Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. need to improve notification when message comes, hard to identify sometimes when we are deep in work, that results late replay

need to improve notification when message comes, hard to identify sometimes when we are in deep work, that results late replay.
    my idea is like you could add MS Team notifications to visual studio, that results ask things to work easy is the one way of enterprsing the application.
    and add a notification flag to right side corner like the star now added to this site as a number of notifications with glowing, that will be draggable to any place on the desktop itself
    please see the attached file star

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. notifications only when the app is in the background.

on the MacOS app, its super noisy when you are reading a thread and getting notifications about it at the same time. Should be able to mute the toasts when the app is in the foreground

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When the channel list collapses change the state of the icon if a new message has been sent. Currently, there is no way to see if anyone has

When the channel list collapses change the state of the icon if a new message has been sent (Bold?). Currently, there is no way to see if anyone has sent a message if the channels list has been collapsed, for example when the Teams window width has been reduced.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Light notifier desktop application, like Yammer Notifier.

As the browser version is sufficient enough for me and my colleagues, we only need at desktop notification application which links to the browser version of Microsoft Teams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Block notifications on mobile when status is Do Not Disturb

When status is DND, notifications still come through on mobile (iOS version 1.077.2017072604). Very disturbing when on a phone call.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enhance e-mail notifications to be more descriptive and less spammy

Anytime we do an @mention everyone in our team gets an e-mail notification that is pretty much useless because it only says someone has mentioned you or that you've missed some messages on a channel, instead of actually providing a short blurb of each message or mention. People on our team feel they are getting spammed because the e-mails do not provide any value to them due to their lack of descriptiveness.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Doesn't get sync automatically on mobile

After chatting on desktop, it doesn't get sync automatically on mobile till the time you open the app on mobile and wait for the sync, it should be realtime.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Push is not Reliable

We like Teams but sometimes you don't get any push message on your Mobile Phone. You have to open the App, To see if there new messages

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New messages don't appear after clicking "New Messages"

I scrolled up in a conversation to read old messages. Some new messages came in. I scrolled back to the bottom and didn't see the new messages. I saw a "New Messages" button and clicked it and the new messages did not appear. I had to click the "Activity" button to see them. Please fix the "New Messages" button.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. vote for ideas without receiving email updates

Not a complaint about Teams itself, but this feedback site. I'm happy to vote up existing ideas (and register to the site as I have done), but not a fan of being automatically subscribed to email notifications about it afterwards forevermore. Let us just vote please with no email subscription.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Control notification when Add members

Team's administrators sometime would like to avoid the automatic built-in email welcome message sent to a new member when he/she's being added to a Team but sent a custom message in a later time explaining the new members the whole contact of the new team they've been invited to. Option to uncheck email notification (similar to what SharePoint provides is very needed to address this scenario.
    In addition, the timing of sending this email welcome message should be changed to after all members at this cycle are being added so admin can regret and remove from the list potential members…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please, for the love of all that is green, make the pop-up notifications DISMISSIBLE

The pop-up notifications stay for what seems like an eternity. You cannot configure where they pop-up, and you cannot dismiss them. You can only click on them. This is easily the most annoying thing about Teams, anyone who says anything different is wrong or crazy.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Working Hour Notifications

A way to set your 'working hours' in your profile settings to only receive notifications within that time-frame. This way, we can leave work and switch off without continuing to get notifications on our phones.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. sound

I noticed today that if I set my notification preferences to "Only show in feed," I no longer get any audio notification. This is very difficult to deal with as I cannot have the visual cues popping up as they are much more distracting than an audio noise. This has caused me to have to re-enable the banners which is having a negative impact on my performance.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want be able folow topic (recieve notification)

When I am member of channel. And some one will start topic. I am not mention there so I will not receive notification. That is required.
    When I read topic and I am interested in it I would like to do something to receive new notification (follow topic).
    Workaround with limitation is write message with something like “interested” but this will interrupt others.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Focus mode button: custom notification icon/banner/email

One problem these days is that we are continuously overload with information, and that damage focus. In general, the user should be allow to be notified only in some cases.

An angle I'm missing is to make it easy to switch between modes.
    1* Can be interrupted
    2* Don't interrupt me for an hour unless it's urgent.
    3* Don't interrupt me at all.

3* should be useful, for example, when having a meeting.
    2* should be useful for focusing.

I'm subscribed to some channels where I have to follow the conversation, but if I'm focused, I'd like to be notified…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Double Notification Problem

Quite often I get notified of a new message and click on the notification to read said message. If I then minimise Teams to the taskbar I frequently get a second notification in the form of the taskbar icon flashing: when I look at Teams again, there are no new messages.

It's as if the left-corner-of-the-screen notification dialog and the taskbar flashing come from two different timelines, both operating independently of the other and neither fully in sync.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show new notification on app icon.

It would be great to have red notification circle on the app icon on the dock (OSX), just like it does on iphone when you have a missed call or new text message, with the number of new notifications for this app.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Different notification settings per team

There are some teams that are more important to me than others. Team members constantly mention their entire team (as they should) but I do not need to get emails for all of these. However, I do want an email for other teams. My inbox if getting flooded and I am now faced with abandoning the teams I'd like to be a part of, or shutting down notifications and being left out of the loop on my more important teams.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable notifications for Incoming Webhook messages

Whether I follow a channel explicitly or not, no banner notifications or message count indicators show for messages from Incoming Webhooks.

There is a StackOverflow question for this as well: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43764022/how-do-you-get-notifications-from-a-webhook-connector-posting

Thank you!

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base