Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. change sounds

How is this site curated? I seams like there are a lot of identical and overlapping topics that don't make it clear which ones to vote for. So you have to read them all and vote for them all. Are these votes aggregated by category?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a distinctive sound nofitication at the start of a meeting, if you have not joined yet.

Add a distinctive sound nofitication at the start of a meeting, if you have not joined yet. The need to constantly multi task makes keeping one eye on the clock for the start of meetings an increasing challenge.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notification pop up's missing

Notification pop up's missing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Deliver the missed activity emails in real-time

Even if I set the Missed activity emails option as “As soon as possible”, the notification will be sent a few hours later. It doesn’t make any sense when we want to know the missed activities as soon as possible. So, I would like to ask you to improve this behavior to send email notifications by the expected time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Powiadomienia

Uruchomić wszystkie powiadomienia w wersji mobilnej!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Give owners/teachers the ability to turn OFF posting assignments and changes

Currently, any new assignment created/scheduled and ALL EDITS made to those assignments are posted to the general channel. This clogs the channel with every individual assignment instead of reserving the general channel for conversations. I would appreciate a notification going out that new assignments are now open but they DO NOT need to be posted in the actual feed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow customization of Teams voicemail notification

Previously, voicemail notification customization was done via Exchange UM. Since this is being retired in favor of a cloud voice server. I would like to suggest implementing this feature ASAP so we can have customized signature/logos in voicemail notification emails.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'd like the notification for new message on the task bar to blink - apparently it just lights up on the app icon. Easy to miss messages.

I'd like the notification for new message on the task bar to blink - apparently it just lights up on the app icon. Easy to miss messages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Suppress notifications during calls

I would rate it as very helpful if users can initiate a setting that notifications will be suppressed by default during calls. Now it is only possible to suppress them by setting Do not disturb but I prefer the same during calls.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to set the customize of Notification e-mail.

I want to be able to customize the contents of the Notification e-mail when adding a member.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notification / blink / pop-up window for new messages in "Teams" are not activate now as like Chat

Notification / blink / pop-up window for new messages in "Teams" are not activate now as like Chat. Unable to know that there is a message in "Teams" by someone in the group until we open the Teams tab and look at the messages under respective group.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop Ringing when on a call

Make the Ringing stop when using a headset and on an existing call. The phone rings in your ear and you cant hear the person talking on the line due to the ringing in your ear.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. notifications

Notifications aren't loud or flashy enough

I feel that the notifications should flash when you get a chat or be louder.

They're not loud enough and I work in a collaborative team environment and find that the banner pop ups and sound aren't great.

If the application flashed or showed notifications more prominently I feel it would be better.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Batch set up notifications in Teams and Channels

Allow a Team administrator to have a master setting that allows all notifications to be set to default turned on or off across all the channels in the teams - rather than setting up individually by each channel. This could still be an option, but for users using Teams with multiple channels and wanting notifications for each channel (I'm a teacher and I'm using Teams for students to submit assignments, and then to give feedback on the assignments), it would be useful to be able to have one master button that says all channels in this Team will automatically have…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Silence audio notifications while preserving pop ups

If we could seperate as a choice audio notifications from just pop ups. People tend to send multiple messages back to back, and when on calls, it's ok for pop ups to come in - but the sound cascade over and over can't be muted without muting the app at the system level. The downside with that, is that I wouldn't be able to use Teams for calls.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Custom notification sounds

To be able to use all tones on iOS (including custom ones) or select a wav or mp3 file as a tone if you get a notification

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mac Teams notifications

I have disabled all notifications except for threads I started or interacted with or if someone @ pings me. But I am constantly bombarded with red +1 in the mac task manager, I find it hard to work seeing these all the time. Every time someone writes any message in our group chat I get notified, not by sound but seing this +1 on the App.

Please, please, please, please fix :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to set Notification Settings for All Channels in a Team

Instead of having to go into each individual channel to turn on the notification setting, in the team settings there should be an option on channel settings. When you go into the this there should be a list of all the channels with a toggle to turn the notifications on or off for the listed channels, and at the top of this list there should be an option to turn notifications on or off for all channels.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Is ther a notification feature?

Get a notification from Teams when you have a message waiting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve Desktop icon notifications to indicate that new chat messages have been sent.

Today, the Skype icon shows that you have new unread chat messages. I rely on this feature. I would like that indicator for new chats received via Teams. Perhaps a different indicator for each activity type.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 88 89
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base