Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. teams spell check

Please, we definitively need Teams to support spell checking for English and non-English languages.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Key combinations for adding accents to vocals i.e ctrl+' = acute accent (é)

Word and Skype already have this feature, whenever you press key combinations such as ctrl+' followed by a vocal it automatically accentuates the vocal like this á. Same goes for grave accent ctrl+` gives à.

It'd be nice to also have circumflex (â), tilde (ñ), dieresis (ü), and cedilla (ç)

As a native Spanish speaker with an English keyboard and some interactions in French is very common for me to need this handy feature that Teams is currently missing and my messages are often ambiguous or plain horrible!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable participants to direct message each other

I am an American Sign Language Interpreter. When I'm working with a team interpreter we often need to message one another to determine when to switch off and to feed each other missed information. This is not info that everyone needs to see. Currently you can only send chats to EVERYONE. Please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to pin themselves

I am an American Sign Language Interpreter. When I'm working with a team interpreter My video is a tiny box and and I need to be able to see both myself and my team so we can stay in frame and be seen. It is important, especially when there are numerous participants that we be able to pin ourselves so for clarity of message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bidirectional Text support when first letter of message is LTR

Although RTL text is mainly supported whenever the first letter of the message is non-RTL (for example English word, @ for mentions, or > for quotes) the bidirectional text afterwards is scrambled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams Invation - select Invitation Language

The Teams Invatiotn Text is allways in the language set in outlook, this cause difficultys especialy if the invatation was send to multiple languages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support automatic text alignment (Left to right/ Right to Left) based on the first letter typed.

For example,
    if the first letter typed is in English, set text alignment to Left-to-Right.
    if the first letter typed is in Arabic or Hebrew, set text alignment to Right-to-Left.

This is already the case in Chrome, Gmail, Whatsup
    It's supported in HTML by setting the attribute [dir="auto"]

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In French, modify the button "nouvelle conversation" by "nouvelle publication"

When you are in a TEAM channel you are in "publication", it's important to rename the button "nouvelle publication". It's not a "nouvelle conversation".

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add french languages as transcription languages during teams meeting

Add french languages as transcription lnaguage during teams meeting

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Translate longer channel/chats posts

Sometimes, you need to post a longer message or announcement for an international team. In that case, if you try and use the translation button as the recipient of this message, the following warning message appears: "This message is too long to be translated".

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multilingual Language Setting

Can you please enable a simultaneous multilingual setting for people that engage with colleagues in multiple languages and/or multilingual cultures, such as Canada and Spain?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams is using English (US) for spell check. As you can imagine, being in the UK this is a bit of a pain.

I/we have set the language to English(UK), but the spell check is still using English(US). Can this be changed?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatically translate audio in meetings

Using cognitive services, allow meeting participants to collaborate in their chosen language, but always translate to my chosen language before playing the audio to me.

Cognitive services is quite sophisticated and already has the components needed to do this. It can identify a speaker and the language they are speaking. It can be used to transcribe the meeting into English and a voice synth can be used to deliver that translation to me. That way, I can work with my colleagues across Europe without having to learn a dozen different languages or suffer their broken English.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Spell check for more than one language (like the Office suite/Word has)

Teams link App language with spell check, but the rest of the office suite products do not.
    So I have to have my Teams App language set to Danish if I wish for Danish spell check, and then change the Teams App (and restart) language to English to get spell check in English.

Please allow 1 App language but multiple languages for spell check (like the rest of the Office products have had for decades!)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Transcription in vdi

Add the live transcription feature to the vdi version of teams

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow multilingual automated voice prompts

Voicemail, auto-attendant and call queues can only have one language selected at a time. This means that in a multilingual environment, it is impossible to have a system that will talk both languages. Ultimately, I would need 1 phone number per language, which is no good.

For example:

• Set up call attendant, pick English as its language.
    • Tie this attendant to a phone number.
    • In a bilingual country such as Canada, both French and English speakers may call this number.
    • Although there may be an audio greeting that is bilingual, if the user hits an unsupported key, the computer generated…
    16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add spell check on chat and option to add words to your dictionary please

add spell check on chat and option to add words to your dictionary, please

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Choose transcription language

Let user choose the desired language(s) when starting transcription feature in the meeting. Teams language is often not the correct one. People may use Teams in English but speak another language or other way around.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. stop asking what language we're typing, please

Here's an idea - stop annoying your users asking if this is the language you're typing right now every time they're writing in chat?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base