Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Notify when available" icon on user profile cards

It would like to have a "Notify when available" icon (like the chat, email, view organization, etc.) on user profile cards (in all parts of Teams) so that I can quickly toggle the setting for a user. Right now, I have to go into chat, find the person, and use the "..." menu to change the setting. The icon should know the "state" so that it is "solid" if "Notify when available" is set, or transparent if not.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sound notification

Currently, notification sound lowers volume of other sounds for a while (longer then notification sound time). It's very annoying when listening to the music. I think this feature should be configurable!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tag for Change of Status Alerts

This is easy to manage in Skype as the option to un-tag a person is available in the pop up window. In Teams you have to go back to the person in Chat to turn off the notifications. Could these pop ups be developed to include the additional functionality?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mute notification sound

Mute notification sound for a particular annoying coworker, can't use headphone since the sound is so loud..

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable notifications on second screen

Allow user to choose whether notifications will be displayed on main or other screen, regardless of where the Teams application window is open, or even if it is running in background mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notifications - More customization options, please!

Give us SEVERAL more customizable options for notifications including:

• SIZE - They are currently HUGE and get in the way of buttons in software I use all day for work. We need options such as tiny, small, medium, large, huge... and maybe even also a user-specifiable pixel height x width of our choosing. I'm most interested in having a TINY option, because on a 24" monitor, I don't need a huge-fonted pop-up with 5 words obstructing a big portion of the corner of my screen.

• OPACITY - I hate 100% opaque panels that pop up. Windows 7 Outlook email's semi-transparent…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sound notification when someone joins or leaves the meeting

It would be useful to have a sound (similar to Skype) when someone joins or leaves the meeting. Sometimes we do not realise when we lose someone from a call and have to repeat what we went through. A sound notification would alert the team that someone joined or in fact missing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. meeting popup notification like Skype for business

Please add the same meeting notification popup that is in the latest version of Skype for Business.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Do not show "'Collaborate From Anywhere Chat in real time, meet online and share files all in one place." in Outlook

When opening Outlook 2016 recently, users were greeted with the info bar and a link to download Teams. We don't use or install Teams with office and I'd appreciate it if MS stopped trying to force their app on my staff. I worked with 365 support to find the only way to prevent this was to turn off shared experiences, which also breaks functionality we do use. Please stop trying to force firms to use the tools you want and allow us to use what already works for us.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need to be able to have custom notification sounds

I saw on a different post that the Teams team is adding a more noticeable sound. But we also really need the ability to add custom sounds. That way we can put in audio that will stand out for us if possible. It would be really nice if we could set some custom notification sounds per user so that important people (our boss) we can have something that let's us know right away whom it is for those people.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Spotlight - Possibility to disable confirmation of spotlight.

It's annoying to confirm any spotlight during a video chat with many users and a fast conversation. Please make it possible to deactivate the confirmation of spotlight-changes.

The notification on the top border isn't disturbing.

Regards,
    Jan

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show if a missed call is from a group or individual

In the missed call list show something like "John Doe" for a missed call from an individual or "John Doe from Foo group/channel name".

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mute notifications from a particular person

Some people abuse teams and continuously spam people's notifications by tagging a full team. I don't want to mute all mentions of that team, but I want to mute any notification by that person.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Setting Assignments to groups using Tags

Using Tag to issue differentiated assignments to groups of members rather than issuing assignments to all members. Especially when you have a team with a large number of members.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Audio Notifications to Multiple Audio Devices

Currently, audio notifications can only go out one output device. We need to have the ability to play the audio notifications through all devices simultaneously, and allow the user to configure this setting.

For example, when a user has a headset plugged in, but isn't wearing it, call ringtone and chat notifications only play through the headset and could cause users to miss calls and chats.

Other platforms like Cisco Jabber have this ability, but it's currently missing from Teams

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to move notifications to a different monitor.

Please add the ability to choose which monitor the notifications appear on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. improve screen sharing "raise your hand"

When I screen share i cant se when they raise their hand (with the emote funktion) solution: make the screen blin yellow and notife with the personen hand

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Get email notification when meeting start in a channel

In "channel notification" there seems to be no option to get an (instant) email notification when a meeting starts. The notifieable events listed in "all activity" are "posts, replies, mentions", but it's not clear if a meeting starting it's also considered a "post". If it is, it should at least be explicitly stated.
    The user scenario when this is needed, is to know when an unscheduled meeting starts, to be able to join. Since this require a quick reaction, it would be useful if one could also opt to get an SMS/phone text notification just for this type of event.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Don't have "pop-ups" in the corner when Teams is the active window.

The pop-ups pile up and cover the chat window, ironically. If there are many people posting in the chat, I can hardly close them fast enough to keep track of the actual conversation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customizable notification sound (windows application)

Allow option to change the notification sound when the user gets a new message on windows application. That bloop ding drives me insane and every time i hear it go off i want to throw my laptop against the wall. We can change the ringtone, why not the message sound?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base