Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications

I always miss notifications and meetings in Teams. Need more control over notification settings.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. warn people mentioning channels or teams with lots of members

Currently you can mention a team or channel and everyone in the team or channel will get a notification. This can be seen as spam in large teams.
    As its not always clear how many people are members of a chanel or team, giving a warning that the action someone is about to take will notify lots of people, before they post, will help them understand if thats really what they want to do.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Download Improvements

Download Improvements

Generally the download experience with Teams is pretty poor and I'm amalgamating suggestions in to one

- Configuration of download location other than default download folder
    - Download progress and fixing of hanging UI when downloading file
    - Permanent notification to user in chat/team room or even a downloaded management area showing downloaded files with a direct link to open file
    - Ability to open file directly from notification
    - Ability to open folder from all areas download is listed
    - Ability to download to a different one time location from the file hamburger menu

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set the language selectively at the time of sending Email Invitations via Teams.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):Microsoft Teams における招待メールの言語について

Set the language selectively at the time of sending Email Invitations via Teams.
    ■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams において、招待メールの言語のみを任意に変更出来る機能の追加を希望いたします。

For ease of management, we are hoping the functional improvement that can selectively change/set the language to be notified at the time of sending Email Invitations to users via Microsoft Teams.

Thank you for your continued support.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notification Banner Only on First Message

Rather than having a notification banner pop up for EVERY message, make it an option that you only get the banner for the first message you receive in a series.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Saved Messages in Activity Feed

Currently my users get lost looking for saved messages.
    Saved messages should be in your Activity Feed.
    When you save a message it should post a notification on your activity feed and then when you are looking at your activity you can filter for saved messages.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mute team notifications on channels and teams when team is not favorite

When you don't want to leave the team, but it is not actively worked on (so, it is not favorite) , there needs to be a option to mute all team and channel atmention notifications from it. I would want to stick in the team so I can be atmentioned when needed.

Currently, if you unfavorite team you still get notications
    - when somebody atmentions the team (as per documentation)
    - when somebody atmentions a channel that is favorite (even when the team is unfavorited)
    - when somebody atmentions general channel of unfavorited team (since you can't unfavorite general)

Now…

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. IOS 13 Not getting notifications

iOS 13 beta not getting notifications of new messages

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Notifications using first word of displayname

Currently Teams is sending notifications towards other users when they are offline or unreachable. In those notifications the first word of the displayname is being used instead of the full Displayname or just the given (first) name. In large organisations this leads to very confusing funny situations. As an example we use as displayname the last name followed by a comma and then the first name.

So at the end you get notifications like Hi Van, Van has send you a message.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to temporarily turn off notifications "silent mode"

You need to be able to temporarily turn off the notification sound or turn off the notification banner when you do not want to show the notification, such as during a meeting.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. notifications

I am unable to get any pop-up notifications on my phone from the Teams app. I have checked the following settings: On the app:
    Menu/Settings/Notifications:

Send Notifications - "Always, even if active on desktop"

Push Notifications - All selected

Sound - set on with vibrate

On the phone:

Settings/Notifications:

Teams set to notify

Advanced:

Allow Notifications selected

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Out of office pop up showing up constantly for all users

Hi,

We at work are in a group chat and when someone is out of office, the little grey bar ontop of the chat box keeps showing up with the info that the person is out of office and may not respond.

You can close it but every time you re-open the chat tab it pops back up.

This happens for all users in chat (about 20 participants).

Can we disable this?

Thanks

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Notifications Feature to Team Chats

When you send a message to your team chat, team members don't get any notification. It's so surprising that such a basic feature has been ignored constantly.

There are some apps that I would like to use with my team or I simply want to make announcements or send a group chat to my team but nobody knows what's going on unless they choose to check the team chat page.

Please bring this basic feature to Microsoft Teams as it's really frustrating to be unable to notify members of the team of the chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mute notifications when on vacation

I’d like to mute all notifications while I’m on vacation as simply as stating I’m on vacation.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better Control Over Notification Sounds

I've seen this a few different ways but overall notification control could be improved. The following features would earn major points from me:
    - allow me to change notification settings for calls, teams, group chats, private chats individually
    - allow me to change the notification sound for these different categories
    - allow me to change banner behavior

Those 3 would be great. right now I miss so many messages because the sound isn't loud enough to overcome the volume of other things (namely music) on my computer (I'm on mac). Of course I check my messages from time to time…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to Hide Global Banner/Toast Text

Recently, Teams added the user-proposed feature to hide toast notifications while you are in a Do Not Disturb status. While this is a step in the right direction, I don't find it to be enough. I should be able to hide banner/toast text at the global level, so that the notification still appears, but the message content does not. Currently, my only option is to completely disable all banners, which I don't want to do. There are plenty of use-cases for wanting to hide message content outside of a Do Not Disturb status (I forgot to set my status, paired…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Wizz !

Retour aux WIZZ de MSN messenger, tellement utile lorsqu'on attend une réponse urgente d'un collègue ...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove multiple notifications when someone is out of office. This is maddening and completely unnecessary.

Currently, the out of office setting from Outlook is triggering an out of office pop up EVERY SINGLE TIME we go back into a chat in EVERY SINGLE CHAT that the person who is out of office is in. This is maddening and very distracting. We had a person on medical leave for a month and and single day, multiple times a day, we had to close out the pop up stating that he was out of office. Please provide an option to either only show one time or turn off completely in Teams since we already get the reply…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Respect Focus Assist

Teams should respect Windows Focus Assist settings. I'm not even sure how apps are allowed to override Windows settings like this.
    I put Windows Focus Assist into Alarms Only mode so I could record screen captures and I Teams kept popping up notifications over my application. I had to completely exit Teams so I could finish my task.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Email Notifications Settings in Android App

I would like Microsoft to add an option in the Microsoft Teams app settings to customise and change your email notification preferences.

Microsoft Teams sends you email notifications by default seemingly, however if you are using an Android device there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off or unsubscribe from these emails.

In the footer of the emails Microsoft Teams sends, it says to unsubscribe in the Microsoft Teams app under Settings > Notifications, however there is no option there to unsubscribe on Android devices.

I would urge Microsoft to add this option in as a priority, As…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.