Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pause Notifications Temporarily

When in meetings or other concentrated workflows, it is not easy to pause notifications for a brief period of time without going through the full notifications settings. Can you add a pause feature where you can select the amount of time to pause all notifications?

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams pop-up notifications no longer display on top of (fullscreen) applications

Since a recent change in Teams notifications no longer display on top when working in fullscreen mode. Most collegues work with a Remote Desktop client. Teams they run in the background on their local machine.
    When you would receive a message or a call Teams would pop-up a notification on top of the RD-client. Since a recent update this no longer happens. You have to minimize te RD-client and other applications that run on your local machine, because they all show on top of the Notification.

I think this is caused by an update where Teams notifications now are using…

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Chat notifications in Chat, not Activity

When someone likes a message on Chat, the notification appears on Activity, so you have to click to a different screen to see it. Would like notifications about any activity in Chat show up in Chat

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VIP notifications

I have notifications on minimum to avoid too much distraction with my work. However, there are individuals that I need to respond fast and it would be great if we could define VIP people for which we could make different rules for notifications from the rest of the pack.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. notifications

I am unable to get any pop-up notifications on my phone from the Teams app. I have checked the following settings: On the app:
    Menu/Settings/Notifications:

Send Notifications - "Always, even if active on desktop"

Push Notifications - All selected

Sound - set on with vibrate

On the phone:

Settings/Notifications:

Teams set to notify

Advanced:

Allow Notifications selected

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove private chat reactions from the activity feed

The activity feed does not show private chat messages but it does show private chat reactions. This is very confusing. Either the activity feed should show both private messages and private reactions or neither.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt)

I would strongly request you to publish the public-facing information about how to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt).

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to @tag all members of a team/channel in a message/post.

Ability to use @everyone or @channel tags to mention everyone on the team or channel in my post.This way, I can ensure that everyone on the team, or specific channel are notified about my message/post (Specifically useful when members have their notification settings are set to "Send me notifications for: Mentions only".).

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Just type “@general” in any channel in the team, and it will notify and alert everyone in that team of the message.

9. Notifications

I would like a setting to turn notifications on or off based on a timer so that notifications only pop up during set work hours.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mail notification uses the first name of displayname (which might be the last name)

I would consider this more as a bug.
    Problem:
    In all email notifications it looks like it uses the first part of the displayname property (unitl the first space).

Assumption:
    AD Property Displayname uses Lastname Firstname
    Based on Screenshot this is HOBMAIER Dennis and Maierhofer Andreas.

Error:
    The Result will be:
    Hello LASTNAME

LASTNAME (of other participant) sent a chat message.
    See the attached screenshot.

Expectation:
    Change this to use AD first name attribute.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable or mute notifications when not attending a meeting

Ability to disable or mute notifications for a meeting you are not actively attending.
    Consider the scenario of being double booked or optional for a meeting and you don't join. There is no need for the Chat/IM popups and dings to occur, instead I should look at my activity feed and can then choose if I need to review or not.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sync notification badge count across platforms

The unread notifications count needs to be synced across platforms. For example, right now if I read my Teams messages on my Mac, my iOS app will still have a red badge on the app icon indicating I have unread messages. This leads to be constantly opening my iOS app thinking I have missed something, only to see it's messages from hours earlier that I already read on another device.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatically clear activity when the activity is viewed without requiring switching to the activity page

I get a pop up notification of a new message in a channel.
    I alt-tab to teams. I'm already in the channel, so I see the new message.
    Why does 'Activity' still have a number telling me I haven't seen this new message? Don't make me switch to the activity page to clear the indicator. Clear the indicator automatically when Teams gains focus with the channel that has new activity already selected.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show who answers a call

We have a main line and 3 people that it rings to. In Skype the call box showed "answered by (username)" before it closed. Would be nice to see if the call was answered instead of assuming the caller hung up

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow for sound notification option/customization

When Banners for Microsoft Teams is turned off, a sound notification is no longer present, as it when a new message was received in Chat when Banners was turned on. The Banner itself is too invasive for all the chat messages that I receive, since it blocks me from seeing/using my screen. In fact the blinky to taskbar and sound would be fine, but not a pop up in the notifications area. Sound notification options would still be nice to have irregardless, in Chats and individual Channels. The customization options that were once available in the product were proven to…

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notification Banner Only on First Message

Rather than having a notification banner pop up for EVERY message, make it an option that you only get the banner for the first message you receive in a series.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Phone ring

Please add the device choice for incoming call ringing,
    as it was possible in skype business.

Computer loudspeaker ring, and not that the ringtone arrives in the headphones.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mark all Channels as Read

It would be great if we can please have the ability to mark all Channels in a Team as read.

At present, if you go to a Team, and you have 30, 40 or more than 50 channels, you will see that all the channels are bolded. This indicates you have not read the content.

So at the Team level, and even the Channel level, it would be great if you can right-click, and select “Mark all as Read”

This would be especially helpful when you are added to a Team that has many Channels. When I am added to…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatically update status/location (ie working from home/in office) based off location

It was nice in Skype that it would automatically update to my default status "In Office" when at my work location or to "Working from Home" when at my home location. I switch back and forth between the two locations every day so now have to type in a new status/location every morning when I log in.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Be Right Back button #BRB

Be Right Back button #BRB

To enable participants to move away from screen to briefly deal with other issues during a larger group meeting.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base