Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. notification

Notifications should have an option of only showing who has pinged and not the content of the notification(when notification is enabled)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. notifications

Notification options are very limited. I would like to have the option for the Teams application to 'flash' to inform me of notifications, rather than using a banner or email. Banners are disruptive and emails are more spam, if I do not select one of these options for chats I do not get any notification at all.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications: Control Blinking, Banner, Email Separately

Currently there is no way to separate banner notifications from blinking taskbar notifications from emails. I'd like to be able to control these things separately.

The banner notification is useful for me and an email would be too.

However, the blinking notifications in the task bar are a huge interruption to my workflow. To make it stop blinking i need to open teams, select the appropriate chat, and then if I don't read & deal with the message right away - there's no reminder to come back to it. I would prefer an icon or symbol that reminds me that…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow owners to force automatic channel notifications for a particular Teams channel.

Allow owners to force automatic channel notifications for all participants added to a particular Teams channel rather than relying on all the participants to manually enable them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Include the "Also Ring" feature that was in Skype for Business.

Please include the "Also Ring" feature.
    I use a headset to place and receive calls. When not on a call, I take the headset off. With Teams current capabilities, I now get no audible notification of an incoming call as Teams can only ring the one device selected for calls. In my case (and probably for others as well) that is a loss of very useful functionality. The "Also Ring" feature included in the Skype for Business application conveniently addressed this issue by also ringing the computer speakers (or other device of choice).
    I am a strong proponent of Microsoft…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Welcome to the group VS Welcome to the Team

When a Team is created in the Teams Admin Center and users are added to that Team, they get an email notification announcing their "Welcome to the xyz group" with information on how to particiapte: email the group, go to SharePoint, Go to shared notebook, etc. Not once does it mention going to the actual Team.

On the other hand, when adding a Team and members to that Team inside of Teams itself, the welcome is much more correct, where it sends "xyz has added you to abc! Open Microsoft Teams". This makes much more sense--go to Teams after adding…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Channel or Team Notifications

Teams does not provide any notification when someone posts to a Team channel. We have people not realising that someone's said something in a channel because people expect to have a notification that this happens. No one constantly checks Teams to see if there has been any activity.

Could there be a banner notification at least on a "per-Team" basis telling us someone has posted something to one of our channels?

At a minimum, some kind of generic notification that activity has occurred within any one of your Teams would be useful.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. VIP notifications

I have notifications on minimum to avoid too much distraction with my work. However, there are individuals that I need to respond fast and it would be great if we could define VIP people for which we could make different rules for notifications from the rest of the pack.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. warn people mentioning channels or teams with lots of members

Currently you can mention a team or channel and everyone in the team or channel will get a notification. This can be seen as spam in large teams.
    As its not always clear how many people are members of a chanel or team, giving a warning that the action someone is about to take will notify lots of people, before they post, will help them understand if thats really what they want to do.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. warning "For a richer experience"

Warning Islands mode Skype for Business users get when pinging a Teams Only user is confusing and it makes them think that the Teams user didn't get their message.

Change warning received from:
    Error Received:"(user) is not using Skype for Business. For a richer experience, switch to Teams or start a Skype Meeting."

to something like :

“(user) received your message, but is now using Teams. For a richer experience, switch to Teams…”

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Microsoft Teams download banner / popup needs to be removed

When a user in the Office 365 environment wants to use the web version http://teams.microsoft.com, a popup message is visible at the upper area with a prompt to install the client version:
    “Want an even faster, more collaborative experience? Download the desktop app.” By several given security compliance requirements in big IT environments, the users shouldn’t be able to install any additional software at their PCs. This popup is confusing the web-only Teams user and also it makes the software deployment team nervous.

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  36 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New Notification Type - Sound Only

Users need to hear a notification sound when new chats come in, but do not want an email / banner coming in because they are continuously sharing screens with others and confidential information is being seen if the Teams app is running and banners are on.

Currently - Sound set to All - but if Chat is set to off, we don't get a Sound. The only way we hear a sound is if Chat is set to Banner or Banner Email.

We need an option to set Chat and other notifications to Sound Only

So options should be:

Banner …

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. remove urgent notification feature

The new "Urgent" delivery option is a horrible feature, and is only good for annoying the recipient. Please remove it or give us the ability to turn it off. Or at least give the recipient a way to ignore it or mark it not urgent. Similar to outlook emails, just because the sender marked an email as "high priority" doesn't mean it's high priority for the recipient, and they can edit the email properties to remove the priority flag.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Administrative feature to manage user’s email notification setting for Microsoft Teams

It would be great if an admin can use PowerShell or other method in admin center to manage users in the tenant level at a time in Microsoft Teams so that they could receive email notifications. Currently, each user needs to do the notification setting through their client.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Follow up reminders in Teams Conversations

Is there a way to set a follow-up reminder to a conversation in Teams? For example, whenever I send a request via Outlook to someone, I always create set a reminder date so that I don't forget about this request. This feature is very helpful, especially, when someone is sending dozens of requests to team members every day. So, it here a way to set reminders in Teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Better activity notifications when connected to multiple organizations

When using Teams with multiple organizations, there is no clear notification of new content being posted to organizations outside the current organization. I have to remember to periodically check the other organizations for new content manually.

This is slowing adoption of Teams with Guest users because Guests aren't made aware of the new content, and people fall back to email.

In Slack, all slacks/organizations are listed and a dot appears next to any slack that has new content. Some sort of notification system that shows new content across all joined organizations would be helpful. Even better would be a setting…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Update available application list in some blogs

Regarding with the following Japanese articles which introduce the available applications for Teams, I would strongly request you to update them with the latest information periodically. Furthermore, I suggest that information should be published as Docs article instead of Blog posts. I appreciate you would provide this kind of information in the appropriate page.

Title : Microsoft Teams にて利用できるアプリ一覧(ファーストパーティ製)
    URL : https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/teamsjp/2018/09/14/microsoft-teams-applist-1/
    Title : Microsoft Teams にて利用できるアプリ一覧(サードパーティ製)
    URL : https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/teamsjp/2018/10/01/microsoft-teams-app-third-1/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Beep when someone takes a screenshot during screenshare.

Just like how Teams notifies if the call is being recorded, it would be nice to hear a beep when someone takes a screenshot during your screen share.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.