Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Choose transcription language

Let user choose the desired language(s) when starting transcription feature in the meeting. Teams language is often not the correct one. People may use Teams in English but speak another language or other way around.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Built-in translator

Built-in translator in the message window. Teams is used in business, between many companies in many countries, it would help if there was a built-in translator. Nowadays, I have to switch between the translator window and Teams a lot. Easy translation editing, I want to be able to force some translations for ambiguous words.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Subtitles for Foreign Language Like the Live Captions in English

We have a lot of dutch colleagues who talk in Dutch and I tend to miss out on details. Why not have dutch subtitles like the English live captions ?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Popout Closed-Caption Window

When screen sharing, meeting window is reduced to a small unusable window. With closed-caption (in preview) is set, the presenter cannot see the captioning for the meeting audio when screen sharing is enabled. We would need to open the small control window to expand to see the captions. Request for separate closed-caption (cc) window.

Also, please disable closed-caption censoring.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. adding in user profil linguistic proficiency

adding in user profil linguistic proficiency for better cummunications with teams around the world to see direct in which language i can contact other persons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Funcionalidad de Traductor de voz en tiempo real durante una reunión

Sumar la funcionalidad del TRASLATOR de MICROSOFT a TEAMS. Es decir que durante una reunión con personas de otros paises puedan ver la traducción del orador en el idioma de cada uno a medida que va hablando.
    Teams tiene una funcionalidad similar pero actualmente sólo transcribe lo que va diciendo en el mismo idioma, no lo traduce a otro idioma

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I miss spelling control in multiple languages

Using chat in multiple languages, I miss the function of being able to switch language for the spelling control "on the fly"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Do not shorten ISO 8601 dates

I have my system set to ISO 8601 Dates (YYYY-MM-YY). It is confusing that Teams shortens these to M-D.
    Please conform to ISO 8601 rules for avoiding misunderstandings regarding day, month and year.
    Only YYYY-MM or YYYY-MM-DD is allowed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. language detection and spelling correction for several languages

language detection and spelling correction for several languages

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. request to add the Basque language (Euskera) in the teams settings

request to add the Basque language (Euskera) in the teams settings

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Breakout room interfaces are not fully localized

I want Breakout room interfaces to support local language aligned with Teams app setting. For example, “Automatically move participant to rooms” and “Participants can return to the main meeting” options under room setting in Breakout room menu are still written in English.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spell check doesn't offer Definitely when Definantely is typed

Spell check doesn't offer "definitely" when "definantely" is typed. I had to copy the misspelled word into Word to check it there to get the desired option. "Effeminately" was the only option offered, which is obviously not good enough.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. simultaneous language interpreter

Offer simultaneous language interpreter (person) for multiple languages thru the use of channels for Meetings and Live Events.

This has been offered in Zoom and it works great.

This is a must for multinational organization when we have multi-language audience and attendees can select the language they want to listen independently for what the speaker language is

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display of names in Teams invitation mails

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams への招待メールの名前の表示について
    Display of names in Teams invitation mails

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のチームへユーザーを招待した際のメールに "〇〇 さんによって *** チームに追加されました。" と表示され、〇〇 さんの部分が苗字ではなく名前で記載されております。
    日本では一般的に苗字で名乗ることが多いため、招待メールの表示を "苗字に変更する"または、"フルネームで表示する" などの変更可能なオプション機能の追加を要望いたします。

Currently, the mail sent out when inviting a user to a team shows “(name) has invited you to the team (team name)”, and the ‘name’ field shows the first name of the person sending the invite, not their surname.
    In Japan, it is convention to use surnames in most circumstances, so please add options to change the text in invitation mails to “Show surnames” or “Show full names”.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Translation in channels on mobile apps

It really need to have translation function in channels of Teams on mobile apps.
    In international school/company we do parallels at least 2 languages in teaching/working. So in desktop app we already have translation in channel, however, this function is lacking in mobile apps.

Could you please check and develop this function?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spell-check for Chat

I appreciate that I might be a dinosaur, given the proliferation of texting but it would be good if Teams Chat had a "spell-check" function

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow for realtime multi language inputs and multiple translations in a single meeting

Often times, we run global meetings which require multiple speakers presenting in their native languages. we need teams to allow for multiple and simultaneous speaker languages with an appropriate translation in the participants native language. eg Portuguese and French meeting presenters (speaking in native languages) addressing an audience of English, Japanese and Chinese audience who will hear the message or see onscreen translations in their native languages

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Spell check for other Languages

It would be great if Microsoft Teams had the ability to spell check other languages. I like that all my operating systems are in English but I mostly write in Spanish since I am in a Spanish native country.

It would be a great feature to add.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow two or several simultaneous audio channels

We would need to have 2 or several simultaneous audio channels during Teams meetings or Teams Live Event in order to allow live audio translation in different languages.
    For example: the main speaker speaks in English while participants look at his/her presentation on the main channel, and listen a French live translation on a second channel, at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Language Translation

I would like to suggest an idea to see if Microsoft can add some sort of application software in Teams which can translate or decode a message from Local language to English and vice versa over the call itself.

For Example:

A speaker on one end speaks in local language and receiver on other can listen to the message either in English or in his/her own preferred language and can communicate vice versa.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base