Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. @mention Post From Flow Does Not Work

When using Flow to post a message to a Team channel, the @mention does not trigger a notification. The text of the message is simply the "@mention" that was typed. Please enable a text recognition of @mention to enable the notification as though it were being typed directly in Teams.

297 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

42 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifications for teams

I'm not receiving any notifications from teams.
    Each time I select anything in notification settings the selected setting disappears...

289 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

105 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

Please add to the comments if you are experiencing this. I would like to know the OS and device you are using as well.

I’ll bring this feedback to the feature team and help get this investigated.

-Warren

3. keywords Monitoring

Would be great if admin could monitor keywords similar to yammer. entering key works that if typed would notify admin.

280 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mark message as read directly from notifications.

We send/receive a lot of short messages that can be read in their entirety from their notifications. Since there's no way to mark a message as read directly from the notification, we basically have to dismiss the message "twice": clear the notification itself and then click into the desktop app to clear the red unread badges. It would be great time/click saver if there were a way to mark a message as being read directly from the notification itself.

226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams does not respect "Do Not Disturb" on MacOS.

When I set my Mac to "DO NOT DISTURB" Teams still pops up notifications. This is really annoying when I'm sharing my screen in a meeting.

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: TEAMS does not respect focus assist settings

Focus assistant was turned on but notifications from teams (collegea chatting with me) were displayed as pop-up in the right bottom corner

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add whole mention text to email notification

I receive notification emails for personal and team mentions. Some are important but many are not. However the email doesn't have enough of the message to tell, so I have to log in to teams and open my activity just to see that someone posted a picture.

Please include the whole conversation message in the email notification.

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Important Message Notification

Currently, there does not seem to be any notification on any platform when a message in a Team/Channel is marked Important. Please put an option to be notified for important messages, even if you aren't actually mentioned in the post.

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review by the feature team. I hope to have a decision soon to share with you.

-Warren

9. Cross Organization Notifications

It would be great if I could receive notifications while I'm in a different organization in teams.

Say there are two organizations 'A' and 'B' while i'm in organization 'A' I won't receive any notifications from organization 'B'. This leads to me easily missing notifications.

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Turn off chat notifications for current meeting

Turn off notifications for meeting chat for the current meeting.

When I'm in a meeting I still get notifications for the chat of the current meeting, even when I have the meeting chat open on the right side.

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed

It'd be nice if unread updates to a channel or direct chat would result in a persistent banner that would stay on screen until I read the message or dismissed the notification.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  22 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Silence notifications for selected team

I am a member of several teams but I only want notifications for my main/home team. Should be able to silence notifications on a per team basis. Per channel for that matter. Do it like Facebook. On any notification you receive, long press and choose "stop receiving notifications for this team/channel/conversation/person"... etc.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mute channel timer

Great work on the new mute channel/chat feature. However, I think this would be vastly improved by adding a timer funtion (like facebook messenger). This would allow you to permanently mute a channel/chat or mute it for a set period (30 mins, 1 hour, 4 hours, 1day, 1 week for example).
    This means that when you are concentrating on work and don't want notifications popping up every second for stuff that is currently irrelevant, but don't want to miss future team chats it gives that ability. I hope that explanation makes some sense.

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Route chat banner notification to pop-out chat window

When a user clicks on the chat banner notification, the chat automatically opens in the main Teams app - even if the user already has that chat open as a pop-out. This is disruptive to work that may be actively ongoing in Teams and defeats the purpose of having a pop-out chat window. When a pop-out chat is open and the user clicks a chat banner notification occurs related to that chat, the user should be routed to the pop-out window, NOT the main Teams app

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow notifications to be disabled for Thumbs-up reactions

It's annoying to have Teams flashing away telling you there's something new to look at when it's just someone clicking Thumbs-up on a comment. There should be an option to disable those notifications while leaving notifications for actual messages.

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. snooze notification

Allow a notification or multiple notifications to be snoozed x number of minutes. Sometimes it's not possible to reply to a message right away, so having the ability to snooze a notification for 10 minutes for example was a very useful feature of slack, so that I could snooze the notification and be reminded of it at a more opportune time. Giving a range of snooze times is also super handy for accomplishing this, as well as the ability to resnooze for subsequent periods. For example on slack you can snooze a notification for 20 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours,…

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Suppress Meeting Notification Until Meeting Start Time

Often, someone joins a meeting a few minutes early causing notifications on every other user to immediately join. This causes meetings to actually start earlier than scheduled due to everyone showing up due to the notification. As well, once the 'meeting started' notification goes away, a new notification does not fire at the actual start time of the meeting which can cause someone to end up being late if they can't be early (another meeting for example).

Ask: Have a toggle/setting to have meeting notifications fire at meeting start time vs. first meeting participant. Alternatively, have all notifications fire at…

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. notification reminders

Being able to set reminders for messages received, whether it be a group chat or private. As simple as hovering over the message and maybe clicking a drop down box (where other options such as edit, save, or delete message would be) then clicking "set reminder" and then just set a desired time.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Taskbar Icon with Notification

On the far bottom right small icons, can we get a little red flag or something when there are unread messages. Like in Slack.

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to use @mentions in emails to channel

I have searched and experimented, but I can find no way to use @mentions when you email a channel. I frequently forward received emails to a channel to bring up a subject in Teams and I would like to be able to use @mention in the email. As it is now, I have to go reply to my own email in the channel (which, I cannot edit to add the @mention, BTW) and say something like "@team Wanted to notify you about..."

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base