Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quiet time when out of the office

Automatically turn on quiet times in the mobile app when my out of office is switched on.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add user ability to change MS Team Notification Sound/Ringtone

During the COVID-19 situation, most people are WFH. Since me and my siblings are not able to setup a unique notification sound for MS Teams, we're always confused which MS Team is receiving the notification.

Please help add user ability to change the default MS Team Notification Sound/Ringtone.

Thank you, Dev Team!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Service Health is not a great subject heading to use for notifications

Service "Health" is not a great subject heading to use in times of COVID-19 when many people will be using the NHS tracking apps which will notify potential real Health issues. "Status" or Service Operations Update" would be more appropriate.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Reactions to a pop-up (toast) message

Please show the Reactions bar in a message pop-up. This will allow users to reply to a pop-up message with a single click of a reaction icon. Currently, to add a reaction to a popped-up message, you have to open the full Teams desktop client to do so. I have attached a terrible mock-up. Thank you

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Alarm /Alert function in breakout rooms

For the meeting creator to have an alarm/alert function for people in breakout rooms. For example to alert them that they need to return to the main meeting room etc. At the moment the meeting creator is having to move into each room to alert them to come back to the main room.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Toast Pop Out

When a new chat notification toast pop up appears, it would be nice to have the Pop Out icon on the notification to open the chat in a new pop out window.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MUTE CHAT NOTIFICATIONS

Chat notifications and pop up comments are SO distracting during an active meeting. Please allow the option to disable or at least mute them.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. blocking people

blocking people

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Message toast click should open a popped out chat if it already exists

If I have an existing popped out chat with someone, selecting a message toast notification from them should go to that popped out chat rather than the Teams main chat window.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow meeting start notifications when in Do Not Disturb mode

Notifications are suppressed when in DnD mode, which is great. It would be great to have an option to allow meeting start notifications to come through when in DnD mode. This will allow people to concentrate on a task without interruption from Teams chats, but not miss a meeting start.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display name of speaker in "Focus mode"

When I switch to "Focus" mode I can see only name of person who drives a meeting, I cannot find name of person who speaks at the moment.
    In normal mode I can see almost all people attending meeting which is not useful because I can always display list of people with button showing participants, I don't need it all the time.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Pomodoro timer that toggles status automatically

Add a Pomodoro functionality/timer that will automatically toggle your status between 'Do Not Disturb' and 'Active'. Give a notification when the pomodoro session completes. Make the focus time period customisable.

Consider adding a new 'Focus' status instead of 'Do Not Disturb'. 'Do Not Disturb' sounds very negative and is perceived as 'Go Away!'. A 'Focus' status will be perceived as 'Just focussing on something exclusively for a bit, but leave a message and I'll get back to you shortly'.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sound notification in active conversation!

Please, how can there no be an option to enable sound on active conversation. I miss it so much from Skype and any other communicator.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Set email notifications on private channel to raise an alarm when the last owner is removed

This is most likely due to all the original owners leaving the private channel without promoting other members to replace their role. It will be good if there if an email notifications on private channel when the last owner is removed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Separate Call Notification from Mention & Chat Notification

Separate the call notification from the mention and chat notification. I don't want a notification going off every time someone chats, but I do need to hear when someone is calling me. I have missed calls from my boss due to this feature.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Want to get notifications for signed out accounts on Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams で、サインアウトしているアカウントの通知を受け取りたい。
    Want to get notifications for signed out accounts on Teams

■Description(内容):
    複数アカウントを所持している状態で、Microsoft Teams にて、サインアウトしているアカウントへのメンションを、サインインしているアカウントで通知を受ける機能の拡充を要望いたします。
    複数アカウントを使う状況があり、アカウントを切り替えないとメンションを確認できないのは不便です。

Please make it possible to get notifications for mentions of signed out accounts as a notification on the signed in account if you have several accounts at once.
    Since we use several accounts, not being able to check mentions without switching accounts is inconvenient.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notifications for starting a meeting

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    会議開催の通知機能について
    Notifications for starting a meeting

■Description(内容):
    ​​予定表から会議を作成する際に、会議単位で通知の設定が行えるよう機能拡充を要望します。

Please allow per-meeting notification settings when creating a meeting in Calendar.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Date format

Currently all dates of posts appear in US format (mm/dd/yy) which causes confusion because everywhere else my laptop displays them in UK format (which is also how most non-US people think about dates). Can the global setting not be used automatically also in Teams?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to disable Planner/"Tasks by Planner & To Do" notifications within Teams

So the new Tasks by Planner and To Do app is great. I'm sure some users love the new notifications that come with it. However where is the option to turn these off?
    Running an agile stand-up, I'm getting dozens of notifications about things I've just watched in real time and the notifications are no good to me

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom Global/Company/Organisation Team Tags

Make it possible to create "Team Tags" across the entire organisation. This makes it possible to set up individual user alias' (@John Smith => @Jono) as per this Post
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17001799-use-the-user-alias-instead-of-displayname-in-menti

and also department tags, for example @Accounts, as your Accounts department is likely to be the same across the entire organisation, not just Team specific

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base