Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically update status/location (ie working from home/in office) based off location

It was nice in Skype that it would automatically update to my default status "In Office" when at my work location or to "Working from Home" when at my home location. I switch back and forth between the two locations every day so now have to type in a new status/location every morning when I log in.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Instant feedback right from the app!

I had to read a screen of text to understand that feedback should be posted from another page! Wtf? Do you need user’s feedback? Give us a simpler way to write it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alow to change the Notifications Sound for Teams

I barely hear the notifications in Teams. Allow the user to set up a noticeable tone or ring so I know that a Teams message has arrived. I get many notifications from many apps. I need to have a distinctive sound so I know that a message has arrived in Teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Turn-in History

There should be a history of the times the student turned-in and undid it.

There have been problems wherein students accidentally clicked undo turn-in. Knowing when they first turned-in a file (that they uploaded not the one posted by the teacher that they edited) can serve as proof of the real time of submission.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When someone is sharing their screen and another user raises their hand, the user sharing their screen can't see the hand being raised

When someone is sharing their screen and another user raises their hand, the user sharing their screen can't see the hand being raised.

It would be useful if a desktop notifcation appeared when a user raises their hand so the presenter can see that someone is wanting to ask a question.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Untag" Button on status change notifications

When tagging someone as "Notify when available" it would be nice to have an "untag" button on the notification that shows up.

Currently, you have to go to the main Teams interface, find the person who's still tagged for status change and then select "turn off notifications" which is a bunch of extra clicks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. notifications sounds

allow notification sounds to play out of different devices from voice chat.
    ie. voice chat use headset, but notifications can play via computer speakers.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please give choices for sounds, the default one is not good , me need more choices

We need to have other choices for notification sounds, this possible? With Skype you were able to choose a sound that you like etc....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notification placement is annoying

Mine pop up in the right bottom corner and when i'm typing and notifications keep coming in, i can't see what i'm typing and it's really annoying. I can't find a function to move the pop up to somewhere else on the screen. Please let me know if i've just missed it!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notification sound to join "Meet Now" meeting in channels

Add a sound/notification for when a "Meet Now" meeting is initiated in the teams channel. Moving between teams/channels with large groups you miss the "Join" pop up when there is a large chat thread ensued in the posts section.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hide status notifications or at least keep them closed after you close them once

these status/out of office messages that pop up even after you've closed them once should be able to be hidden or stay closed after the first time you X them out.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom notification sounds

To be able to use all tones on iOS (including custom ones) or select a wav or mp3 file as a tone if you get a notification

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Silence notifications

I would like a button to quickly and easily silence all notifications. I may be doing a virtual meeting on other platforms but the Teams app can be invasive and ignores "do not disturb" functions (either on the computer or within the app) and will sound during a presentation.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Customized notification sounds

In a crowded office, it's challenging to understand which of us is being sent an IM or other notifications. It'd be great to have the ability to customize or have a selection of notification sounds so that we know if it's for us or another colleague.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add an option as an admin to enable notifications by default for all messages in all channels or even for specific channels.

Please add an option as an admin or team owner to enable notifications by default for all messages in all channels or even for specific channels.
    So for example an announcements channel for example notifications wouldn't go missed by default.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Having the option to disable the popup notification for when someone is waiting in the lobby

In most meetings I've been a part of, this has been a really annoying problem. I'm a student, therefore, the meeting organizers are always my teachers. However, for some reason, I'm able to admit people into the meeting and sometimes mute participants. When there's someone waiting in the lobby, a pop-up notification shows up in the middle of the screen and keeps appearing even after closing it for each person that joins the lobby. This is really annoying especially when I'm trying to focus on the content being shared by the teacher. Unfortunately, there is no option to disable such…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi there, can we have a red dot on the team apps / webpage when there's an acitivty/chat in team? Thank you

Hi there,

can we have a red dot on the team apps / webpage when there's an acitivty/chat in team? Thank you

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to turn off chat alerts for meetings I am not attending

There are meetings on my calendar that I sometimes do not attend due to conflict. I would like the option to turn off chat notifications for meetings that appear on my calendar, but that I am not participating in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to move the entire Chat icon as its own window so we can see chats pop up easier

Be able to move the entire Chat icon as its own window so we can see chats pop up easier. The chat icon gets lost in the list and simply having it blink as an alert of a chat is not enough. Please make it possible to be open on its own instead of just individual chats (pop out feature for a specific chat).
    Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base