Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. @mentions from word, excel, powerpoint and onenote in Teams

Today when you @mention someone in word, excel and powerpoint an email notification is being generated. I can understand in a way it is designed that way but at the same time that goes against how you (MS) is marketing Teams to be the collaboration platform and not Outlook.
    I would much rather have the notifications show up in Teams when being @mentioned from a document instead of having an email. Then you can start working right away and continue the comments within Teams. There should be, at least, an option or switch where you can choose to have the…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to mute @team mentions for org-wide teams

We're finding not all users like to receive @team mention notifications. This is especially annoying when an Org-wide team is created.

The only course of action we have to stop people receiving @team notifications is to completely remove them from the Team. So this is what we're doing.

One-by-one as people request it, we remove user's access to a Team just because they are unable to turn off @team mention notifications. This means the user looses all access to the content in the Team and related services, like files in SharePoint.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement a Meet Now notification

It would be very convenient if attendees can see a Meet Now notification in the task bar when they are invited in the Meet Now meeting. Currently, we have to request them to join the meeting before starting, and it’s inconvenient.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Separate Call Notification from Mention & Chat Notification

Separate the call notification from the mention and chat notification. I don't want a notification going off every time someone chats, but I do need to hear when someone is calling me. I have missed calls from my boss due to this feature.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow sound notifications for team messages

there should be a sound notification for team messages. my team relies on the messages to communicate with each other. a sound notification would be greatly beneficial.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. If a notification arrives after having closed the window, have the Teams application start without having to click

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ウィンドウを閉じた後に通知が来た際に、クリックをせず強制的に Teams アプリケーションを起動させる機能の拡充を希望
    If a notification arrives after having closed the window, have the Teams application start without having to click

■Description(内容):
    Teams アプリケーションを閉じた後に Teams の通知が来た際、見逃さないよう通知が来た時点で Teams アプリケーションを再起動させる機能の拡充を希望します。

If a notification arrives after the Teams application has been closed, in order to prevent notifications being overlooked, we would like a function to be added that would restart the Teams application in such a case.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically update status/location (ie working from home/in office) based off location

It was nice in Skype that it would automatically update to my default status "In Office" when at my work location or to "Working from Home" when at my home location. I switch back and forth between the two locations every day so now have to type in a new status/location every morning when I log in.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Easy access to "Manage Notifications" - model after Skype's "Tag for Status Change Alerts"

"Tag for Status Change Alerts" was simple on Skype for Business - a right click to add a person and a right click to remove. I don't need a permanent notification setting for a person; it's just a temporary notification so that I know when they are free in the next few hours. Going down multiple levels through Settings is time-consuming and unnecessary. Please add functionality to the "Chat" window or "Contacts" window so this can be done easily and quickly.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams Taskbar Notification will be marked as read simply by opening the Teams application window only

When a message is received in Teams, the application will flash Orange in the taskbar if minimized. However, if Teams is open and the user is not on the specific chat window but receives a chat message, the Orange notification will not show up. This design causes users to easily miss out on received chat messages. Implementing a function to have Teams flash in Orange as long as there is an unread message would make Teams more accessible.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Disable chat banner notifications when chat window is active

When a chat is your active window, whether a pop-out chat or directly in the Teams app, chat banner notifications should be disabled (regardless of settings). The chat banner is disruptive and can hide the text in the actual chat.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Date format

Currently all dates of posts appear in US format (mm/dd/yy) which causes confusion because everywhere else my laptop displays them in UK format (which is also how most non-US people think about dates). Can the global setting not be used automatically also in Teams?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Move notification banner

Banner blocks view of current chat typing area. Please enable banners to show up on a different part of the screen, preferably allow the user to choose where banners show up.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow "Like" etc. on the notification banner

通知のバナー上で "いいね" などが可能となるよう機能の拡充を希望する
    Allow "Like" etc. on the notification banner

■Description(内容):
    通知のバナー上で "いいね" などが可能となれば、レスポンス時間を短縮できる。
    また、こちらから返信をした際に相手からも "いいね" が返されるため、相手の時間を取らずにクイック レスポンスが出来れば業務の効率化が図れる。

The response time would be reduced if "Like" becomes possible on the notification banner. And the same applies to those whoever we respond to. Thus, we can both improve the efficiency of our work. So, please make this possible.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Audio Notifications to Multiple Audio Devices

Currently, audio notifications can only go out one output device. We need to have the ability to play the audio notifications through all devices simultaneously, and allow the user to configure this setting.

For example, when a user has a headset plugged in, but isn't wearing it, call ringtone and chat notifications only play through the headset and could cause users to miss calls and chats.

Other platforms like Cisco Jabber have this ability, but it's currently missing from Teams

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mute notification sound

Mute notification sound for a particular annoying coworker, can't use headphone since the sound is so loud..

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow us to change/customize the notification sound in Teams.

Please allow us to customize the sound for Teams notifications. With multiple people working in an office/home it's impossible to identify who is receiving the notification.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notification function when making changes in Shifts

■Title(件名):
    シフトから操作を行った場合の Teams への通知機能について
    Notification function when making changes in Shifts

■Description(内容):
    現在 Teams のシフトよりスケジュールの編集や共有などの各操作を行った際に、対象のユーザーに通知されないため、各ユーザーはシフトを直接確認する必要があります。
    シフトより各操作を行った場合に対象のユーザーがすぐに気づけるように、Teams 上で通知が行われる機能を要望します。

Currently, if edits or changes to sharing are made in Shifts on Teams, no notifications are sent to affected users, and so each user needs to check Shifts directly themselves.
    Please add notification options to let affected users know of changes made on Shifts right away.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable Reaction emojis in the Banner Notification

When user gets a banner notification (in the corner near the systray), they are able to type a quick reply right there in the notification window, and then it disappears. But if they just want to give a quick reaction (thumbs up, or whatever), they have to click on the notification and open the app. I'd much rather be able to just right-click on the notification itself and add my reaction emoji.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Location of Banner Notification

It would be great to be able to move the notification banner. It always pops up in the bottom right and often covers things that I am typing. I never use the top right corner - would love to move them there.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I want to be able to change the Message Notification Sound

I find ever since the Teams notification sound to be really obnoxious. I feel we need to have the ability to change that sound completely without having to disable banner notifications.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base