Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bildirimleri bulmak için uğraşmak

Gerekiyor. Tek tek sohbetlere girip yeni mesaj var mı yok mu kontrol etmek pratik değil..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AndroidApp: Notification unreliable

Often there are new messages in multiple Chats oder Groupchats but no (push-up-)notifications.
    Same problem with notifications in Channels.

The following-option for the channels doesn't work sometimes. I click it, but after reload, the option seems not to have been saved.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications when a member leaves a team

When one user adds/removes another user to team, we could see a notification within the General Channel. However, when a user or owner joins/leaves a team himself, there is no such notification.
    Feature request: Alert/warning message should be displayed on. Owners should be alerted by email if any of the member leave the TEAMS.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please, for the love of all that is green, make the pop-up notifications DISMISSIBLE

The pop-up notifications stay for what seems like an eternity. You cannot configure where they pop-up, and you cannot dismiss them. You can only click on them. This is easily the most annoying thing about Teams, anyone who says anything different is wrong or crazy.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Themes: Dark

I have Teams themes setup as "Dark" I went aorund the office and some of my team member have the same setup and the issues I have are similar as theirs.
    We are missing notification since "names" and Lettering turns bold but they are white. Contrast is not great and we are missing multiple messages if we are not "TAGGED"
    I would like to see a much better contrast. I know "red" or "Purple" are offensive to people but maybe that is what works.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Better availibility indicator

the availability indicator should look for availability across all of windows instead of just teams being active. you should be able to receive notification of someone's availability when they enter a new state.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Office 365 Groups for Channels

Within teams we can do more and more things at the Channel level. However in Office 365 only Groups are available as mailing lists. I think Channels should be exposed in Office 365 Groups as well - anyone who has favorited it should be in the Office 365 Group.

We want to use the Office 365 groups as mailing lists - but to do so would currently require us to take what are existing Channels and make them full on groups just to do this. Not only is it a pain, but it would be extremely messy compared to what…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dismissing a notification should not focus the main window

in Teams for Mac at least, clicking the close affordance on a notification will dismiss the notification, but it focuses the main window and brings it to the foreground, which defeats the purpose of dismissing the notification.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Important Message Notification

Currently, there does not seem to be any notification on any platform when a message in a Team/Channel is marked Important. Please put an option to be notified for important messages, even if you aren't actually mentioned in the post.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review by the feature team. I hope to have a decision soon to share with you.

-Warren

10. In group chat: I Can't see who that read the messg

In group chat I Can't see who that read the messg

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable notifications for Incoming Webhook messages

Whether I follow a channel explicitly or not, no banner notifications or message count indicators show for messages from Incoming Webhooks.

There is a StackOverflow question for this as well: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43764022/how-do-you-get-notifications-from-a-webhook-connector-posting

Thank you!

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notifications from Planner, how to enable in teams plans?

Just recieved the notification that the Planner team had enabled a notification function. I am curious how to enable notifications for plans created from within Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. VSTS Connector - Convert UTC to Teams Time in Updates

After setting up a Connector to show completed builds, it will shows the start/end times in UTC. The times are really only useful if I care about elapsed time unless I want to do some mental math to figure out what the actual build time was. Either convert it or maybe just show elapsed time instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications Need to Work for Teams to be Productive

I just started trying to use Teams, both on my laptop and my Android (Samsung Galaxy S7), have my notifications set and I'm not receiving ANY notifications whatsoever when my team posts to a channel or sends me a message directly using @. If notifications don't work using Teams is not productive and not effective.

Please work to address this. Thank you.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PopUP needed

There should be a popup whenever someone is typing in the chatroom, the popup should come on the desktop (any corner) with the name of the person and the message ( not full message but a gist of it ). this is very serious drawback of this app, other wise this is good.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need a feature to stop alerts/notifications from spefific created groups. Just like .\alerts off in Skype

Need a feature to stop alerts/notifications from spefific created groups. Just like .\alerts off in Skype

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ringtones

An option for Ringtones for the desktop version would be helpful. I often have many applications running on my computer and without a ringtone to get my attention, I often miss messages because I don't see the small banner in the bottom corner of my screen.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please stop sending such bad notifications on the MAC, please us the regular notification format that can quickly be swiped away to ignore.

The current notification interface is awful, please fix it. Reasons like this are why I prefer Slack and Flowdock over Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. banner notification in teams client in Windows desktop only works for "owners"

It seems banner notifications only work for user's set to "owner" permissions. User's set to "Member" do not see the Toast popups. I tested this a few times and was able to fix for each user by changing them to "Owner" permissions. Is this a known bug?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Too many notifications

I don't like how this app gives me a new notification icon for each new conversation in a teams chat. This needs to learn how to consolidate or stack notifications of a new conversation in single icon. My team had an extensive conversation last night and my phone was unresponsive due to the excessive number of icons in the notification bar.. This is unacceptable.

I have an Android VS986.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base