Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MUTE CHAT NOTIFICATIONS

Chat notifications and pop up comments are SO distracting during an active meeting. Please allow the option to disable or at least mute them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to see raised hands on full screen presentation mode.

Ability to see raised hands on full screen presentation mode.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notification when a person in a organization create a team

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    組織内のユーザーがチームを作成した際の通知について
    Notification when a person in a organization create a team

■Description(内容):
    ​​運用として、組織内のユーザーが自由にチームを作成できるようにしているが、管理の観点からチームが作成されたタイミングを管理者ユーザーが把握したい。
    そのため、ユーザーによりチームが作成された際に管理者ユーザーがメール等で通知を受ける機能の実装を希望します。

We allow people in the organization to create teams. But from an administrative perspective, we would like to know when the teams were created.
    Therefore, please make it so that admin users would receive notifications whenever a team was created by a user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. @mentions from word, excel, powerpoint and onenote in Teams

Today when you @mention someone in word, excel and powerpoint an email notification is being generated. I can understand in a way it is designed that way but at the same time that goes against how you (MS) is marketing Teams to be the collaboration platform and not Outlook.
    I would much rather have the notifications show up in Teams when being @mentioned from a document instead of having an email. Then you can start working right away and continue the comments within Teams. There should be, at least, an option or switch where you can choose to have the…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mute notifications from a particular person

Some people abuse teams and continuously spam people's notifications by tagging a full team. I don't want to mute all mentions of that team, but I want to mute any notification by that person.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Audio Notifications to Multiple Audio Devices

Currently, audio notifications can only go out one output device. We need to have the ability to play the audio notifications through all devices simultaneously, and allow the user to configure this setting.

For example, when a user has a headset plugged in, but isn't wearing it, call ringtone and chat notifications only play through the headset and could cause users to miss calls and chats.

Other platforms like Cisco Jabber have this ability, but it's currently missing from Teams

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable Reaction emojis in the Banner Notification

When user gets a banner notification (in the corner near the systray), they are able to type a quick reply right there in the notification window, and then it disappears. But if they just want to give a quick reaction (thumbs up, or whatever), they have to click on the notification and open the app. I'd much rather be able to just right-click on the notification itself and add my reaction emoji.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mute notification sound

Mute notification sound for a particular annoying coworker, can't use headphone since the sound is so loud..

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide option to change the notification sound

Please provide user to select the notification sound. The default notification is very smooth. Sometime it gets missed also.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Offer Diff. Sounds for each Notification Type

Allow a different sound for the various notification types; Chat / Channel / Meetings / Mentions / etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automatically update status/location (ie working from home/in office) based off location

It was nice in Skype that it would automatically update to my default status "In Office" when at my work location or to "Working from Home" when at my home location. I switch back and forth between the two locations every day so now have to type in a new status/location every morning when I log in.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When someone is sharing their screen and another user raises their hand, the user sharing their screen can't see the hand being raised

When someone is sharing their screen and another user raises their hand, the user sharing their screen can't see the hand being raised.

It would be useful if a desktop notifcation appeared when a user raises their hand so the presenter can see that someone is wanting to ask a question.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Open pop out chat from banner notification

When I get a chat notification it should include a button to open the chat as a pop-out window straight away

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide status notifications or at least keep them closed after you close them once

these status/out of office messages that pop up even after you've closed them once should be able to be hidden or stay closed after the first time you X them out.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hi there, can we have a red dot on the team apps / webpage when there's an acitivty/chat in team? Thank you

Hi there,

can we have a red dot on the team apps / webpage when there's an acitivty/chat in team? Thank you

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Team shows away when we work on other pages

Team showing the status as away when i work on other pages.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Notifications and Class Work

Dear Microsoft Teams,

Hello I hope today is a great day for anyone reading this. In my experience, there have been three big issues that need to be fixed. The first of the 3 is due dates. I know this is difficult for the team’s application, because it is hard to adjust for people on the fly when they don’t give prior notice. The best way to go about this is simply giving a different option and naming it “Work Due in Future”. All that means is if it is class work that exceeds a limit of three days, they…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow students to leave teams

As an active user of each Microsoft Office program, particularly Teams, it has come to my attention that certain aspects of the program are lacking. Improvements in certain areas will allow for an increase in user productivity and efficiency. Therefore, I have some corrections to offer a way to improve the company as a whole.

The first correction that needs to occur is students should be able to remove themselves from teams without a teacher's help. Many teachers leave their students in a class-specific team even after that class has ended for the year. Therefore, the student continues to receive…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add an option as an admin to enable notifications by default for all messages in all channels or even for specific channels.

Please add an option as an admin or team owner to enable notifications by default for all messages in all channels or even for specific channels.
    So for example an announcements channel for example notifications wouldn't go missed by default.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mark as Read on toast

I would love to be able to click a "Mark as Read" button on toasts - particularly for reactions. I often have to click a toast and go in and wait for the notification to go away for reactions, and it slows down productivity significantly.

For example, if someone likes my message, I have to go to that thread and wait for the notification to go away. If I could just click "Mark as Read", I wouldn't have to do all that.

Thank you very much!! :)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base