Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop toast notifications, but keep flashing icon in taskbar for notification.

TEAMS should provide option in settings to disable the toast notifications, but keep the flashing icon in taskbar active. It's very annoying to have a notification pop up in bottom right corner of screen for every single message. Yet still useful to be notified by the flashing icon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Control Over Notification Sounds

I've seen this a few different ways but overall notification control could be improved. The following features would earn major points from me:
    - allow me to change notification settings for calls, teams, group chats, private chats individually
    - allow me to change the notification sound for these different categories
    - allow me to change banner behavior

Those 3 would be great. right now I miss so many messages because the sound isn't loud enough to overcome the volume of other things (namely music) on my computer (I'm on mac). Of course I check my messages from time to time…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt)

I would strongly request you to publish the public-facing information about how to analyze Teams desktop log (log.txt).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Missed calls in Microsoft Teams should trigger email to Outlook

I have checked with Microsoft Premier Support and they have confirmed that users will only get notification for missed calls in the Teams app. Email notification is only for the missed messages in Teams, and this is the expected behavior.

But I found it strange why only calls are being excluded from email notification? Isn’t calls more important than message as people can always send email as alternative to chat?

Furthermore, Team’s setting is called “Missed activity emails”, which the missed calls fall under, this is very confusing to users.

Please include missed calls in email notification!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add option to turn off "do you like teams" and call quality feedback.

The Teams app is constantly asking me if I "like the teams app", and full-screens a call quality feedback after most calls. This is highly annoying and distracting. I always get mad at it and say no. Not because it asked, but because it continually asks over and over again like an incessant child with histrionic personality disorder.

Please make it stop!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mute team notifications on channels and teams when team is not favorite

When you don't want to leave the team, but it is not actively worked on (so, it is not favorite) , there needs to be a option to mute all team and channel atmention notifications from it. I would want to stick in the team so I can be atmentioned when needed.

Currently, if you unfavorite team you still get notications
    - when somebody atmentions the team (as per documentation)
    - when somebody atmentions a channel that is favorite (even when the team is unfavorited)
    - when somebody atmentions general channel of unfavorited team (since you can't unfavorite general)

Now…

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. remove urgent notification feature

The new "Urgent" delivery option is a horrible feature, and is only good for annoying the recipient. Please remove it or give us the ability to turn it off. Or at least give the recipient a way to ignore it or mark it not urgent. Similar to outlook emails, just because the sender marked an email as "high priority" doesn't mean it's high priority for the recipient, and they can edit the email properties to remove the priority flag.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mute notifications when on vacation

I’d like to mute all notifications while I’m on vacation as simply as stating I’m on vacation.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No pop-up notification in Team Chat

There's no pop-up notification in Team Chat. We missed out real time response.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create a specific user "@All" for specifically notifying all channel members

We can turn on or off notifications for a channel, by they way it would be useful to have a specific user like "@All" or "@channel" to enable notifying everybody based on their own notifications settings rather than based on channel notification settings.
    For exemple, I don't want to be notified for all discussions that may arise but I would appreciate that one of them is kind of "highlighted" for everybody exactly the way it is for specific users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow owners to force automatic channel notifications for a particular Teams channel.

Allow owners to force automatic channel notifications for all participants added to a particular Teams channel rather than relying on all the participants to manually enable them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable/Disable Notifications for all users at Admin Level

It's frustrating having to instruct users/manually enable notifications for channels they create. More administrative features to allow admins to enable/disable features such as Notifications for all users would be really helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Saved Messages in Activity Feed

Currently my users get lost looking for saved messages.
    Saved messages should be in your Activity Feed.
    When you save a message it should post a notification on your activity feed and then when you are looking at your activity you can filter for saved messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Projecting status should be automatically changed while projecting and DND should be activated automatically.

While projecting status of the user should be changed to DND with message that "User is projecting". It was present in skype for business. Sometime it is awkward that all messages are getting pop up above the previous text which should not be visible to the participants which are looking on the screen.
    Also instead of showing the unread messages/ chats one above other it should just popup first message. If a person is sitting beside you can read all the private chats unnecessary.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notifications on Announcements

An announcement in a channel doesn't notify the channel members unless you @Mention them. This should surely be automatic when an announcement is posted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clear All Activities

There should be an opportunity to clear all activity notifications with one button rather than clicking through all activities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to temporarily turn off notifications "silent mode"

You need to be able to temporarily turn off the notification sound or turn off the notification banner when you do not want to show the notification, such as during a meeting.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Out of office pop up showing up constantly for all users

Hi,

We at work are in a group chat and when someone is out of office, the little grey bar ontop of the chat box keeps showing up with the info that the person is out of office and may not respond.

You can close it but every time you re-open the chat tab it pops back up.

This happens for all users in chat (about 20 participants).

Can we disable this?

Thanks

241 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Respect Focus Assist

Teams should respect Windows Focus Assist settings. I'm not even sure how apps are allowed to override Windows settings like this.
    I put Windows Focus Assist into Alarms Only mode so I could record screen captures and I Teams kept popping up notifications over my application. I had to completely exit Teams so I could finish my task.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base