Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notification Location Options

Allow us to customize the location of the notification pop up.

For instance:
    Option 1) Selection between the 4 corners of the screen.

Option 2) Allow us to "unlock" and move the pop up, then "lock" the pop up. This then means the pop up will always appear in the spot it was "locked" in.

Other options can be created, but these are just ideas from my team that made the most sense without getting to complicated. We use teams as part of our communication and the pop ups help us stay in touch but they can be intrusive, and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically update status/location (ie working from home/in office) based off location

It was nice in Skype that it would automatically update to my default status "In Office" when at my work location or to "Working from Home" when at my home location. I switch back and forth between the two locations every day so now have to type in a new status/location every morning when I log in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Auto Do Not Disturb during meetings

Currently, Teams automatically changes your status during an Outlook scheduled meeting to "Busy." Can you make it an option to have it automatically change to "Do Not Disturb"? I often take my laptop to in-person meetings and keep getting distracted with banner messages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Send a message with no push notification

If I was able to send a message without a push notiifcation, I could be able to differentiate how I want my messages to be handled in urgent vs. non-urgent cases. This way I only interrupt the user on the other end when I need them to see my message, otherwise the message could go to the background of their inbox.

(Also it would be nice to be able to 'remind' the user that I sent them a message if it had been sitting in their inbox for awhile).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow admins/Owners to disable notifications for Members

When creating a new MS Team for incoming new Students, we would like the ability to turn off email notifications so that they are not bombarded by emails upon joining and accessing their mailbox for the 1st time, as this may mean that important emails are missed

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt)

I would strongly request you to publish the public-facing information about how to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. List all channels, but let members join

Currently, when a new channel is created, everyone on the team is added to it (correct??).

Instead, let the person who makes the channel add people AND let members join the channels.

Right now if I make a channel that some people are not interested in being in, they will get notifications for it until they hide it.

This is how slack is set up, still allows for public channels and open access to them, but limits unwanted notifications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Chat Message Notification without the Banner

When in a chat discussion, if a message is received the "microsoft teams" tab in my task bar lights up in addition to me getting the banner message to the side of my screen. However, if I go to settings and notifications and turn off the banner for chat (because I dont like that popping up) my "microsoft teams" tab on my task bar no longer lights up or glows orange indicating I have a new message. This is frustrating because due to privacy reasons, I do not want the banner popping up with every message but I do like…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use native MacOS Notification Manager

Instead of using a custom notification, please use native MacOS Notification manager. This will allow users to manage notifications consistently with most other MacOS apps.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. mark as read

When you get the pop-up notification in the corner for a new message, it would be nice that when you click X it treats that message as read, or you add a second option to mark that message as read.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can introduce a feature to diffrentiate the conversations read by recipients

Can introduce a feature to diffrentiate the conversations read by recipients, delivered to recipients (as in WhatsApp)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Time-based "Notify when available"

When we select this option we normally do because someone is offline and so we need to talk to them but once they're online and we contacted them we don't need that notification. I suggest to have another option so that we can select from available options: [Expires after 5 min, Expires after 1 hour, Expires after 5 hours, Expires after 1 day]

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Modify Notifications at once

Requests the ability for users to change all Teams client Notifications at once.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Presenter/Meeting Privacy mode

I'm leaving this under Notifications, but this is what I would like:

If you are in a meeting or presenting, there should be a setting that will hide anything sensitive from popping up or being shown. This includes:

- chat/message notifications
    - chat history
    - calendar

The scenario is you're running a meeting in a room with several others. You fire up Teams to start or join a meeting. Hide anything that you might not want others to see.

I would set it up so Teams would ask if you want to be in privacy mode on launch. A one-click…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mail notification uses the first name of displayname (which might be the last name)

I would consider this more as a bug.
    Problem:
    In all email notifications it looks like it uses the first part of the displayname property (unitl the first space).

Assumption:
    AD Property Displayname uses Lastname Firstname
    Based on Screenshot this is HOBMAIER Dennis and Maierhofer Andreas.

Error:
    The Result will be:
    Hello LASTNAME

LASTNAME (of other participant) sent a chat message.
    See the attached screenshot.

Expectation:
    Change this to use AD first name attribute.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please give us a setting so we can determine the duration of pop up windows for chats.

Please give us a setting so we can determine the duration of pop up windows for chats. This would improve the adoption of Teams in our every day work day, especially for reluctant users.

Please address. There are 1573 votes for this on UserVoice. Please. Give us some control! Please!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Switching organizations

When switching organizations, [Register Teams as the chat app for Office] is automatically turned on.
    I want to keep it off, so I should change the behavior

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.