Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set the Notifications on both Mobile and Computer when launching Teams simultaneously.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名): Microsoft Teams での通知を PC クライアントおよびモバイル クライアントにて優先通知先を選択したい。

Set the Notifications on both Mobile and Computer when launching Teams simultaneously.
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams を PC クライアントおよびモバイル クライアントにて同時に起動した際、優先的に PC クライアント側に通知が来るため、モバイル クライアント側を優先にする設定や双方に通知を行う設定を追加してほしい。

We acknowledge that Notification will be receiving to Clients app only when Teams are launched simultaneously on a Computer and a Mobile Client.

For increased availability, it is useful if we can to set up notifications on your Mobile Client preferentially depending on the user's situation. Besides, adding the ability to see notifications on both would be great. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat Message Notification Disable Preview

It would be nice if you could set the notifications to not show a preview, especially when presenting, and not have them stack up the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can we get an option to change the ringtone

Since everyone use the same ringtone, you sometimes do not know that your phone is the one ringing

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need a Teams network flow chart when connecting via VPN

It would be great you would provide a public information with Teams network flow chart when connecting via VPN on PC and mobile devices.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need notification that stays on screen until acknowledged by user.

I would like the option for the Teams screen to maximize or a popup come up whenever a message is received, and stay there until I actually acknowledge it's receipt. Many times, messages are received, and unless you are viewing the screen at all times, the message indication has gone away, and you don't know you received one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a "Mark as Read" button to the pop up Banner

In the current Pop-up Banner, add a button to mark it as read, like in Outlook. This is especially useful for short notes, like OK or Thanks, or for the like you get on a chat. I just don't think I need to go into the app to clear my notifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Upload personal ring tones

The current selection of ring tones is quite limited, and most are very hard to hear. Make it possible to change the ring tone, or just use the same as regular phone calls on the iPhone.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Channel Notifications Should Display Message Preview

When a new message is posted to a channel under a team, the notification contains no content, just that somebody posted a message. This means in order to keep tabs on a conversation you must constantly switch to Teams to see what people are saying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. improve call history (date AND Time)

Currently, my teams has only date displayed in the call history. It is hard to see when i missed a specific call on a given date, as no time (am/pm) is added.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Urgent notification on all devices regardless of login

Urgent notifications are sweet - but I should get them on all my devices. If I walk away from my workstation and my PC client is running, I don't get an urgent notification on my phone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show a banner for new chats without showing the message of the chat

Show a banner for new chats without showing the message of the chat

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to temporarily turn off notifications "silent mode"

You need to be able to temporarily turn off the notification sound or turn off the notification banner when you do not want to show the notification, such as during a meeting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications can't work on Huawei and Xiaomi Android phones

Notfications can't be received when Teams is in the background, e.g. on Xiaomi 9 with MIUI 10.2.33. When Teams is in the foreground, notifications can be received.

All notification and application settings are switched on.

Here are all phone setting screenshots and application logs. When you reiview logs, please note there should be notifications in around every 5 mintutes from 12:00.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Do not require use of Google Services for notifications

Do not force users to have to use Google Services for notifications. There are many reasons to choose not to have these services loaded and it is quite surprising to see Microsoft require Google for it to function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Switch off annoucement of new participants in meetings

How to switch off announcement of new participants in a meeting? It is annoying and interrupt the meeting, when a voice announce new people entering a meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Debounce push notifications

At the moment every time Teams generates a notification e.g. for a private chat, a new push notification is sent to the android app. If I'm in a multi-person chat and other participants are having an active conversation, I get a new push notification EVERY TIME someone sends a message, meaning my phone can bing with push notifications every few seconds during an active chat.

All push notifications from Teams should be debounced to avoid this constant barage of attention sapping notification spam. For example, if two or three notifications have been sent in a 10-15 second period, no more…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Want to edit contents or format in notification mails from Microsoft Teams

It would be great that you could provide an edit feature for Teams notification mail because;
    1) We don’t identify staff by their first name, so we want to find staff name with their first name and sir name in notification mail body.
    2) We rarely email in English, so we want to change the language in title or some messages into our language.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Customize How Long Banner Notifications Stay Visible

The main issue my office has had since switching over is that the banner notifications disappear too quickly. Many people are missing them altogether. It would be helpful if there was a way for you to customize how long you want the banner to stay up (or even if there was just one additional option for it to stay up until dismissed).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: TEAMS does not respect focus assist settings

Focus assistant was turned on but notifications from teams (collegea chatting with me) were displayed as pop-up in the right bottom corner

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.