Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Differentiate Notification Icons for @Mentions - Personal, Group, Team. Channel

@Mentions are very powerful, but end users need a way to quickly scan all of their teams and channels and quickly prioritize tasks/responses. Currently, you see the same designation (a red @ sign) on a channel even though the mention could be just you, an entire Office group, the entire channel, or even the entire team. Each of those should be a different color and end users should be able to change notification (email, banner, etc.) options based on those 4 categories. A personal @mention is likely more pressing and important than an @mention to an entire channel or team.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow 365 Admin to Define Default Notification settings in Teams.

It would be nice to let the Domain Admin have control what the default setting are in teams.
    Users can changed them but let the admins change and override with one time Reset. Like a GPO Preference.

Why?
    Let’s say the users are not ready for emails and Banners and users are freaking out about the number of Alerts from Teams to Outlook. The Admin could reset the setting for all users to Banner only. This would let users change it to email and banner, but the admin could find a setting that works best for the company of users.

349 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want a separate option for sound notifications for calls and messages

I want a separate option for sound notifications for calls and messages. The current "Notification sound" includes "Call, mention, chat" as one option.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow 3rd party apps to have notiifications directly in Teams App when added

When adding a company PowerApp to Teams to show up as its own icon to allow when new things are added to put a circle with a 1 in it notifiying the Teams user that something new has been posted in the app. The attached files showes the side bar in teams with Custom Apps Add to the top. I want notifications like Teams and Chats to appear on those custom icons above.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Keep incoming call notification topper than message notification.

When you receiving an incoming call,the call notification will be displayed. If someone sends you a message, or you are in a group chat, the new message notification will be always on the top, which prevents you from accepting the call. and you have to wait for all of the messages notification disappear. It is very inconvenient.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please change the notation when users join teams using a code

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    コードを利用してチームにユーザー参加した場合の表記を変更してほしい
    Please change the notation when users join teams using a code

■Description(内容):
    コードを利用してユーザーがチームに参加した場合、次の表記となります。

<チーム所有者> が​ <ユーザー> をチームに追加しました。

しかし、チーム所有者が複数人いる場合、コードを発行した所有者以外の名前が表示される場合があり、業務上混乱を招く場合があります。

そのため、表記を次のように変更してほしい

チーム所有者 <ユーザー名> が発行したコードで <ユーザー> をチームに追加しました。

If users join teams using a code a message will be displayed in the following manner.

<Team owner> has added <User> to the team.

However if there are multiple team owners, there are situations where an owner that did not issue the code gets displayed, and thus creates a situation where operations gets confusing.

So we hope that the message will be changed in the following manner.

<User> has been added…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. a noise/sound type of notification for messages and chats

a noise/sound different tones for notification for messages and chats

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide option to suppress "Joined the Team" and "Left the Team" messages in Org-Wide team

Please provide an option for administrators to suppress the "Joined the Team" and "Left the Team" messages that are automatically added into the conversations stream. This would be a nice feature in any Team, but is really important for the Org-Wide team.

Because of the nature of our business model, we have a high turnover / churn of employees -- so every day there are multiple messages about who joined the team and who left the team. This noise causes the actual content in the General channel of our org-wide team to be pushed off the page. We try to…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mute all notifications when in a meeting

Mute all Teams notifications when in a meeting planned using Outlook 365.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Automatically update status/location (ie working from home/in office) based off location

It was nice in Skype that it would automatically update to my default status "In Office" when at my work location or to "Working from Home" when at my home location. I switch back and forth between the two locations every day so now have to type in a new status/location every morning when I log in.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Verify and set the notification setting for multiple channels altogether in the Teams app

I would request a feature to verify and set the notification setting for multiple channels altogether in the Teams app, because we need to verify the setting for channels one-by-one at the moment and it’s going to be a hard work for admins when the channels get increased to a large number. So, it would be very convenient if we could check and set notification setting for multiple channels at the same time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Location of Banner Notification

It would be great to be able to move the notification banner. It always pops up in the bottom right and often covers things that I am typing. I never use the top right corner - would love to move them there.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notifications when member is added to teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チームにメンバーの追加を行った時の通知について
    Notifications when member is added to teams

■Description(内容):
    現在の Microsoft Teams では、GUI および Windows Powershell においても、チームにメンバーを追加した時や所有者​の変更を行った場合はチーム チャットで通知される動作です。
    通知を制御する機能を要望します。
    Currently in Microsoft Teams, users will be notified by the team chat that members have been added or the owner has changed for both GUI and Windows Powershell.
    We hope a feature will be implemented to control the notifications.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams does not respect "Do Not Disturb" on MacOS.

When I set my Mac to "DO NOT DISTURB" Teams still pops up notifications. This is really annoying when I'm sharing my screen in a meeting.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Send notifications to multiple devices regardless of presence

Currently, if you are using Teams on multiple devices (e.g. mobile and desktop app), notifications will be sent to one or the other depending on your presence.

Please can you provide an option to send notifications to all devices, and clear them on all devices if a notification has been viewed on one?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop toast notifications, but keep flashing icon in taskbar for notification.

TEAMS should provide option in settings to disable the toast notifications, but keep the flashing icon in taskbar active. It's very annoying to have a notification pop up in bottom right corner of screen for every single message. Yet still useful to be notified by the flashing icon.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Notification Sound alert to the Chat feature , to alert you when a chat is sent to you.

Add Notification Sound alert to the Chat feature , to alert you when a chat is sent to you.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 911/112 Emergency Calling Notification integration with Flow/PowerAutomate

Currently 911/112 Emergency notification is in Teams only and only to individuals or distribution groups. Would be nice to also add email notification or post a message to a channel so we can use Flow / Power Automate to expand further notification and start incident management workflows and also trigger external emergency notification systems. A specific trigger for this would be even better.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cross Organization Notifications

It would be great if I could receive notifications while I'm in a different organization in teams.

Say there are two organizations 'A' and 'B' while i'm in organization 'A' I won't receive any notifications from organization 'B'. This leads to me easily missing notifications.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I'd like the notification for new message on the task bar to blink - apparently it just lights up on the app icon. Easy to miss messages.

I'd like the notification for new message on the task bar to blink - apparently it just lights up on the app icon. Easy to miss messages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base