Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upgrade Windows notifications experience

When my Teams application is minimized and I get a message, a notificaiton pops up on my screen. However, if I DON'T click on it and go to the app directly and view the message that created the notification, the popup on the screen does not disappear. Make it so the notification clears, please.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to use @mentions in emails to channel

I have searched and experimented, but I can find no way to use @mentions when you email a channel. I frequently forward received emails to a channel to bring up a subject in Teams and I would like to be able to use @mention in the email. As it is now, I have to go reply to my own email in the channel (which, I cannot edit to add the @mention, BTW) and say something like "@team Wanted to notify you about..."

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add notification/alert like skype

There should be a notification/alert pop up when there is a message, someone goes offline or comes online...

Refer SKYPE notification settings
    This is very important
    We have started using this app recently and because of no notification we are missing notification/messages needs out attention....

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notifications when files are updated in a Team

Team or General channel notifications should be sent when files are updated in a Team. Unless I check every so often, I don't know when files are updated, as the person updating the files doesn't post a comment to the General channel (which I'm following) and updating a file doesn't auto-post a comment to the General channel to trigger watches on the channel.

The same is true for new files, but there is also an idea already open for new files: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18719107-notifications-should-be-sent-when-files-are-added

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Status Color to MS Outlook

In outlook you should see the status of the person you're emailing. Right now that's only available if I have skype running. When I have teams on I dont see the red, yellow, green, (or no) status of the person I'm emailing.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Working Hour Notifications

A way to set your 'working hours' in your profile settings to only receive notifications within that time-frame. This way, we can leave work and switch off without continuing to get notifications on our phones.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. alert when someone becomes online or offline

Alert when someone becomes online ( or offline usefull for managers :)

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. (Un)subscribe button for threads

Add an unsubscribe button for threads you would no longer like notifications for, and a subscribe button so you get notified on a thread without having to reply to it.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams Notification follow Windows 10 quiet hours

If I setting Windows into "quiet hours", Teams Notification always popup it.

Let Teams Notification follow Windows 10 action center - "quiet hours" setting.

Thanks

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Email Notifications

It would be great if the Team application would send an automatic email to members when any changes occurred to the site. Examples would be if a file was changed or added or if a conversation was posted.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show a preview text on notifications

Show a preview of the text when you get notifications

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option Notify Team members when a new channel is created

We would like to notify the team when a new channel is created.

We manage small projects and problem tickets using a Microsoft Team. As the number of channels in our team increase it can be easy to miss when a new project or problem channel is created.

Team member should have the option to enable a notification when a Channel is created. This notification could be implemented as a pop up notification, email, and/or as a card with a button in the General Channel's conversation.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. saved

I use the Save mention feature a lot for later correspondence. Save button is very easy to use on the message but to find the saved message is very hard because it is hidden in the menu. Please place the saved list menu on the navigation bar.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Banners and Notificaitons

Allow a settings option where I can choose to have notification banners simply be a general notification--not display the actual body of a chat message visible.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notification Pop Up

It would be great if the user can decide where on the screen a notification pop up is shown. It is very often hiding buttons to the bottom right which is annoying.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Control notification when Add members

Team's administrators sometime would like to avoid the automatic built-in email welcome message sent to a new member when he/she's being added to a Team but sent a custom message in a later time explaining the new members the whole contact of the new team they've been invited to. Option to uncheck email notification (similar to what SharePoint provides is very needed to address this scenario.
    In addition, the timing of sending this email welcome message should be changed to after all members at this cycle are being added so admin can regret and remove from the list potential members…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Microsoft Stream videos hyperlink

Now Teams support Stream as a tab., thanks.
    Next step is to be able to create a hyperlink for each added video in Teams to be able to create a conversation/notification about each newly added video.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Settings > Notifications: Notification sounds need to allow more options

“Notification sounds = Off” will disable all sound notifications, including disabling the Call notifications. What I’d like to do is to disable Mention and Chat notification sounds for example, but keep Call notification sounds. This can't be done at the moment as only 3 options are available:
    All
    Call, mention and chat
    Off
    We would need additional options to cover all use cases.
    Thanks

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teacher is notified when students submit assignments

Teachers should be able to turn on notifications for when students submit assignments, especially if they are late. Currently, teachers are not notified when students submit anything and if it's late, the teacher will have to open past assignments to see if anything has been submitted.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add team channel notifications, push to mobile device, show number of unread messages in each Chat and Teams and channel

Show toast when message is posted to Team channel that is followed.
    Show the number of unread messages in the Icon, on the tabs and on the channel. (mobile and desktop)
    Push the notification to mobile devices.

We shouldn't have to go look at the channel to see if its bolded. Users want to glance at the icon, if a number exists then they know there are unread messages. They don't want to have to hunt for the unread messages.

Almost every other team app and social app does this.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.