Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Teams notifications actionable from the Windows Action Center

Notifications can now consistently be pushed to the Windows Action Center. Those notifications are merely messages which require returning to Teams for action. Enable simple action directly from the Action Center notification. For meeting notifications allow to 'Join Online'. When tracking availability of a contact allow to stop following.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On demand notification when a user goes out of DND mode

I'd like to be able to choose for a certain user, to get a notification when that user goes out of the "do not disturb" mode. Now I need to constantly check their status in order to message them (I'm a person who respects the DND mode)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Deactivate dial tone

dial tone is annoying. i need an option to mute that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create the ability to send message reminders - like a 'nudge' feature that used to exist in MSN Messenger

Create the ability to send message reminders - like a 'nudge' feature that used to exist in MSN Messenger

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to 'flag' a chat in order to highlight it has an outstanding action

People read chats amongst doing other things and the chat can often have an action required. This function wold allow people to stay on top of their tasks similar to flagged emails in their inbox awaiting action

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Modify notifications so that everyone with access to a channel doesn't get a notification every time someone publishes a new work schedule

Currently, several people on my team have access to another team's channel. We work in marketing, and so we have access to many team's channels so that we have access to their documents. But, when members from those other teams publish a new work schedule for their teams, we are getting the notifcations every time, although we don't need those notifications. Is there a way to opt out of certain types of notifcations? Please!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add a feature to restrict/disable the "Notify when available" feature

add a feature to restrict/disable the "Notify when available" feature

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PLEASE Native MAC OS notifications

Why do you keep using the horrible none native alerts? It covers up actually native notifications used by 99% of all the other apps that someone uses on Mac OS. Your alerts act differently than other alerts ,don’t respond to my global settings and don’t play well with IOS devices e.g. IWatch notifications.

I like a lot of features in teams, but this is just an annoying show stopper for me and I use Slack with the majority of our teams to avoid using MS teams for this reason.

I thought Microsoft had changed in its willingness to accept other…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. provide notification sound options for different users and notifications

pleas give the ability to choose different types of notification sounds for different notifications - ie, unique sound for calls, unique sound for mentions, unique sound for reactions, unique sound for new direct messages, different sounds for messages from different users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Customizable Teams Notifications Emails

Customizable Teams Notifications Emails
    Right now Teams notification emails only come from noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com this is such a generic email address with nothing identifying that it is coming from your Tenant. This leads to suspicion from users to not trust the emails.
    It would be nice to be able to customize the sending address and/or the subject line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Extend Mac Native Notifications to Calls and Meetings

I don't understand how the original request got closed with a half-way implemented solution. Native chat notifications are great, but we need call and meeting notifications to be native as well. I am so sick of hitting the play button on my keyboard and the Teams ringtone starts playing. And I still can't see who is calling or click the ignore button on calls because they're behind other native notifications that I need to keep on my screen.

PLEASE!!! make this happen without us having to wait another 5 years.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give a setting to disable automatic presentation mode during screen sharing

I am a software Engineer, and our team actively practice pair/mob programming. This means the only time we spend outside of screen share, is ironically during meetings.

This presents a massive problem to us, since we are responsible for supporting customer facing websites and applications, and it is impossible for someone to contact us unless we remember to change our status.

Currently the way we work round this is we HAVE to use slack for general messaging. What is the point in having a OS level control for notifications if applications ignore it (I have banned teams from ever setting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. move notification windows to the upper-right or somewhere else -- I can't read what I'm typing because it's always at the bottom-left.

Please allow us to move where notification windows show up. They're always blocking my space where I'm typing, if I'm on a different chat window (e.g., my group chat will be pinging me while I'm trying to DM someone). It shows up and covers what I'm writing, so I have to close it -- but then there will be stacked notifications as the people in my group chat keep texting. Customizing where the notification appears would be crucial for productivity. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reactions on Teams notifications

Would be handy to be able to use reactions on (OS native) notifications from Teams. Currently I can only type a response when someone sends me a chat message I cannot simply "like" or "laugh", etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Review how the popup alerts work when an active screengrab session is in play.

Review how the popup alerts work when an active screen grab session is in play. I have to close the snip,wait seconds or clear the popup & redo snip. As the popup's invariably hides some of the snip needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add on-site/off-site to status information

I am a hybrid employee (i.e. I work both on-site and at-home), and it would be nice to have a status that shows whether I am on-site or not. I do not want to use the status message to set this, but some other means of indicating my location to my colleagues without the annoying status messages.

It would be very convenient to see from teams whether a colleague is on-site or not, so I can decide whether to just stop by their office or keep the conversation on teams. This could also be a time saver when searching for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. be notified if someone does not respond

have the option when sending a message to be notified if someone does NOT respond within x amount of time (maybe have some built in time slots to choose from), their profile blinks. it would be nice to turn on a feature to remind you a message was sent but was never responded back. This would be a really great follow up feature for some industries

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification sound

Can you please separate into the notification section, the play sound for incoming calls and notification.
    Thanks a lot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. button to move to the team where i had an activity notification

sometimes when I receive a notification in activity it brings me to the particular topic/conversation where I was for example mentioned... After reading It i realize this is similar to a different topic in the same team or i want to simply browse other channels of that team... to do so now, i have to first click the button teams on the left navigation, then find the team... it would be nice if i could quickly, with one button be moved to the team... its simply annoying if you have 20 teams to look for the one, where the conversation…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notification pop-up should rearrange the place where exactly the user wants to see it. like top or top left corner, or left bottom corner

Notification pop-up should rearrange the place where exactly the user wants to see it. like top or top left corner, or left bottom corner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base