Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Difficult to turn off and on notifications

In chat window we have huge history. Its difficult to find particular person and tag for notification. It will be helpful if options such as pinning, tagging for notificaitons available in the search window with right click

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. group policy to force missed notifications to email

Need to be able to control more with policies in Intune - such as forcing important chats to be delivered to email.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Direct Message Alerts

It would be nice if someone was sending a direct message to me, that there would be a separate , flashing pop up alert that differentiates a normal posted comment in conversation with a group of people and an individual person trying to get my attention via a direct message privately. The alerts we get now is something that does not separate between the two thus I would ignore the alerts thinking its just a conversation still going on with a group of people not knowing someone was messaging me directly. So maybe a new window that once we click…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Message notifications on phone app don't go away after acknowledging message on PC

Ref: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16997926-dismiss-mobile-notifications-when-marking-them-rea

This is not working. I will acknowledge(click) the message by reading the message in Teams PC, but the same message notification will not drop from my notifications on my Android 10+ Edge(v11). So, I must then clear those and make sure that they are actually duplicate messages. Confusing and redundant. Perhaps a wrong settings on my part, however, co-workers with iOS have said the same. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. attendance

Start of meeting is often delayed until enough attendance or quorum to proceed. Be useful for the presenter to be able to see eg; 15/23 attendee's are on-line, to trigger the meeting to begin.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Toggle notifications by account

As a user of multiple accounts, I need the ability to toggle which accounts I receive notifications from in the mobile app.

I don't need to see notifications on my primary account but I absolutely need to see them on my other accounts since I rarely check them. Because I receive too many notifications on my primary account I have resorted to disabling all notifications in the system settings of the app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notify/alert when specific person is a chat member

For example, when I want to send message in the chat group it will be great to get notification/allert that my boss is a member of this group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a "Mark as Read" option to the Teams message preview notification

Currently, even after you have read it in the Win10 Notification, you have to go to the message in Teams to get get it marked as "Read".

Adding a "Mark as Read" option to the Teams message preview notification would eliminate this on hundreds of messages users can get in a day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. set a reminder for a post that will send the people tagged a notification at "x" time.

Sometimes our leasing team needs the operations team to open a door at a set time. Currently I set a calendar invite to the team, so we can remember when the time gets closer. Often, we are way to busy and will work through that moment. It would be great if I can send a message on teams with a the ability to remind us of the task at a certain time. I know there are other Microsoft tools like tasks, but this would make it a lot more integrated. This also will eliminate the need to create a calendar…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Overcome the weakest part of hardware in a business laptop - High decibel Notifications

The weakest part of a business laptop are its speakers. As this product is more focused towards business users, it might be a good idea to use some high decibel notification sounds so that users can hear it even when not near the laptop. The notification pop up stays on screen only for few seconds and every now and then user needs to go to Teams app to check if any new notifications have come. Also some customization option for selecting sounds can be provided.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow users to set audible alerts for some connections while allowing the remaining to be silenced.

Selective Audible Alerts for specific connections - I would like to be able to silence most alerts because I find it impacts my productivity, however I don't want to make my boss wait 15 minutes for a response while I am engrossed on another screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. have a way for user to change notification sound

I personally don't have issue with the current sound jingle but would be great to have it customizable. When user in a group it would be a easy way for us the distinguish ourselves in the crowd

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Get rid of the daily Enjoy Using Teams notification on start up.

Get rid of the daily Enjoy Using Teams notification on start up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mobile - option to block notifications when status is Out of Office

I'm amazed at the omission in the Teams for Android block notifications section.
    I'm a member of Teams group chats at work. Great, but I'm currently on ANNUAL LEAVE MICROSOFT, is that OK with you?? Even as I write this ding, ding ding, swipe away multiple pop-ups.
    I have my Out of Office status set, with message, set via Outlook for Android, and Teams for Android does recognise this.
    So then WHY do I have the option to block notifications by setting a quiet day of the week, or quiet hours (as if Microsoft does have SOME concern for its…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add option to opt out of "response request" or remove RSVP notifications for scheduled calls

With Outlook calendar events, you can opt out of getting responses from invitees who are attending or not attending. Would be good to have this function in TEAMS so we don't get inundated with unnecessary notifications about attendance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mark All As Read Feature

We are moving over from Skype which has a Mark All As Read feature when you right click the Chats tab. When I’m out of office and there are hundreds of MS Team chats to go through that don’t pertain to me, I have to manually click each one, wait a second for it to read it, then click the next one all individually. This feature would be highly appreciated! Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. forward notification to phone if message not viewed on pc even when logged in (active)

When receiving a message while logged in to teams app on pc (active status), set a duration (say 5 min) where... if I have not read/opened the message the phone app will display a notification too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Breakout team - how long has breakout been active timer

When breakouts are active I can see the total time of the meeting but have no idea how long my breakouts have been in session unless I set a separate timer. I dont want them to end automatically but do need a way to know how long I've had it open.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set specific days and time to get notifications for a given Teams channel

For example, if you share a channel with other shifts but work Mon-Fri in the day time, it will only send you notifications in that time frame. Or, if you work in multiple teams in a day, you can set a time when the notifications stop on one channel and turn on in another.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. @-Mention all people that replied to a channel topic with a single click

In some topics within a channel over the course of the discussion so many people are @-mentioned that it takes a lot of time to mention everyone so they are informed. In this case it would be great if with one click I could get all members that previously replied to this topic!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base