Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Captions

being able to scroll back through the captions

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve the closed captioning of Microsoft Teams meeting for Deaf/Hard of Hard of Hearing

When the close captioning is engaged, indicate who is speaking and what they say. The captioning runs together. Here is an example of what it looks like on Google Meets.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. auto-translation in channels, supporting multi-lingual teams

auto-translation in channels, supporting multi-lingual teams

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto translate videos audio

Lyrebird has technology to create a digital representation of a persons voice.
    The Stream video service can recognize people talking and transcribe. How about pipe together the chain of technologies to have a translated version of the videos audio with the right voice characteristics of the person talking. An AI infused dubbed video!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want a feature that captures speaker voice and converts into regional language setby the listener in Teams Meeting

the feature is detailed using an example:

I am the speaker and can talk english, my client understands only Japanese. So the system shall be intelligent enough to identify who is the speaker and display the text version in native language of the client(japanese) and vice versa, whenever client speaks in Japanese it should capture speech in english and show it to me parallely.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add translation feature for captions saved in meetings

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    キャプションの内容を別の言語で再翻訳する機能を希望
    Add translation feature for captions saved in meetings

■Description(内容):
    Teams 会議においてキャプションとして保存した際のテキストの内容を、他の言語で再翻訳する機能を提供してほしい
    Please give us a feature to translate caption text that were saved during Teams Meetings.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keyboard shortcuts to type Umlaute and other international characters

In other O365 apps I can use keyboard shortcuts to type international characters on an English keyboard, for example, ç = ctrl+, and c, or ä = ctrl+: and a. See https://support.office.com/en-us/article/keyboard-shortcuts-for-international-characters-108fa0c1-fb8e-4aae-9db1-d60407d13c35. This is missing in Teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Phonetic names for Team Members

With companies becoming more diverse and globally distributed, is it possible to leverage cloud technology to display a Phonetic representation of a person’s name, with an option to hear how the name actually sounds.

Cheers

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. O365 Germany

When will Microsoft Teams be available in Office 365 Germany?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Language change button - more visible

Could it be the language change button make more visible and intuitive for users to find?

For example right under the profile picture displayed in the left pane without the necessity to click on the profile settings to change the language.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow "add to dictionary" of words used daily as company lingo. (can't find "add to dictionary" in the help section)

Company lingo words added to dictionary to eliminate the "misspelled word" syndrome.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Could the closed caption feature automatically be transcribed into a word document?

In the event that our clients forget what they said, we can kindly remind them using transcripted closed captions from our teams meetings

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Renaming translation "due on" in German

Dear Teams Team,

in German the date when a task should be handed in by the students ("due on") is translated as "Fällig am" which sounds very rigid and rather suitable for old-school business. Please change translation into something more adequately.

Thanks in advance!
    Clemens Meyer

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Truncated banner messages in Microsoft Teams are usually unreadable

I would like to request below two improvements as the banner messages of Microsoft Teams are truncated and they are unreadable for most cases. This would give a business impact for us.

1. Whole Japanese messages in the banner to be shown.

2. When the message size is over, need a display stating that the size is over.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. dutch

Some parts are not translated in Dutch, like collaboration space (samenwerkingsruimte), assignments (opdrachten)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback!
    Dutch translation for “Collaboration space” and “Assignments” was implemented.
    Please, check an attached screenshot and let know if anything else can be improved.

We are evaluating if a translation of “Rubric” should be changed. I’ll update about it soon.

—Natasha (Microsoft)

16. Allow for realtime multi language inputs and multiple translations in a single meeting

Often times, we run global meetings which require multiple speakers presenting in their native languages. we need teams to allow for multiple and simultaneous speaker languages with an appropriate translation in the participants native language. eg Portuguese and French meeting presenters (speaking in native languages) addressing an audience of English, Japanese and Chinese audience who will hear the message or see onscreen translations in their native languages

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Language Settings and Translation

My language setting is English. I work in a bilingual environment that encourages the use of both English and French. I want MSTeam to translate my Englihs text to French for me without making me change my language setting.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable translation for messages posted by bots

There should be the same option for translation message posted by bot like it was posted by other team member. Deleting such posts were already requested.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. International settings are false

Why Microsoft still binds country and language? For example Finland is a bilingual country and the official languages are Finnish and Swedish. Yet Sweden has slight differencies for eaxample in date format. Thus choosing Swedish/Sweden is not the correct choice. Another problem comes with the fact that I am working in an international company where the software language is English. This is also reasonable due the fact that local translations are not always correct and all bug fixes are not localized nor there may be a localized version available. But since I motly write in Finnish, I definitely like to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base