Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications on Announcements

An announcement in a channel doesn't notify the channel members unless you @Mention them. This should surely be automatic when an announcement is posted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Flashing Task Bar Button for Notifications

Personnally, when a new chat message came in, I don't see the small red round number increased easily. I need something to catch my attention more strongly. Banner or email is not enough for me and some collegues.

What if we can have the task bar button get flashing has it was working on Lync in 2010's approx? This was pretty cool to catch the attention of the user's eye quiclky about something new in a chat...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Clear All Activities

There should be an opportunity to clear all activity notifications with one button rather than clicking through all activities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. notifications

I am unable to get any pop-up notifications on my phone from the Teams app. I have checked the following settings: On the app:
    Menu/Settings/Notifications:

Send Notifications - "Always, even if active on desktop"

Push Notifications - All selected

Sound - set on with vibrate

On the phone:

Settings/Notifications:

Teams set to notify

Advanced:

Allow Notifications selected

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to temporarily turn off notifications "silent mode"

You need to be able to temporarily turn off the notification sound or turn off the notification banner when you do not want to show the notification, such as during a meeting.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. IMPROVE NOTIFICATION SOUNDS!!!!! Skype was better, hands down. Dings for new message AND for when a party is actually typing a msg to you!

Add SOUND when a new message arrives EVERY SINGLE TIME, like Skype did. ALSO, Skype had a sound that indicated someone was typing a message to you as well. WE NEED THESE SOUNDS!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There should be an option to hide the notification of chat , that pops up on the screen. It should really be customizable.

There should be an option to hide the notification of chat , that pops up on the screen. It should really be customizable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Channel or Team Notifications

Teams does not provide any notification when someone posts to a Team channel. We have people not realising that someone's said something in a channel because people expect to have a notification that this happens. No one constantly checks Teams to see if there has been any activity.

Could there be a banner notification at least on a "per-Team" basis telling us someone has posted something to one of our channels?

At a minimum, some kind of generic notification that activity has occurred within any one of your Teams would be useful.

369 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Guest Accounts - Notifications always out of synch

When I am part of a guest account, the notifications are always unreliable. It will show new notification when there is nothing new and it won't show notification for multiple hours when there are new messages.

This has never been an issue on Slack, but this crucial aspect is completely broken on Microsoft Teams, making it inadvisable to use Guest access. we have to tell users: Check both teams all the time. because you won`t get notifications, which goes against the whole point of having a good communication tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make Chat reaction notifications happen in the Chat area.

When someone reacts to a chat message, it would be much easier UI if the notification of that reaction appeared in the chat section.

At present a user has to click over to Activity to see that someone has reacted, taking them out of the Chat where the reaction happened.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can you please differentiate the notifications for activity versus a direct message?

I want to reply to DMs quickly, but find that many alerts are activity alerts that don’t need immediate attention or in some cases, no attention. But I find myself flipping over to Teams a lot in case it is a DM. Can you somehow make the notifications different? Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notifications using first word of displayname

Currently Teams is sending notifications towards other users when they are offline or unreachable. In those notifications the first word of the displayname is being used instead of the full Displayname or just the given (first) name. In large organisations this leads to very confusing funny situations. As an example we use as displayname the last name followed by a comma and then the first name.

So at the end you get notifications like Hi Van, Van has send you a message.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notifications: Control Blinking, Banner, Email Separately

Currently there is no way to separate banner notifications from blinking taskbar notifications from emails. I'd like to be able to control these things separately.

The banner notification is useful for me and an email would be too.

However, the blinking notifications in the task bar are a huge interruption to my workflow. To make it stop blinking i need to open teams, select the appropriate chat, and then if I don't read & deal with the message right away - there's no reminder to come back to it. I would prefer an icon or symbol that reminds me that…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I don’t want teams ask for feedback

I don’t want teams ask for feedback

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Upload personal ring tones

The current selection of ring tones is quite limited, and most are very hard to hear. Make it possible to change the ring tone, or just use the same as regular phone calls on the iPhone.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Switch off annoucement of new participants in meetings

How to switch off announcement of new participants in a meeting? It is annoying and interrupt the meeting, when a voice announce new people entering a meeting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. mute the notification from poping up from desktop

Please create a mute button or option for all desktop banner notifications for chats and alerts. They are very distracting and annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Presenter/Meeting Privacy mode

I'm leaving this under Notifications, but this is what I would like:

If you are in a meeting or presenting, there should be a setting that will hide anything sensitive from popping up or being shown. This includes:

• chat/message notifications

• chat history

• calendar

The scenario is you're running a meeting in a room with several others. You fire up Teams to start or join a meeting. Hide anything that you might not want others to see.

I would set it up so Teams would ask if you want to be in privacy mode on launch. A one-click privacy button should…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Follow up reminders in Teams Conversations

Is there a way to set a follow-up reminder to a conversation in Teams? For example, whenever I send a request via Outlook to someone, I always create set a reminder date so that I don't forget about this request. This feature is very helpful, especially, when someone is sending dozens of requests to team members every day. So, it here a way to set reminders in Teams?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Want notifications to appear when using web client

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Web アプリを利用している場合でも、バナー通知がどのファイルよりも上にでてくるように機能の拡充を希望します。
    Want notifications to appear when using web client

■Description(内容):
    会社の規定により、クライアント アプリのインストールができないため、Web アプリにて Microsoft Teams を利用しています。
    クライアントアプリの場合は他ウィンドウやファイルを起動し作業をしていても、画面上の一番上に Microsoft Teams の通知がされますが、Web アプリの場合は利用しているウィンドウ枠内に表示されるため、他ファイルの下にブラウザーが隠れていると通知の確認ができません。
    Web アプリを利用している場合でも画面のトップにバナー通知が表示されるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    Our company has a rule that prohibits the installation of the client app, so we had to use the web client version of Microsoft Teams.
    In the case of the client app Microsoft Teams will send a notification even when the user is working in other windows or files, but for the web client notifications are shown only within the window that is currently being used thus these notifications get hidden and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base