Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option to be notified of ANY activity in a team or channel that you are a member of

Add an option to be notified of ANY activity in a team or channel that you are a member of

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add inline reply action to chat notification on Android client

Inline reply allows for a quick response without switching applications. It also allows replying from an Android Wear device.

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/notifiers/notifications.html#direct

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option Notify Team members when a new channel is created

We would like to notify the team when a new channel is created.

We manage small projects and problem tickets using a Microsoft Team. As the number of channels in our team increase it can be easy to miss when a new project or problem channel is created.

Team member should have the option to enable a notification when a Channel is created. This notification could be implemented as a pop up notification, email, and/or as a card with a button in the General Channel's conversation.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Silence push notifications to mobile device when outlook set to out of office.

This request is to provide a feature where the teams app installed on a mobile device (iPhone, Android, Windows, etc) to not receive notifications when the person's outlook calendar says OOO for the day or specific time period. This is a grey area since the whole idea is to be informed and "always on" but when on vacation wouldn't want to be disturbed with them and consume unneeded battery life or privacy.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notifications for activities across all Team that you are a member of. Not just chat.

Most activities are invisible - the only way to spot new stuff is to look through every Team that you are a member of.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notifications/ Alerts on anything that happens in Teams

Notifications are not consistent. They are not always sent to an user. I would like the option for a email to be sent out even if Teams is open on the web or Desktop or on a mobile device. This would guarantee user would be notified by any change that have been made in Teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It needs to light up more if a new message is posted.

Have more blinking lights and notification when a new message is posted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Push is not Reliable

We like Teams but sometimes you don't get any push message on your Mobile Phone. You have to open the App, To see if there new messages

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to @tag all members of a team/channel in a message/post.

Ability to use @everyone or @channel tags to mention everyone on the team or channel in my post.This way, I can ensure that everyone on the team, or specific channel are notified about my message/post (Specifically useful when members have their notification settings are set to "Send me notifications for: Mentions only".).

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Just type “@general” in any channel in the team, and it will notify and alert everyone in that team of the message.

10. Make the BOOKMARK icon more redily accessible

At the moment, bookmarks are accessed via the profile button. Is it possible to have the option of placing the bookmark ICON and associated link on the same level as the profile and feedback icons?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notifications settings are lost after logout

Every time I get logged out and log back in, my notifications settings get reset and I start getting notifications for everything. Please preserve my selections.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Better error feedback

Can we please get some better feedback when an error occures? Like when you try to change the name of a document that is not checked out there is just a little pop up in the right hand lower corner saying 'there is a problem' and that is it.
    While when I open the Team 'SharePoint' in actual SharePoint the error I get doing the same is way more clear and actually states that the document is not checked out so you can't change the name.

Same when uploading a file that has the same name as a file that…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Too Much Noise

How is stored conversations and constantly notifying people of their "missed conversations" actually valuable and viable? Technology integrations are great and cool and all, but this is a classic case of enhancing technology because we can, not because we necessarily should. As a result, all this does is foster fragmented communication, and is actually counter productive in the long run. People can get themselves organized outside of these tools. If they can't, well then they are relying too heavily on technology to run their lives for them. There is simply put, TOO MUCH NOISE!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need ability to mass mark as read notifications. Need ability to only see @ mention directly to your user.

On android app. Need ability to mark all notifications at once then set to read. Also set so you get notified only for select mentions like your user name or a special group or room you are part of. Right now I am turning off almost all notifications because it is mostly noise and cant filter.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need notifications, I can't hear any notices from teammates

Need notifications, I can't hear any notices from teammates

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. acknowlege message

i would like a function to request that members of a sub team acknowledge they have read a certain message.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When adding members to a private team it would be great if you could select to not notify them that they had been added to a team

When adding members to a private team it would be great if you could select to not notify them that they had been added to a team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make a way for someone to disable desktop notifications for certain chat groups. This is super annoying and messes with my workflow.

Make a way for someone to disable desktop notifications for certain chat groups. This is super annoying and messes with my workflow.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notify people using Skype for Business when someone posts to a channel thread

In "Notifications" allow users to set their notification system in Teams to behave like Skype for Business. I.e. for any Teams channel conversations they are in, get a Skype-like notification when someone posts to the thread.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow meetings shown in Teams that come from Outlook to bring Outlook's categorization

Teams shows all the meetings that I have scheduled via Outlook, but it does not show the color-coded categorization that I have applied in Outlook's calendar. If this could come across into Teams, it would help me keep my different project meetings organized.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base