Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Using "Du" instead of "Sie" as Language/Local option

In German you have "Du" and "Sie" for the englisch "you". It's usefull to can change between both.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please stop using abbreviations without explaning them.

Please stop using abbreviations without explaining them or make an accessible abbreviations list.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. enable change language from US English to UK English

change language from US English to UK English, the current spell checker in Teams forces US English

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. capability of live translation from any language to others

I am an Expats and we use Teams for any meeting now, which sometimes it involves mostly locals from my host country. When majority of the meeting attendants are local, they will conduct the meeting in their language instead of English, reason is most of them are not English fluent speaker, or can't speak English at all, then they will summarize to me later. It is totally OK for me. But it will be nice if Teams has the capability of live translations so that I can follow the whole meeting progress and give input & contribute to the meeting…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Captions for Spanish, i'm deaf

I am deaf , i'm from Spain and I frequently use teams for work meetings. I have seen that English subtitles are already available. I need subtitles in Spanish, it urges me more because I use it more in teleworking due to the COVID-19 virus situation.
    Thank you, I await your news.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A translation feature for Teams on smartphones

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    スマートフォン用の Teams の翻訳機能について
    A translation feature for Teams on smartphones

■Description(内容):
    スマートフォン用の Teams アプリケーション​に、翻訳機能を実装希望。
    We hope a translation feature will be implemented for the Teams application on smartphones.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SpellCheck Settings

There is absolutly no settings for the spellcheck.

We should be able to enable and disable it and to choose language

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Translate - Enable translation in Highlighted Text

Sometimes, we get lost in a full text because we don't know the translation of a single word, sentence or expression.
    With the translation in the highlighted text, we could see in a pop-up what that means and it would be enough to understand the whole context

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. conversaciones

Deberían de tener la opción de eliminar las conversaciones, o la opción de depurar las conversaciones

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve Japanese machine translation quality for public articles

I would like you to improve machine translation quality for Japanese public articles. Machine-translated articles are difficult to understand. Using less technical terminologies would be better.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Link previews render using the wrong language

I've set the app language in Teams to English (US) but sometimes link previews are rendered in some other language. For example links to twitter render in Dutch (I think), see attached image.

The link sent was:
    https://twitter.com/settings/sessions

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Syntax of Email Notification from Teams is incorrect

If you receive an email notification from teams, it adresses you with the {Last name}. That is very inconvenient and I would say rather rude.

I think the problem is with the syntax of the emails.
    What also bothers me is that the syntax is not the same for all the emails you receive.

I noticed that the emails you receive when you join a group addresses you correctly. The syntax of the emails when you are mentioned and others, is wrong.

Example Last Name: Guzman
    Example First Name: Antonio

Important note here:
    My native language is German. That is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Spanish words for "Rubric" and "Assignments"

Hi there.

I would like to see the same Spanish words used when referring to rubrics and assignments.

In some parts of the Windows app "Assignment" has been correctly translated into "Tareas", while some still show an incorrect "Asignaciones".

The same applies to "Rubrics": in some places you show the correct form "Rúbricas"; in others, the incorrect "Indicaciones".

Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Offer on-screen keyboards in different languages with spellchecking

Offer on-screen keyboards in different languages, similar to what is available for android phones so users can type messages in different languages with spellchecking.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Corrector Ortográfico en Español de México no funciona correctamente.

Mejorar el corrector ortográfico para Español de México

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Not everyone in the world uses American English - please respect that. Many anglophone countries use European English but, you are Americans

Please remember that not everyone uses American English. Please add the option for correct English, not American English. Do not auto-correct when I am spelling the words correctly for where I live. Your other apps do the same. We do not use "z" and we often use "u" where you do not, for example.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Facility to capture minutes of a meeting

I would like teams should have facility capture minutes based on the speech to text along with speaker name. This should be a optional feature , should activated when required.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use the Windows language settings (English Australia)

The Teams Windows desktop app should use the Windows language/regional settings but instead users have to manually change it from English (US) to English (Australia). Also seems to change back to US from time to time even though users have changed the language setting on first use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Instant voice translation from one language to another (eg French to English)

I wish to hear a direct translation from French to English when talking to speakers of the French language.

Is it possible to add a feature for one to turn on when necessary?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show the URL link for Teams meeting in the language we set for Teams apps

Even though the language has been set in Japanese for Teams apps, the URL link for joining into meeting would be shown as “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting” in English. We have confirmed that this behavior would happen if
     you select a channel in the meeting creation, or
     you do not select attendees and channels in the meeting creation, then you add attendees later.
    So, I would like to show the URL link for joining Teams meeting in the language we set for Teams apps regardless of how you create a Teams meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base