Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Missed calls in Microsoft Teams should trigger email to Outlook

I have checked with Microsoft Premier Support and they have confirmed that users will only get notification for missed calls in the Teams app. Email notification is only for the missed messages in Teams, and this is the expected behavior.

But I found it strange why only calls are being excluded from email notification? Isn’t calls more important than message as people can always send email as alternative to chat?

Furthermore, Team’s setting is called “Missed activity emails”, which the missed calls fall under, this is very confusing to users.

Please include missed calls in email notification!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notify me when status changes

I want to know when my busy colleague might be free or have left their desk so I can talk to them. e.g. goes from available>in a meeting or in a meeting > away etc. So being notified of every status change will help me. That way I can speak to them as they go between meetings. Currently all we have is 'Notify when available'. This does not give us enough functionality.

This is a feature that exists in Skype for Business, called 'Tag for Status Change Alerts'. It would be great if you could bring this to Teams. See…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set the language selectively at the time of sending Email Invitations via Teams.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):Microsoft Teams における招待メールの言語について

Set the language selectively at the time of sending Email Invitations via Teams.

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams において、招待メールの言語のみを任意に変更出来る機能の追加を希望いたします。

For ease of management, we are hoping the functional improvement that can selectively change/set the language to be notified at the time of sending Email Invitations to users via Microsoft Teams.

Thank you for your continued support.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When Microsoft Teams is minimize, only sender name pop up in banner notification instead of content of message.

When Microsoft Teams is minimize, only sender name pop up in banner notification instead of content of message.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. warn people mentioning channels or teams with lots of members

Currently you can mention a team or channel and everyone in the team or channel will get a notification. This can be seen as spam in large teams.

As its not always clear how many people are members of a chanel or team, giving a warning that the action someone is about to take will notify lots of people, before they post, will help them understand if thats really what they want to do.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow owners to force automatic channel notifications for a particular Teams channel.

Allow owners to force automatic channel notifications for all participants added to a particular Teams channel rather than relying on all the participants to manually enable them.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Download Improvements

Download Improvements

Generally the download experience with Teams is pretty poor and I'm amalgamating suggestions in to one

• Configuration of download location other than default download folder

• Download progress and fixing of hanging UI when downloading file

• Permanent notification to user in chat/team room or even a downloaded management area showing downloaded files with a direct link to open file

• Ability to open file directly from notification

• Ability to open folder from all areas download is listed

• Ability to download to a different one time location from the file hamburger menu

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove private chat reactions from the activity feed

The activity feed does not show private chat messages but it does show private chat reactions. This is very confusing. Either the activity feed should show both private messages and private reactions or neither.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a specific user "@All" for specifically notifying all channel members

We can turn on or off notifications for a channel, by they way it would be useful to have a specific user like "@All" or "@channel" to enable notifying everybody based on their own notifications settings rather than based on channel notification settings.
    For exemple, I don't want to be notified for all discussions that may arise but I would appreciate that one of them is kind of "highlighted" for everybody exactly the way it is for specific users.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Centralized place for notifications from Teams Yammer and Outlook

Being able to have a switch under the team's notification tab that shows all my notifications across my O365 apps. Similar to the idea of having all tasks in one place, I want to have all my notifications in one place.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sync status of contacts with Outlook and Skype for Business

The statuses shown for contacts in Teams are not the same as that shown in Outlook or Skype for Business, thus I cannot trust Teams accuracy fully. It is my feeling that this is a BIG ISSUE / PROBLEM.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop asking if we like the app

We only need to be asked if we like the app once. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Notifications Feature to Team Chats

When you send a message to your team chat, team members don't get any notification. It's so surprising that such a basic feature has been ignored constantly.

There are some apps that I would like to use with my team or I simply want to make announcements or send a group chat to my team but nobody knows what's going on unless they choose to check the team chat page.

Please bring this basic feature to Microsoft Teams as it's really frustrating to be unable to notify members of the team of the chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Better Control Over Notification Sounds

I've seen this a few different ways but overall notification control could be improved. The following features would earn major points from me:
    - allow me to change notification settings for calls, teams, group chats, private chats individually
    - allow me to change the notification sound for these different categories
    - allow me to change banner behavior

Those 3 would be great. right now I miss so many messages because the sound isn't loud enough to overcome the volume of other things (namely music) on my computer (I'm on mac). Of course I check my messages from time to time…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mute notifications when on vacation

I’d like to mute all notifications while I’m on vacation as simply as stating I’m on vacation.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disable Urgent Messages

Please allow for disabling urgent message notifications and emails. I don't want to shut down teams every time I'm in a meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. notification

Notifications should have an option of only showing who has pinged and not the content of the notification(when notification is enabled)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow admins to control Teams channel notifications for users

By default the notifications for channels are turned off for new users. This leaves the users clueless if there are any updates in the channels they are a part of. Either admins should be allowed to control this or by default the channel notifications should be turned on for users and later they can turn it on/off as they like.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Respect Focus Assist

Teams should respect Windows Focus Assist settings. I'm not even sure how apps are allowed to override Windows settings like this.
    I put Windows Focus Assist into Alarms Only mode so I could record screen captures and I Teams kept popping up notifications over my application. I had to completely exit Teams so I could finish my task.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base