Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Respect Focus Assist

Teams should respect Windows Focus Assist settings. I'm not even sure how apps are allowed to override Windows settings like this.
    I put Windows Focus Assist into Alarms Only mode so I could record screen captures and I Teams kept popping up notifications over my application. I had to completely exit Teams so I could finish my task.

228 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default notifications for every channel

Every channel should have notifications auto-enabled, which could be muted at the user's liking. Muting could be enabled/disabled in the admin center in the event that a channel is of great importance and needs to send out notifications to everyone. In the attached screenshot is the option to "Notify me every time there is a new post in this channel". This should just be automatic.

214 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. @everyone in Chat

Ability to notify everyone in a CHAT thread with the @everyone tag is needed.

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. keywords Monitoring

Would be great if admin could monitor keywords similar to yammer. entering key works that if typed would notify admin.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notification at file upload on team

Notification should be come in conversation tab when any body upload a file on team. Other wise other team members don't get the update about that file.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Important Message Notification

Currently, there does not seem to be any notification on any platform when a message in a Team/Channel is marked Important. Please put an option to be notified for important messages, even if you aren't actually mentioned in the post.

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review by the feature team. I hope to have a decision soon to share with you.

-Warren

8. Can we get an option to change the ringtone

Since everyone use the same ringtone, you sometimes do not know that your phone is the one ringing

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scheduled Do Not Disturb, like Slack

Do Not Disturb should block all notifications and I'd love to be able to schedule DND, like on Slack

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. sound notification

The sound you updated to during the week of March 6 is HORRIBLE. Please give us an option to change sounds for chat notifications the same way we can change sounds for the phone calls

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: TEAMS does not respect focus assist settings

Focus assistant was turned on but notifications from teams (collegea chatting with me) were displayed as pop-up in the right bottom corner

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mark message as read directly from notifications.

We send/receive a lot of short messages that can be read in their entirety from their notifications. Since there's no way to mark a message as read directly from the notification, we basically have to dismiss the message "twice": clear the notification itself and then click into the desktop app to clear the red unread badges. It would be great time/click saver if there were a way to mark a message as being read directly from the notification itself.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams does not respect "Do Not Disturb" on MacOS.

When I set my Mac to "DO NOT DISTURB" Teams still pops up notifications. This is really annoying when I'm sharing my screen in a meeting.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed

It'd be nice if unread updates to a channel or direct chat would result in a persistent banner that would stay on screen until I read the message or dismissed the notification.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow for Secure Notification Banners without Text

Please allow for Banner notifications to have a function where the banner only shows who the message is coming from and not display text. This is a more secure/private notification function that is easier to recognize than a the desktop icon that blinks.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Banner notification on second monitor

I, and many of my colleagues, do many presentations using screen sharing to potential customers. I share my primary monitor to the customer, but the second monitor is offstage. It would be most helpful to have a setting of where the banner notifications appear (on which screen/monitor). I like getting the notifications, but I need them to show up "offstage" instead of on my primary monitor.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. notification reminders

Being able to set reminders for messages received, whether it be a group chat or private. As simple as hovering over the message and maybe clicking a drop down box (where other options such as edit, save, or delete message would be) then clicking "set reminder" and then just set a desired time.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Missed calls in Microsoft Teams should trigger email to Outlook

I have checked with Microsoft Premier Support and they have confirmed that users will only get notification for missed calls in the Teams app. Email notification is only for the missed messages in Teams, and this is the expected behavior.

But I found it strange why only calls are being excluded from email notification? Isn’t calls more important than message as people can always send email as alternative to chat?

Furthermore, Team’s setting is called “Missed activity emails”, which the missed calls fall under, this is very confusing to users.

Please include missed calls in email notification!

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Taskbar Icon with Notification

On the far bottom right small icons, can we get a little red flag or something when there are unread messages. Like in Slack.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. notifications

I am unable to get any pop-up notifications on my phone from the Teams app. I have checked the following settings: On the app:
    Menu/Settings/Notifications:

Send Notifications - "Always, even if active on desktop"

Push Notifications - All selected

Sound - set on with vibrate

On the phone:

Settings/Notifications:

Teams set to notify

Advanced:

Allow Notifications selected

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)