Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Users hate that their name is bolded red if they are notified in a conversation.

On the client side, if user has a notification for them in a conversation, their name shows up in red. They THINK that the person who notified them did it. I've had 2 users get upset thinking someone was mad at them or trying to call them out specially in a conversation. Needs to be a different color.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Want to inform system administrators when we shared files to external users

I would request a notification feature for Microsoft Teams to send alerts or e-mails to system administrators if we shared files to external users (guest users).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Request to show a notification banner in the notification area on Internet Explorer 11

When using Microsoft Teams on Internet Explorer 11 and even though I set Banner enabled for Notifications, notifications won’t be shown if the browser is minimized. I would request a workaround solution instead of using other browsers or using a desktop client etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better desktop and mobile notifications of chats from important contacts. Particularly my direct manager. And any VPs in my function.

When my manager sends me a Teams chat, I want a much more visual and auditory notifications of the chat. I also want the ability to give other VPs and important team members custom notifications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Toast Notifications on Locked Sceen

Is it possible to get Notifications about incomming calls on locked screen? This is a scenario for customers, which only use softphones with headphones.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. webcam

Please make it so that clicking the notification for a call (not the buttons) does NOT answer the call and turn your webcam on. There is a button that does exactly that - one I elected not to click. When you have a popup with 3 options, clicking on the popup itself should NOT CHOOSE ONE FOR YOU.

Use your imagination if you don't understand why this is an issue.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please specify the character code in the subject line of the mail.

Please specify the character code in the subject line of the mail.
    Character code is not specified in the subject code of the mail sent from "team".
    Garbled characters will occur depending on the mail application.
    Please specify "UTF-8" for subject.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Caller notification on Windows 10 lock screen

This is similar to other posts about notifications, but I didn't see this specific scenario. We have people who are working in their office either alone or with other people, but aren't using their computer. The computer is locked. When a call comes in from Teams, they want to see who is calling displayed on the lock screen to determine if they need to answer.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notifications didn’t show when my phone was screen of

Notifications didn’t show when my phone was screen of

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed

It'd be nice if unread updates to a channel or direct chat would result in a persistent banner that would stay on screen until I read the message or dismissed the notification.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unite notifications from multiple applications

I don’t think it’s necessary that I receive duplicated notifications from different type of Teams apps that I’m using; Teams desktop app and web app. I’m using Windows OS and receiving messages from both apps, so I would like you to unite those two types of notification messages into one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Following a channel doesn't zero in on exactly what's new in a channel

It's great that a channel will bold and/or you can get audio notifications, but it would be nice if the specific tab in a channel would have a badge icon indicating that's specifically where a new update occurred. For example, if someone added a file to the Files tab in a channel, set up a badge notification on the File tab so that I can immediately know what changed in that channel. Otherwise, I may have to click on each tab hunting for the update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notifications needs a lot of Love

Teams notifications of new chat messages is unpredictable. We just tested it and one message only notified via watch (not phone, tablet or computer). The next message from the same user to the same user notified via tablet and phone, but not computer or watch.

In addition, being able to customize the notifications on each device would be greatly appreciated. Being able to choose audible only/visual only/flash only or any combination of the three types of notification for each device would be extremely helpful.

And lastly, having further control over mute, such as muting individuals (implemented)/app-wide muting everyone with a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notifications are very inconsistent on android

When I get a new message, whether or not I get a notification for that on my phone feels like a complete coin toss. This has been a huge problem for me, as I've often missed notifications for important messages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A notification mail with the instruction on postponing migration from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams

It would be great that a notification mail includes the instruction on setting change through Microsoft Teams admin center when moving from SfB to Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)