Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option to "customize" what your activity feed displays

Be able to customize your activity feed.. With options like any update to a team to be shared in the activity feed within an organization. I know the team will be bolded - but it would be nice to see the little red notification icon every time something new is posted. It would encourage our employees to check it more often.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Benachrichtigungen

Wenn ich einem Kanal folge, dann sollte jede Nachricht auf JEDEM Gerät als Benachrichtigung angezeigt werden. Es wäre in Ordnung, wenn Teams das aktuell aktive feststellen kann und die Nachrichten auf den anderen Geräten kurz verzögert, jedoch ist es nervig, dass ohne die Referenz auf den Kanal keine Benachrichtigung auftaucht und wenn benachrichtigt diese auf allen Geräten auftaucht.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send email alert when receive messages from Teams even in Do Not Disturb Mode

Some of the users will turn Do Not Disturb mode and close the Microsoft Teams, they may forget to open and check the Microsoft Teams message, so we hope can have a global setting to enable send email alert even in Do Not Disturb Mode to remind check message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would suggest enabling a ticker notification for channels. Those that struggle with eye sight may have trouble seeing the bold font.

I would suggest enabling a ticker notification for channels. Those that struggle with eye sight may have trouble seeing the bold font.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Save notification settings to local device only

I use Teams on my desk PC and many other boardroom PCs when in a group session. I require my notification settings to be different on the different devices, rather than me changing the settings on each one all the time because the settings are currently saved to my profile. I usually don't want other colleagues in the boardrooms reading banner notifications that I like to see on my desk PC!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. please, don't show windows notifications, if teams is opened/not hidden in tray, but window is not active

please, don't show windows notifications, if teams is opened/not hidden in tray, but window is not active

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have notification settings in Teams itself

Can notifications settings be adjusted within Teams, rather than requiring us to go to another place, like Sharepoint?

Some have suggested "Flow" for managing notification settings. I find it highly inconvenient that Flow is not just a function, but a separate app of its own.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Deleted conversation entries are still shown under Activity

My college replied to a team conversation which mentioned me in the text and deleted the reply again shortly after.

When I opened MS teams later I got a notification under Activity. Clicking this activity opened the according conversation but of course marked nothing.

--> Very confusing, as I had to talk to my college to figure out, that she deleted the reply and the Activity notification is just not deleted accordingly.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mute Options

can we set "mute" or make the notification silent when the team status is "busy" and "do not disturb". we get distracted whenever someone leaves messages during presentations and everyone gets to read it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Silence notifications for selected team

I am a member of several teams but I only want notifications for my main/home team. Should be able to silence notifications on a per team basis. Per channel for that matter. Do it like Facebook. On any notification you receive, long press and choose "stop receiving notifications for this team/channel/conversation/person"... etc.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't remove or in follow General

Why is general special? It should have the least priority, but seems to have the most when it comes to follow and notification settings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Broken notifications

Notifications stood broken for several days. When I open this to feedback they suddenly came back to live. Seems unstable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Push notification pushes chat up a bit

Push notification (for example "Call controls on headsets and...") sometimes pushes chat up a bit. So chat has to be scrolled back down for right view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notify counter at team level

I'd love to see the number of notifications (or at least the fact that there are new messages in a team's channel) at the team level rather too. This would allow me collapse all teams and see if there are new messages from a single glimpse, rather than having to constantly scroll through the list of teams and channels.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More Consistent Notifications

Notifications are extremely unreliable, especially in the mobile app. This is especially concerning because an instant messaging software's primary function is to send and receive messages instantaneously, which is rendered moot if the user doesn't receive a notification of said message.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Don't alert users that they can still use Teams when opening a document in Word to edit

When choosing to edit a document in Word, a pop-up notification appears that says Teams is opening up a word document, and that users can still use Teams. I would suggest having that appear for a brief 5 seconds, and then disappears. Having to click 'OK' or exiting the notification is a needless step.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification on Team icon

I would suggest, if possible, to add notifications on the Team icon on the task bar so we know if there's someone message me. Sometimes, I message my team but they haven't response because there's no notification and even to me, I didn't notice someone message me already. Thanks

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Complete Do Not Disturb/Notification Muting (toggle to prevent all notifications)

It would be nice to have a toggle to mute ALL incoming requests and notifications from Microsoft Teams.
    One excellent use case is for giving presentations. You may need Teams resources for the presentation, but it would be inappropriate to have incoming calls, chats, etc. while you are giving the presentation.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move the notifications to another area or another screen

The notifications keep popping up in an area of my screen that I use on a constant basis. The notifications are on top of everything, so I have to mute channels, close the notification, or just turn them off completely.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base