Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the push notifications

I don't receive any notifications for any chat or channel messages on the Android app.

Please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Planner: When I add a comment to a task, I would like the person assign to this task to be notified

Planner: When I add a comment to a task, I would like the person assign to this task to be notified

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Problems

I don't know what changes were made to the app, but I no longer receive notifications on the mobile app (my phone). This creates a huge problem when my boss sends me messages and I don't respond because I have no idea there is a new message. I have checked ALL of my notification settings, and everything is enabled. If and when I open Teams, I can see the new messages, but I never receive a notification. Please advise how to fix because Teams is causing huge communication issues.

Matthew W.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Send Email for missed chat

In Skype even when skype is active if I do not interact with a chat window I receive an email after ~15 minutes to remind me of a missed conversation. Teams should behave the same way and send a notification when I miss a conversation.

Toast notices are not sufficient in this case as I may not be able to immediately react to an incoming message.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In task notification and assigment enhancements

It would be useful when somebody writes a comment in a task that Teams will inform of the notification by Teams (not just an email) to the users that have those tasks assigned. It would also be interesting that when you write a list, you can assing each of the ítems to someone using the @ getting a notification just like in any other part of teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 팀별, 채널별 알람 소리를 다르게 구분해주세요!

현재는 멘션, 좋아요,제안 등등으로 소리로만 구분되는 것으로 알고 있습니다.

팀즈로 많은 대화를 하다보니 시스템 모니터링, 장애 중요 알람을 놓치는 경우가 있습니다. 이럴 때 소리나 진동으로 구분하기 힘든 경우 많습니다.
    크리티컬한 알람을 구분되게 팀별이나, 채널별 알람을 다르게 설정
    가능했으면 합니다. 더 나가서는 인지 가능할 때까지 지속적인 알람, 팀즈를 통한 유선 전화 통화 기능으로 까지 알람을 주면 좋겠습니다.

그리고 멘션이 되었다면 진동,방해모드로 되었을 시에도 못 받는 경우가 있습니다. 사용자 설정에 방해 금지 모드나 진동 시에 사용자가 선택 했을 경우 무시하고 소리로 알림도 가능하게 해주세요.

감사합니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. notification badges on iphone

Notification badges not appearing on iPhone x

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. alert when someone becomes online or offline

Alert when someone becomes online ( or offline usefull for managers :)

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hi. We need a more "in your face" notification that a message has been sent in teams. adding a little red number to the comment in teams

We need a more "in your face" notification that a message has been sent in teams. adding a little red number to the comment in teams only works if you have teams open...adding a littl red number to the teams icon in the tray area only works if you have the tray open or aren't hiding it in some way. Having a box appear for a few moments only works if someone is looking at their screen when the notification arrives. Maybe have the notification stay onscreen until clicked, or have it reappear every now and then

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Public-facing information for settings in Microsoft Teams admin center

As we are planning to migrate to Microsoft Teams from Skype for Business, I need detailed description for each setting in Microsoft Teams admin center to compare which settings are linked with the setting Skype for Business admin center.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notificaciones please!!!

Me gusta la suit, pero no tiene notificaciones al momento de llegar mensajes o actividades, hay mensajes que no se hace seguimiento, por falta de la notificación o se pierden por que recuerden que estamos trabajando en grupo. Al ser una suit para empresas entonces es lo principal.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop showing short message in notification

This is a request to make Teams stop showing a preview of the message in the notifications. I wanted to have the option to show only "You have a new message in Teams". Not showing from whom or any preview.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mark all Channels as Read

It would be great if we can please have the ability to mark all Channels in a Team as read.

At present, if you go to a Team, and you have 30, 40 or more than 50 channels, you will see that all the channels are bolded. This indicates you have not read the content.

So at the Team level, and even the Channel level, it would be great if you can right-click, and select “Mark all as Read”

This would be especially helpful when you are added to a Team that has many Channels. When I am added to…

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. silent incoming call

Ability to Silent incoming call just like in SFB

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Chat notifications in Chat, not Activity

When someone likes a message on Chat, the notification appears on Activity, so you have to click to a different screen to see it. Would like notifications about any activity in Chat show up in Chat

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. see who has read what...

Allow for an option to see who has read conversations/ files etc.. next to them, for knowledge and accountability purposes. Even if it is just in a sub-menu. Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to sync do not disturb status to Outlook meeting

Hi, I am in client-facing role, and it is awful when banners keep popping out on presentation. Currently, Teams sync to my outlook meeting with Busy status.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Granular notification settings

Allow for more granular notification settings
    Give users the option to select how to be notified for different events. Get email or persistent notifications if you're mentioned in a specific team or if someone sends you a message through chat or mute specific notifications from certain channels.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow more notifications with texts. Don’t have texts & calls dropped d/t “searching for network”, have better reception during phone calls

To continue- don’t have a 6 second delay for the caller & receiver to hear each other & don’t ask how or if I am liking this app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base