Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop toast notifications, but keep flashing icon in taskbar for notification.

TEAMS should provide option in settings to disable the toast notifications, but keep the flashing icon in taskbar active. It's very annoying to have a notification pop up in bottom right corner of screen for every single message. Yet still useful to be notified by the flashing icon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. send an audible chime when a chat message is received

send an audible chime when a chat message is received

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No pop-up notification in Team Chat

There's no pop-up notification in Team Chat. We missed out real time response.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reactions to messages to clear when you view the conversation

When someone reacts to the message you send within a conversation, to clear the notification of that reaction you have to click on the click on the activity tab. However, I believe the reaction being "unread" should clear when you view the conversation the reaction is in. A small issue but would improve workflows

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt)

I would strongly request you to publish the public-facing information about how to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide the option to schedule a conversation post

I want to prepare a post in a conversation now so it will appear at a later (specific) date/time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add option to turn off "do you like teams" and call quality feedback.

The Teams app is constantly asking me if I "like the teams app", and full-screens a call quality feedback after most calls. This is highly annoying and distracting. I always get mad at it and say no. Not because it asked, but because it continually asks over and over again like an incessant child with histrionic personality disorder.

Please make it stop!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to Hide Global Banner/Toast Text

Recently, Teams added the user-proposed feature to hide toast notifications while you are in a Do Not Disturb status. While this is a step in the right direction, I don't find it to be enough. I should be able to hide banner/toast text at the global level, so that the notification still appears, but the message content does not. Currently, my only option is to completely disable all banners, which I don't want to do. There are plenty of use-cases for wanting to hide message content outside of a Do Not Disturb status (I forgot to set my status, paired…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. remove urgent notification feature

The new "Urgent" delivery option is a horrible feature, and is only good for annoying the recipient. Please remove it or give us the ability to turn it off. Or at least give the recipient a way to ignore it or mark it not urgent. Similar to outlook emails, just because the sender marked an email as "high priority" doesn't mean it's high priority for the recipient, and they can edit the email properties to remove the priority flag.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Out of office pop up showing up constantly for all users

Hi,

We at work are in a group chat and when someone is out of office, the little grey bar ontop of the chat box keeps showing up with the info that the person is out of office and may not respond.

You can close it but every time you re-open the chat tab it pops back up.

This happens for all users in chat (about 20 participants).

Can we disable this?

Thanks

264 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Notification Type - Sound Only

Users need to hear a notification sound when new chats come in, but do not want an email / banner coming in because they are continuously sharing screens with others and confidential information is being seen if the Teams app is running and banners are on.

Currently - Sound set to All - but if Chat is set to off, we don't get a Sound. The only way we hear a sound is if Chat is set to Banner or Banner Email.

We need an option to set Chat and other notifications to Sound Only

So options should be:

Banner …

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable/Disable Notifications for all users at Admin Level

It's frustrating having to instruct users/manually enable notifications for channels they create. More administrative features to allow admins to enable/disable features such as Notifications for all users would be really helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notification when a document has been edited

There seem to be multiple requests for this type of a notification, but I'm adding a new one so that I can be more clear than some of the other comments.

We collaborate on multiple documents. We circulate them to several people on the team. Currently, the only way we know if edits were made (by multiple people) is if we open in the desktop app and under the Review tab select the option to show markup by specific people. This is time-consuming. We'd love a notification in the Team letting us know that a document has been edited.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Turn off message preview in notification toast

Currently, when I receive a message, a preview of this message is displayed in the notification toast. As we will be using Teams at work, it would be great for privacy if I had the option to turn off these previews, so the notification toast will just say "New Message from XY"

784 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Saved Messages in Activity Feed

Currently my users get lost looking for saved messages.
    Saved messages should be in your Activity Feed.
    When you save a message it should post a notification on your activity feed and then when you are looking at your activity you can filter for saved messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sound

There is no sound notification for app so ppl miss messages.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notifications on Announcements

An announcement in a channel doesn't notify the channel members unless you @Mention them. This should surely be automatic when an announcement is posted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Flashing Task Bar Button for Notifications

Personnally, when a new chat message came in, I don't see the small red round number increased easily. I need something to catch my attention more strongly. Banner or email is not enough for me and some collegues.

What if we can have the task bar button get flashing has it was working on Lync in 2010's approx? This was pretty cool to catch the attention of the user's eye quiclky about something new in a chat...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Clear All Activities

There should be an opportunity to clear all activity notifications with one button rather than clicking through all activities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to temporarily turn off notifications "silent mode"

You need to be able to temporarily turn off the notification sound or turn off the notification banner when you do not want to show the notification, such as during a meeting.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base