Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the possibility to receive notifications when a meeting is started in a teams channel

We would like to have the possibility to receive notifications when a user starts a meeting in a channel. It should be included in the "All activities" option for notifications in a channel, or as a separate option.

Our users expect the "All activities" option should include all activities (hence the name), included the meetings.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Channel Notifications should not be muted by default

Channel Notifications should not be muted by default. Currently, when I add a Team, the team members have to enable notifications for the general channel and all other channels. The main reason to have this app is to be notified. Why mute notifications by default???

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Raise hand: make visible in presentation mode.

hello!

I am having a hard time seeing if anyone raised their hand in the meeting where I am presenting/sharing the screen.

If there would be a visual indication on the shared screen or in the small call window to indicate that somebody is trying to make a comment or ask a question by raising their hand it would make things more helpful.

Thanks in advance!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assignment Notifications

Send notifications when something is turned in to an assignment. Allow sorting of assignments by last name as well as turned in or not. Also do not allow students to submit nothing. We have many blank assignments.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Play/Display notification when someone enters a meeting

When someone enters a meeting, it would be nice to either have a pop-up or sound notification that someone has joined the meeting. You should be able to toggle this on/off so that large meetings can go undisturbed if needed.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. pop-up chat

When you open an individual chat into a pop-up chat window, it would be nice to have the pop-up chat window have it's own badge indicating there are new messages related to the chat. Currently, if the notifications are missed, the entire Teams app blinks orange and not the individual pop-up chat window. A differentiating indicator would be helpful.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notification in Teams for received Teams meeting invites

There can be days I don't open Outlook at all, and therefore miss received Teams meeting invites. I can see them in the Teams Calendar app as greyed out before I respond to them but it would be great if we could get a notification in Teams when we receive a new Teams meeting invite, so we don't need to rely on Outlook.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Email notification should indicate in which tenant a user is added to in a team

Currently all invitations (Internal Tenant, but also invitations from external tenants) come from same mail address (Microsoft Teams <noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com> ), same look and feel and no one can distinguish between a Teams from Interal Tenant or foreign tenants.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shift Notifications

Hello,
    It would be EXTREMELY helpful if within the Shifts application, owners had the option(s) to:
    - Disable shift notifications
    - Select to receive shift notifications for only specific groups
    - Select to receive shift notifications for a specific type of action
    - Select the method by which they would like to receive the notification

These are critical components that exist within the regular Teams settings, but not within the Shifts application in Teams. With the return to worksites, organizations are using Shifts to aide in facility population management during the pandemic. It is crucial that these basic settings functions…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notifications across multiple teams

I have an internal teams account and have have access to multiple external teams (as a guest and invited by my clients).

When I am active in one of the teams I do not receive notifications in the of what is happening in the other Teams - unless I set all notifications to email, which is not what I want!

It would be useful to at least have an indicator to tell me that there is a notification waiting in the accounts a) at the top right next to the team selector and also when I click the drop down,…

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Activity icon - Add filter options for these @mention types; TAG, TEAM, CHANNEL

With all flowing through our ACTIVITY feed it's easy to miss an @mention.

You can FILTER and easily locate all @mentions directly to YOU but you CANNOT filter and easily locate these @mention types; TAG, TEAM, CHANNEL.

Please add filter options also for these @mention types; TAG, TEAM, CHANNEL. This would make it even easier to make sure we're not missing important @mentions meant for us.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to export email addresses for Teams member

Add export functionality to Teams member lists for easy collection of member email addresses.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow for sound notification option/customization

When Banners for Microsoft Teams is turned off, a sound notification is no longer present, as it when a new message was received in Chat when Banners was turned on. The Banner itself is too invasive for all the chat messages that I receive, since it blocks me from seeing/using my screen. In fact the blinky to taskbar and sound would be fine, but not a pop up in the notifications area. Sound notification options would still be nice to have irregardless, in Chats and individual Channels. The customization options that were once available in the product were proven to…

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. sound notification

We are always missing MS TEAMs chats due to the sound option is bleak. Can we receive a constant beep/tone/flashing screen when you receive a new chat? IS there a way to increase the sound level?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disable chat alert sounds during meeting

Ability to mute the private chat notification sound during a meeting.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to change default notification settings for channels and users

There should be an option to set the default notification preferences for each Team, Channel and User in the Admin center. In the app, Team owners should be able to set default notifications for each channel.

We have many Teams that are getting posts but people do not see them because there is no notification by default.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Chat Notification doesn't recognize Popped Out Window

When I have a chat window Popped Out and I receive a notification, I'll click on it but it opens the chat in the main teams screen and cause any of my apps or windows that I was working on (In Teams) to close. It would be nice if Teams recognized that you had that specfic chat "Popped Out" and would open just that small window.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want a separate option for sound notifications for calls and messages

I want a separate option for sound notifications for calls and messages. The current "Notification sound" includes "Call, mention, chat" as one option.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable notifications for all banners no matter which banner you are in

We use Teams within our own company, but also as guests within Teams from other organizations that we support. We currently do not receive any real time notifications for banners that we are not currently 'in'. We do not want to get emails for the things we have missed for other banners every time. Please enable mobile and PC alerts for ALL banners you are part of no matter which one you are currently in.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow user to centrally manage their notification settings for teams and channels

Provide an option to manage notification settings for all teams and channels in a single place.

Presently, if I want to change notification settings, I must visit each and every team and channel to change those notification settings.

Providing a list view with teams and channels and columns for the various settings would allow an easy way for a user to both see their notification settings, but to manage them in a quick and efficient manner

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base