明確なロジックを記載している公開情報の提供を希望する"

2. 下記公開情報の "レポートを解釈する" 項目内の項番 7 にある説明文に関して "予定外の会議" など解りづらい表現が多いため、"今すぐ会議" や "グループチャット"など Microsoft Teams アプリ上の表示に準じた内容に変更を希望する"

タイトル:Microsoft Teams ユーザー アクティビティ レポート
    アドレス:https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-JP/microsoftteams/teams-analytics-and-reports/user-activity-report

Please fix the two issues below:
    1. Add clear publicly available information on the logic driving the numerical count of items in the usage report
    2. In the article below, under the “Interpret the report” section, there are a number of difficult to understand items in part 7 such as “Unclassified meetings”, so please change it to match “Meet now”, “Group chat” etc. terminology used…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams initial language settings

Currently, the initial language of Teams depends on the base language of the OS.
    For example, even if I apply the Japanese language pack, the base language of the OS is English, so the initial language of Teams will be English.
    If the user has to change the language manually and has a large number of employees, this can be a huge effort.
    So, please fix that refer the application status of the language pack.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow closed-captions to delay or promote timing so the text and audio match better.

If it were possible to delay the video so that the captioning were closer to on-time it would be helpful; it looks like that delay would be well under two seconds and quite tolerable, even for back and forth conversations. You could, if you wanted, delay everyone the same amount and probably achieve a seamlessness. The captioning sort of does this already as it erases what it just wrote and backs up when it thinks it's made an error so whatever the lookback limit is for self correction is quite likely exactly the delay factor that is indicated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keep captioning when minimized

If you minimize the Teams window, what remains is a talking head but the captioning goes away. Put differently, you don't seem able to make the talking heads go away and keep the captioning.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Included who is speaking in CC text

The captioning would be improved if it included who is speaking, e.g., "Dan: ***, Chris: yyy, ..."
    This is especially true if some have cameras on and some do not and/or if there are more participants than screen real estate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring across 'Skype Translator' into Teams! PLEASE!!!

You nail it in your positioning back at the age old dinosaur, Skype..

Whether you need to translate English to Spanish, English to French, or communicate in voice or text in dozens of languages, Skype can help you do it all in real time – and break down language barriers with your friends, family, clients and colleagues.

Our voice translator can currently translate conversations from 60 languages into 11 languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese (Mandarin), Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Arabic, and Russian.

And our text translator is available in more than 60 languages for clear, seamless instant messaging. Of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Translate longer channel/chats posts

Sometimes, you need to post a longer message or announcement for an international team. In that case, if you try and use the translation button as the recipient of this message, the following warning message appears: "This message is too long to be translated".

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Exploratory offer expiration date

Subscription end date of Teams Exploratory offer is set to 2853 in M365 admin center. We don’t understand why 2853 and we can’t tell actual end date. Please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Language Translation

I would like to suggest an idea to see if Microsoft can add some sort of application software in Teams which can translate or decode a message from Local language to English and vice versa over the call itself.

For Example:

A speaker on one end speaks in local language and receiver on other can listen to the message either in English or in his/her own preferred language and can communicate vice versa.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I miss spelling control in multiple languages

Using chat in multiple languages, I miss the function of being able to switch language for the spelling control "on the fly"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. مرسله خاص

مرسله خاص

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Italian subtitles

subtitles in italian

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Closed caption that reads sign language and translates it to text

Closed caption that reads sign language and translates it to text. I think it would be a great option where Teams could read ASL (American Sign Language) and translate it to text or a form of closed captioning.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. use local language for spell-check

The in-line spell-checking seems to only allow you to use US English and not Standard English (i.e. UK and the rest of the world).

Can this be addressed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. instant translation

It will be great to have the feature to instantly translate the written messages from one language to another within the chat for better collaboration. For Example, someone is typing in Spanish and i can click on a "translate to English" button and see the rough translation for better understanding and faster replies. As of now i am copying the messages to Google translate and then coming back to MS teams to reply to them. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Breakout room interfaces are not fully localized

I want Breakout room interfaces to support local language aligned with Teams app setting. For example, “Automatically move participant to rooms” and “Participants can return to the main meeting” options under room setting in Breakout room menu are still written in English.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The ability to download a text file with speaker tags

I would like to be able to insert speaker tags into the transcription from a Teams recording and download this as a text file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base