Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have sound for incoming calls only

Teams is barely usable for me due to the very limited sound options - particularly only being able to have 'All' (which is far too distracting as you get a beep for every chat message), or 'Call, mention and chat' (seems to be same as All except if banners are turned off) or 'Off'.

I cannot have popup banners as they are far too distracting, disabling these also seems to stop 'call mention and chat' working though.

Can we have a 'Calls' section in the notifications options so we can hear a sound for incoming calls but disable sound for…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification Setting - Disable Reply Notifications

It would be really nice to be able to disable all reply notifications. That way you could still FOLLOW a channel and get notifications for Only New conversations, and not all the replies. This would function a lot like Slack Threads, and help limit needless notifications. Like if someone says in the General Channel, "Is there anyone available to come help me in the loading dock" and 4 people reply, I'd like to get notified about the first message, not all the replies! Thanks

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notification aren't visible

I think the notification on the left side menu isn't very visible. I'd like to see a color on the new notification instead of highlighted font.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show some blink in icon any message's are came to group

If anyone message in teams. After opening it or one to one conversation only I am able to know. If it blinks when message came to it. I even better like it.

Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Do not send emails for missing messages

Please don’t send me an email when I’m missing a message for less than an hour. People don’t like receiving too many emails. It’s annoying

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Working Hour Notifications

A way to set your 'working hours' in your profile settings to only receive notifications within that time-frame. This way, we can leave work and switch off without continuing to get notifications on our phones.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. android

This request concerns push notifications for Android Mobile phones in China.

Microsoft has a good relationship with China and its message and communication platforms are not blocked, but if our employees use Microsoft Teams on Android in China they are out of luck.

All of Android's and Google Services are blocked and so are push notifications which are of a great importance to mobile devices for their battery life.

Luckily Baidu has a widely availble system in place and a Android appstore. Microsoft Teams is all ready available on Baidu Android appstore (and Tecent's 360.cn or qq,com), but the push…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disable banners (notifications) out of the box, and ability for corporate wide disabling

By default the notification banners should be disabled out of the box, and then users can change their banner subscriptions. Also there should be a corporate wide setting to push this disable banners to all users.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Desktop Notifications

At this moment in time, I cannot see when someone posts something into a team..

adding in a desktop notification to say when someone has posted in a team without mentioning you would be good!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A banner should stay up till closed

I multiple large monitors. I am don't watch for banner so I always miss them. A banner should stay open till closed.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More robust Desktop Notification settings

For Desktop Notifications:

• Allow close Notification ("X" in the top right)

• Allow a notification setting for ONLY showing the "Sender" rather than the "Sender" AND the "Message Text". (similar to iOS message where you see a person texted you but you don't see the message until you unlock the phone and read it)

• Customize the automatic close timing (right now it defaults to 10-15 seconds for message notifications, would like to shorten to 3-5 seconds)

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Editting a Message and a Notification

Earlier today I posted a message too early, so I went back to edit it and add tags to people. When I did, they did not receive notifications because I tagged them while I was editing. I need them to get the notification regardless if I tag them in the original post or in the edited version.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Soft notification for channels you don't follow

Can we get some form of soft (non-push) notifications like only in the Activity centre, but not a push notification for any message in any favourite channel that I am not following. Currently I am completely missing a lot of messages in channels that I have as favourites, but do not follow. Slack has a red icon or blue icon for followed or only favourite messages respectively.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Badge feature on other tab similar to chat

On the chat tab, there is a feature to show unread notifications, the same feature could have been made available on teams, meetings etc where the number of new items since last visit to the tab are shown.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New response indicator

There is no indication other than the banner notification that you have new responses to a team or individual chat with someone. It's very easy to miss if someone responded to a chat. For example in Skype for Business, the chat window would flash and show yellow and highlight the name of the person that responded or sent you a message and it stays there until you read it. Teams has no such thing so it's very hard to know when someone responds to a chat. Please improve this.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better notifications. Highlight team name if channel has new message. Don't hide channels i.e. 3 more channels

Better notifications if there are messages within a channel you are part of. Shouldn't have to be mentioned in a message to be notified. You are in the team as you are involved even as an outer level interested person so its expected to keep informed of conversations.

Highlight the Team name with how many new messages are within the channels.

Ability to expand all team and channels down in one view rather than expand off to the side. This should be available as a default setting. When you are a member of 40+ channels, you need the ability to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow users to limit app icon badge count to only direct or tagged messages

As it is, anytime any user posts in one of my followed channels, the app badge icon (OS X) increments. This is a lot of noise and so I ignore the badge.

It would be great if the badge only counted unread messages more likely to pertain to me (direct messages, messages where I'm tagged, replies to my messages).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. more channels bold

If there are more than 5 channels then the 6th and additional channels are listed via the cascaded list which appears when one clicks on the "X more channels" link.

If any of the 6th or remaining channel has new content, it will appear in bold within the cascaded list.

However, one will not know about this bold text indication until one clicks on the "X more channels" link.

Suggestion: Please make the "X more channels" bold if any of the additional channel has new content.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Control notification when Add members

Team's administrators sometime would like to avoid the automatic built-in email welcome message sent to a new member when he/she's being added to a Team but sent a custom message in a later time explaining the new members the whole contact of the new team they've been invited to. Option to uncheck email notification (similar to what SharePoint provides is very needed to address this scenario.
    In addition, the timing of sending this email welcome message should be changed to after all members at this cycle are being added so admin can regret and remove from the list potential members…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I don't get push notifications no mather what i do

I do not get push notifications no mather wat i do with the settings. I miss a lot of topics and apointments because of this and it's really anoying.
    Please could you do something about this?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base