Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Status Color to MS Outlook

In outlook you should see the status of the person you're emailing. Right now that's only available if I have skype running. When I have teams on I dont see the red, yellow, green, (or no) status of the person I'm emailing.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifications when files are updated in a Team

Team or General channel notifications should be sent when files are updated in a Team. Unless I check every so often, I don't know when files are updated, as the person updating the files doesn't post a comment to the General channel (which I'm following) and updating a file doesn't auto-post a comment to the General channel to trigger watches on the channel.

The same is true for new files, but there is also an idea already open for new files: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18719107-notifications-should-be-sent-when-files-are-added

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VIP notifications

I have notifications on minimum to avoid too much distraction with my work. However, there are individuals that I need to respond fast and it would be great if we could define VIP people for which we could make different rules for notifications from the rest of the pack.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. team notifications

there are no obvious notifications in 'teams' .. you have to click in to 'teams' when you remember to do so, and then you can see the teams you are a part of.. if there is new conversation, it will be bolded... but again, you have to remember to check into teams. On 'Chat' it shows a notification so I am able to remember to check that - but am always behind in my team updates.

There needs to be some unity between the chats so I can remember or a better notification.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Customise banner size and display time

Customise banner size and display time

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add message to "you got a new team"-email

When I add new members to a team I would like to add a message to the "you got a new team"-email. Just like that I can add a message when I share a file from OneDrive or SharePoint.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add notification/alert like skype

There should be a notification/alert pop up when there is a message, someone goes offline or comes online...

Refer SKYPE notification settings
    This is very important
    We have started using this app recently and because of no notification we are missing notification/messages needs out attention....

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customize notification sounds

I would like to turn on notification sound for calls only. Today, you can only turn notification sounds on or off for all functions.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide option to suppress "Joined the Team" and "Left the Team" messages in Org-Wide team

Please provide an option for administrators to suppress the "Joined the Team" and "Left the Team" messages that are automatically added into the conversations stream. This would be a nice feature in any Team, but is really important for the Org-Wide team.

Because of the nature of our business model, we have a high turnover / churn of employees -- so every day there are multiple messages about who joined the team and who left the team. This noise causes the actual content in the General channel of our org-wide team to be pushed off the page. We try to…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop the blinking in the taskbar when a message is received

A single notification screen on the desktop is great, and the option to email me of a missed teams chat* is helpful. Please disable the blinking of the icon in the toolbar on the windows desktop each time a message is received. If I do not want to view the message, the icon in the task bar blinks orange until I select it, and then click on Teams. If I do not want to view a message in the middle of a task, I should not have to sit through blinking alerts. Maybe have the icon/minimized window blink twice.

*Come…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams Notification follow Windows 10 quiet hours

If I setting Windows into "quiet hours", Teams Notification always popup it.

Let Teams Notification follow Windows 10 action center - "quiet hours" setting.

Thanks

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Working Hour Notifications

A way to set your 'working hours' in your profile settings to only receive notifications within that time-frame. This way, we can leave work and switch off without continuing to get notifications on our phones.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable notifications for Incoming Webhook messages

Whether I follow a channel explicitly or not, no banner notifications or message count indicators show for messages from Incoming Webhooks.

There is a StackOverflow question for this as well: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43764022/how-do-you-get-notifications-from-a-webhook-connector-posting

Thank you!

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Archive Notifications

It is difficult to keep track of what Notifications have been read or responded to. I propose the addition of an archive or hide option to remove Notifications from the list.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show who answers a call

We have a main line and 3 people that it rings to. In Skype the call box showed "answered by (username)" before it closed. Would be nice to see if the call was answered instead of assuming the caller hung up

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Use Same Notification Sound in iOS App as Desktop App

You are relying on the default push notification sound on iOS. It would be helpful to have a custom notification sound for Teams notifications so that I know which app is pinging me without looking at my phone. This sort of thing is trivial to implement for an iOS engineer (I know because I've done it before).

Hopefully you can use the same sound between the desktop and the mobile apps. Thanks!

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Control notification when Add members

Team's administrators sometime would like to avoid the automatic built-in email welcome message sent to a new member when he/she's being added to a Team but sent a custom message in a later time explaining the new members the whole contact of the new team they've been invited to. Option to uncheck email notification (similar to what SharePoint provides is very needed to address this scenario.
    In addition, the timing of sending this email welcome message should be changed to after all members at this cycle are being added so admin can regret and remove from the list potential members…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option Notify Team members when a new channel is created

We would like to notify the team when a new channel is created.

We manage small projects and problem tickets using a Microsoft Team. As the number of channels in our team increase it can be easy to miss when a new project or problem channel is created.

Team member should have the option to enable a notification when a Channel is created. This notification could be implemented as a pop up notification, email, and/or as a card with a button in the General Channel's conversation.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show a preview text on notifications

Show a preview of the text when you get notifications

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Upgrade Windows notifications experience

When my Teams application is minimized and I get a message, a notificaiton pops up on my screen. However, if I DON'T click on it and go to the app directly and view the message that created the notification, the popup on the screen does not disappear. Make it so the notification clears, please.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base