Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Play/Display notification when someone enters a meeting

When someone enters a meeting, it would be nice to either have a pop-up or sound notification that someone has joined the meeting. You should be able to toggle this on/off so that large meetings can go undisturbed if needed.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. All notifications dismisses if bottom one is closed

Sometimes a user gets many messages pop notifications and the pile on each other. It has to be either manually closed each one or wait for few seconds to disappear. What if the bottom notification is closed and it closes all? This is very annoying when presenting/sharing screen and when can't afford to mute the chat either.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Identify Connectivity Issues from others in a Meeting

When you're in a meeting and someone else is having connectivity issues, all the users in a meeting could have impact on their experience and they will not receive any kind of notification because they don't have connectivity issues. On this scenario, the user experience is deteriorated and cause dissatisfaction using Microsoft Teams. With a message that "someone else" (keeping user privacy) is having connectivity issues and could impact user experience, will decrease the perception that Teams is not reliable or don't have a good performance.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to change default notification settings for channels and users

There should be an option to set the default notification preferences for each Team, Channel and User in the Admin center. In the app, Team owners should be able to set default notifications for each channel.

We have many Teams that are getting posts but people do not see them because there is no notification by default.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notify of messages within Teams the same as it does with a Chat

When you send a Chat to someone, it puts a little red dot/number by Chat. We need this to happen for our Teams as well. We are missing important messages within our Teams, because we don't know someone has posted in there. The current system of just bolding the Team Channel isn't effective; if you accidentally click on the Channel, the bolding goes away. We need something more lasting.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notifications across multiple teams

I have an internal teams account and have have access to multiple external teams (as a guest and invited by my clients).

When I am active in one of the teams I do not receive notifications in the of what is happening in the other Teams - unless I set all notifications to email, which is not what I want!

It would be useful to at least have an indicator to tell me that there is a notification waiting in the accounts a) at the top right next to the team selector and also when I click the drop down,…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Service Health is not a great subject heading to use for notifications

Service "Health" is not a great subject heading to use in times of COVID-19 when many people will be using the NHS tracking apps which will notify potential real Health issues. "Status" or Service Operations Update" would be more appropriate.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Reactions to a pop-up (toast) message

Please show the Reactions bar in a message pop-up. This will allow users to reply to a pop-up message with a single click of a reaction icon. Currently, to add a reaction to a popped-up message, you have to open the full Teams desktop client to do so. I have attached a terrible mock-up. Thank you

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. You need the ability to mute chat sound notifications, right now the only option is to mute both chat and call sound notifications

right now the only option to mute sounds is all or nothing. I dont want to mute my calls, but i for sure want to mute my chat notification sounds.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Settings > Notifications: Notification sounds need to allow more options

“Notification sounds = Off” will disable all sound notifications, including disabling the Call notifications. What I’d like to do is to disable Mention and Chat notification sounds for example, but keep Call notification sounds. This can't be done at the moment as only 3 options are available:
    All
    Call, mention and chat
    Off
    We would need additional options to cover all use cases.
    Thanks

506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I want a separate option for sound notifications for calls and messages

I want a separate option for sound notifications for calls and messages. The current "Notification sound" includes "Call, mention, chat" as one option.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow for sound notification option/customization

When Banners for Microsoft Teams is turned off, a sound notification is no longer present, as it when a new message was received in Chat when Banners was turned on. The Banner itself is too invasive for all the chat messages that I receive, since it blocks me from seeing/using my screen. In fact the blinky to taskbar and sound would be fine, but not a pop up in the notifications area. Sound notification options would still be nice to have irregardless, in Chats and individual Channels. The customization options that were once available in the product were proven to…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Chat Notification doesn't recognize Popped Out Window

When I have a chat window Popped Out and I receive a notification, I'll click on it but it opens the chat in the main teams screen and cause any of my apps or windows that I was working on (In Teams) to close. It would be nice if Teams recognized that you had that specfic chat "Popped Out" and would open just that small window.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. blocking people

blocking people

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Turn off chat notifications for current meeting

Turn off notifications for meeting chat for the current meeting.

When I'm in a meeting I still get notifications for the chat of the current meeting, even when I have the meeting chat open on the right side.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Message toast click should open a popped out chat if it already exists

If I have an existing popped out chat with someone, selecting a message toast notification from them should go to that popped out chat rather than the Teams main chat window.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable @Mentions on documents within the TEAMS app and notifications sent to email and activity feeds

It would be great to have the ability to @mention users on documents from within the TEAMS app and have notifications sent to both their activity feeds and an email sent in notification. Currently, we're only able to use @mentions when opened in the online or local versions of an Office documents as it does not work within TEAMS. The attached document shows the green arrow from an online comments and the second arrow (yellow) when made in TEAMS does not work. Thanks

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. sound notification

There is no sound notification when a message is sent inside a Team, like there is when you message a Group from Chat. The Banner and small red notification on the TaskBar is not enough to alert Team members they have a message.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. allow sound notifications for team messages

there should be a sound notification for team messages. my team relies on the messages to communicate with each other. a sound notification would be greatly beneficial.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disable chat banner notifications when chat window is active

When a chat is your active window, whether a pop-out chat or directly in the Teams app, chat banner notifications should be disabled (regardless of settings). The chat banner is disruptive and can hide the text in the actual chat.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base