Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I keep getting notification spam from teams I'm interested in, so I joined but not directly part of e.g. same team but overseas counterpart

Getting too many notifications from the boss of the Australian team. I joined that team because I used to be part of it, but I get all the announcements which I really don't need

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to filter banner notifications by priority users

In the notification settings, allow an additional option like "Banner filtered by priority users".

Can use the list of priority users defined in the privacy dialog

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow the users to turn off e-Mail notifications, and still keep the standard phone/computer notifications on.

Allow users to manage, not only what they are notified by, but also what kind of notifications the user would like.
    I cant turn off notifications. If I do, I wont see the messages. I cant let it stay on, because it spams my email more than regular spam-Mail does.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Notifications at the same time

I have to use this app for our school network between teacher and parents. However I have 2 children at same school with different class. So I have to sign up seperately to get information or getting message each of my children. If one of chidren set up is turn on then I cannot any notification or message about my other child . I need two access and set up at the same time. Otherwise I can miss the homeworks or notificaitons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The message is not displayed on the phone screen (Note 9 samsung)

The message is not displayed on the phone screen (Note 9 samsung)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Silent mode needed

Need a silent mode for notifications. I want to be notified without any sound

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatic Notification

Should be able to set up a channel or relationship so that every time something is posted, a notification automatically goes to specific team member(s).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow me to get notifications without having the app opened.

I don't get any notifications on my phone when someone messages me. Including when they tag me. It is incredibly inconvenient

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Short cut for notify all the team members in the channel

Support @ all people e.g. @all can notify all the members within the Channel

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. On phone/PC,unread events counter notice on icon Needs unique notice for 1:1 unread chat responses. Too many of them now are low value to me

Basically, when someone pings me with a 1:1 chat comment or question I want to know right away. On Skype it only was it 99% 1:1 initiated notifications (if I am doing other things on PC or phone) but a box popped up in lower right corner to alert me.

Teams isn’t as obvious and the notification indicator trigger and counts up for SO many things that are not important or urgent that I am dulled to seeing there are pending notifications and feeling any sense of urgency to check them. But what that means is that people trying to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. My team and I love the idea of Teams and would make more use of it if everyone got notifications from it.

I and other of my team have the Teams app on our phones as well as on our laptops. There's only one person that gets notifications on either. The rest of us normally don't get a notification on either device, even though the settings are all so we get notifications. We're planning on switching to Slack because of this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. notifications in iOS not appearing.. Direct chats, followed channels etc.

Notifications stopped appearing in iOS again, even with "always" configured in notification setting. Includes direct chats, followed channels etc. This isn't limited to one user. running latest iOS app, and most up to date windows 10 client. Why does this keep happening?!?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use topic feeds to monitor team/channel activity (ie ego filter)

In prior platforms (such as Group Chat, Lync) you could fine-tune your room monitoring by setting up topic feeds, or filters, that notify you of chat room messages that contain specific words and phrases you’re interested in. Our various business units have created several processes around this feature.

These helped us focus on areas that involve or interest certain groups without having to inspect every new message that gets posted to the rooms you’re following. Ideally this would also highlight the keyword(s) that were identified by the filter.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bubble Notification

The PC app does not provide any Bubble Notification. So if you are using the Notes app to view Planner, you will not see any sign of new communication on the left column Teams icon. Looks like nothing new until you click on teams. Then you only see bold on those channels that have new messages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If I turn off notifications for X, don't show a notification on the icon

I got tired of thumb-up notifications so I turned them off (wgaf iykwim aityd). And while it's nice not to be blasted about the stupid things constantly, it's still shown as an unread activity on the Teams icon on the task bar.

The point of turning off notifications is that I don't get distracted by the damned things. But with the light on the taskbar icon, I'm still being drawn to check if something important is happening (it's not, it's still a stupid dumb thumbs up).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. notifications

It would be nice if there was an option for "John Smith sent you a message" but the message is hidden and options like current normal notifications where it displays the actual message. It is important to be able to hide actual messages as sometimes for work I need to share screens or others may be looking at my screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After the new update, the option to 'Leave the chat' has been disabled. Please enable it again

After the new update, the option to 'Leave the chat' has been disabled. Please enable it again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. As notificações são uma merda

O aplicativo vir com a opção de ( deixar de notificar quando estiver logado no pc) por padrão, atrapalha muito. Pois muitas vezes eu tenho que deixar-me-ei pc ligado para alterar algo de casa, sendo assim, eu não sou devidamente notificado, tendo que ser alertado portuário meio, seja WhatsApp ou Facebook Messenger. A opção é boa mas não como padrão. Até descobrir isso eu perdi um monte sei formações importantes no trabalho

Outro problema é a notificação dos grupos, onde eu sou notificado apenas se mencionado. Fazendo com que eu tenha que ficar MANUALMENTE tendo que buscar informações constantes.

melhorem

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Just like in Yammer. Can you display information on how often a message has been seen?

Yammer just got an update. so you can see the amount of people that has seen a post. Often people login and don't reply or like a comment. It would be very usefull to at least know a message has been seen and you not posting for nothing.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. @mentions isn't working as expected. Even after @mentions, Badge not appear.

Please make sure @mentions work always, as I am missing lot of messages because Badge is not appear for messages, and it is really frustrating. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base