Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When running e.g. Skype meeting and having portal.office.com open there are sound notifications for every email being received

When running e.g. Skype meeting and having portal.office.com open there are sound notifications for every email being received, something that can be very annoying.

It's possible for each user to turn this off, but we want to be able to turn this off in our organisation by default.

These settings are available in GUI through Office 365 Settings > Notifications > Reminder Sound & New Mail Sound.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to cross post to the "general Channel" with a simple mention vs format change

if you are posting a new conversation in one channel, and want it to also show in the "general channel" so no one misses it as they are reviewing a day's work, you should be able to mark something in the conversation or reply to have the comment show in multiple channels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a "Mark as Read" button to the pop up Banner

In the current Pop-up Banner, add a button to mark it as read, like in Outlook. This is especially useful for short notes, like OK or Thanks, or for the like you get on a chat. I just don't think I need to go into the app to clear my notifications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove multiple notifications when someone is out of office. This is maddening and completely unnecessary.

Currently, the out of office setting from Outlook is triggering an out of office pop up EVERY SINGLE TIME we go back into a chat in EVERY SINGLE CHAT that the person who is out of office is in. This is maddening and very distracting. We had a person on medical leave for a month and and single day, multiple times a day, we had to close out the pop up stating that he was out of office. Please provide an option to either only show one time or turn off completely in Teams since we already get the reply…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Auto Do Not Disturb during meetings

Currently, Teams automatically changes your status during an Outlook scheduled meeting to "Busy." Can you make it an option to have it automatically change to "Do Not Disturb"? I often take my laptop to in-person meetings and keep getting distracted with banner messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unified notification settings center and additional options

Hi,
    It would be great if there was a type of notification settings center on team from were you could control :
    - the general notifications (currently present in the settings)
    - the notifications on a team/channel base (maybe a drop down menu)
    - notifications on mobile

Also it would be great if there was an option to receive notifications (or not) for only when you receive a reply to a conversation that you replied in

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Email Notifications Settings in Android App

I would like Microsoft to add an option in the Microsoft Teams app settings to customise and change your email notification preferences.

Microsoft Teams sends you email notifications by default seemingly, however if you are using an Android device there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off or unsubscribe from these emails.

In the footer of the emails Microsoft Teams sends, it says to unsubscribe in the Microsoft Teams app under Settings > Notifications, however there is no option there to unsubscribe on Android devices.

I would urge Microsoft to add this option in as a priority, As…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notification profiles tied to availability status

As a Teams user, I would like to be able to create notification settings that are tied to my availability status so that when I change status I get the notifications most meaningful for that status. For example, if I am in the office and at my desk, I want to see all notifications for all channels. If I am out of office and away from my desk, I only want to see notifications for specific channels that may be of an urgent nature, but I don't want to see notifications for normal business channels. This will ensure that the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. About email notifications

Teams should publish information about the conditions notified by email.
    We want you to guide the details on the site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow custom alert tones and let us control the volume

I don’t understand why this feature isn’t available to allow people to choose their own notification tones and adjust the volume. We use Teams for our Corp collaboration tool and when people reach out via chat I never see or hear the notification

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update available application list in some blogs

Regarding with the following Japanese articles which introduce the available applications for Teams, I would strongly request you to update them with the latest information periodically. Furthermore, I suggest that information should be published as Docs article instead of Blog posts. I appreciate you would provide this kind of information in the appropriate page.

Title : Microsoft Teams にて利用できるアプリ一覧(ファーストパーティ製)
    URL : https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/teamsjp/2018/09/14/microsoft-teams-applist-1/
    Title : Microsoft Teams にて利用できるアプリ一覧(サードパーティ製)
    URL : https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/teamsjp/2018/10/01/microsoft-teams-app-third-1/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. On iOS, vibrate on notifs even if notification sound is None

Currently push notifications can vibrate if a notification sound is selected. If you select none as notification sound, it doesnt vibrate

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Microsoft Teams download banner / popup needs to be removed

When a user in the Office 365 environment wants to use the web version http://teams.microsoft.com, a popup message is visible at the upper area with a prompt to install the client version:
    “Want an even faster, more collaborative experience? Download the desktop app.” By several given security compliance requirements in big IT environments, the users shouldn’t be able to install any additional software at their PCs. This popup is confusing the web-only Teams user and also it makes the software deployment team nervous.

226 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  44 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams email notifications not showing full/correct Display Name and formatting

Teams email notifications should have more options to configure, or show the whole Display Name in email notifications for users that are trying to reach you by default, rather than just their First Name.

There can be multiple common first names in the company, and others that have both 2 first names with no hyphens - Lisa Marie Smith, or 2 last names with no hyphens - Lisa Smith Thomas.

In these cases you receive email notifications such as 'Lisa mentioned you Company Team' and you won't have any indication on which Lisa this is, and in the case of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show me which channels I'm not getting notifications for

I missed some important notifications today because they were off by default. It would be helpful to see a little icon next to each channel in the sidebar showing whether I receive alerts (email or banner) for it. For example, the icon could be a gold notification bell or a grey one with a slash through it.

This way, I can quickly tell if I'm not going to get notified about posts in an important channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set notifications for many channels at once

I would like a way to easily set my notification preferences for more than one channel at a time. Currently, if I have 50 channels and want notifications for 20 of them, I have to dig into the sidebar and set my notification preferences for every single one. A dialog where I can view all channels and set my preferences by selecting checkboxes would solve this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed It'd be nice if unread updates to a

Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed
    It'd be nice if unread updates to a channel or direct chat would result in a persistent banner that would stay on screen until I read the message or dismissed the notification.

(This suggestion proposed by Erik has been UNDER REVIEW for 2 years now - 87 votes. A similar suggestion has been UNDER REVIEW for 16 months - 1990 votes. -- Lets get this REVIEW completed and decide one way or the other if it is to be implemented.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification consolidation and audio customization.

Audio that is audible, and notifications that dont pile up on the side of my monitor. come on microsoft.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to see timestamp of a reaction to a post or comment.

Saw notification that someone had commented in a conversation but there were no obvious comments. Looked like maybe it was for a thumbs up on my comment but there was no way to see the timestamp of that thumbs up that I could see (tried mousing over).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Verify and set the notification setting for multiple channels altogether in the Teams app

I would request a feature to verify and set the notification setting for multiple channels altogether in the Teams app, because we need to verify the setting for channels one-by-one at the moment and it’s going to be a hard work for admins when the channels get increased to a large number. So, it would be very convenient if we could check and set notification setting for multiple channels at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base