Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notification sound to join "Meet Now" meeting in channels

Add a sound/notification for when a "Meet Now" meeting is initiated in the teams channel. Moving between teams/channels with large groups you miss the "Join" pop up when there is a large chat thread ensued in the posts section.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification sound: Sounds need to be much louder AND we need to be able to choose from several different sounds, as we could in Slack.

Notification sound: Sounds need to be much louder AND we need to be able to choose from several different sounds, as we could in Slack.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Notify when available" is not robust enough

When you've activated "Notify when available", you receive notifications only when the become available or offline. There are no other features or options.

I would love a notification setting that informed me when someone is Away, or Busy, or Appears Away. as well as when they get back and are available once again.

Why can't there be a setting to get notified of ALL status changes? This would be VERY useful for management.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. allow checking if participants entered a meeting without physically joining a meeting

Please allow to see if the participants have joined a meeting without joining the meeting.

This feature was there and the initials of the participants appeared on the top right corner of the meeting and this feature helped EAs to check if the people have joined or not.

Now it has been disabled. Can you please include this again.

Thanks.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Missed calls in Microsoft Teams should trigger email to Outlook

I have checked with Microsoft Premier Support and they have confirmed that users will only get notification for missed calls in the Teams app. Email notification is only for the missed messages in Teams, and this is the expected behavior.

But I found it strange why only calls are being excluded from email notification? Isn’t calls more important than message as people can always send email as alternative to chat?

Furthermore, Team’s setting is called “Missed activity emails”, which the missed calls fall under, this is very confusing to users.

Please include missed calls in email notification!

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Close chat banner notification once chat window is active

When chat notifications are set to banner, the banner remains for a specific amount of time, regardless of whether the chat window becomes active. If the chat window becomes active after a banner notification is issued, that banner notification should immediately disappear. The user is actively interacting with the new message - no need for the banner to remain. Especially with pop-out chats, the banner is disruptive.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. change sounds

We have many chat teams at work. Some are just general info but some are really important high priority. There is only one sound currently and no way for me to know if a new message is from the high priority team group or not. Can you please make the following available:

• Custom sounds (Can be built into software)

• The ability to set different team chats to their own sound

• The ability to add @mentions directed at me with a unique sound

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Viewing of posts

It would be beneficial to see what team members have viewed the post within that team. Even if it is a hover over feature would be beneficial.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add an option as an admin to enable notifications by default for all messages in all channels or even for specific channels.

Please add an option as an admin or team owner to enable notifications by default for all messages in all channels or even for specific channels.
    So for example an announcements channel for example notifications wouldn't go missed by default.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automatic DND when presenting

Automatically set status to Do Not Disturb/DND when presenting or sharing screen like on Skype. It's very inconvenient when banners for personal chat notifications come up during meetings, sometimes the content is not to be shared with others. If not that then allow for the option to not show actual text in the banner notifications.

1,028 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Do not mark channels unread because posts receive new comments

Right now when a post in channel receives new comments, the channel is marked as unread. This makes me spend more time when checking what's new because lot's of time I open "unread" channel and there are no new posts, just comments.
    If I were interested in comments for the post, I could follow it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Admin control on sending notifications to the team owner

I would like you to implement a feature for admins to control sending notifications to the team owner when sharing the document link with someone. This notification is for asking the owner to give an access to who are invited, but we need to block giving an access to people who don’t belong to the internal organization. I think if the admins could block the notification to be sent, we are no longer suffer from this problem any more.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Display user notification status on card

Please display other users notification status in Chat, and in the users contact card. This allows us to see if the other user will be notified (and possibly allow us to override that status if it's urgent).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Flashing Icon in task bar for unread messages

Teams icon pinned in taskbar doesn't blink orange anymore when I receive new messages. I cannot find an option to turn this. Was this removed?

983 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

189 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt)

I would strongly request you to publish the public-facing information about how to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt).

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom Global/Company/Organisation Team Tags

Make it possible to create "Team Tags" across the entire organisation. This makes it possible to set up individual user alias' (@John Smith => @Jono) as per this Post
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17001799-use-the-user-alias-instead-of-displayname-in-menti

and also department tags, for example @Accounts, as your Accounts department is likely to be the same across the entire organisation, not just Team specific

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open pop out chat from banner notification

When I get a chat notification it should include a button to open the chat as a pop-out window straight away

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make channel notifications controls pop-up on first time

It bugs me that users often miss out because they're not prompted with an easy way to set notifications - you have to go out of your way to enable it.

I just want a pop-up & single click on three choices - never mind, feed only, banner & feed - if I enter a channel for the first time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pop out windows do not get focus when clicked on notification

When you have pop-out window for a chat, and you get notification for it, the focus is moved to the main Teams window and you get moved inside the chat from wherever you were previously.

This defeats the purpose for having pop-out window during meetings as you get thrown out the full-screen view as soon as you click notification.

The focus should be transferred in the pop-out window for that notification and the main Temas window should keep its status.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Respect Do not Disturb (Urgent Messages)

We disabled the urgent message function in our company (20'000 emloyees) because the function does not respect the presence status. Our employees are used to activate do not disturb in order to really not be disturbed anymore. But the feature to flag messages as urgent would nevertheless be very cool. Give us the option to select wether urgent messages should or should not break «Do not disturb»

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base