Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Control Notifications

I need to be able to control notifications by channel/team.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. notification

Facebook has a concept of "Turn of notification for this post" on per conversation basis on a post where someone is tagged or added a comment. So people don't get spammed if they choose not to be notified on a certain conversation.

Currently in Microsoft Teams the Notification settings only allows user to turn it off for all conversations and not on per conversation basis.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better notifications

I always miss new chats. Any way to make notifications more obvious? Previously I used Slack and the icon in the dock (I'm on Mac) would hop up and down and show the number of new messages. If I'm not actively looking at Teams, I don't know if there's a new message.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Block notifications on mobile when status is Do Not Disturb

When status is DND, notifications still come through on mobile (iOS version 1.077.2017072604). Very disturbing when on a phone call.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. (Un)subscribe button for threads

Add an unsubscribe button for threads you would no longer like notifications for, and a subscribe button so you get notified on a thread without having to reply to it.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Notifications should be better

Notifications which can catch eye

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unique Notifications for Chat vs. Team Updates

Being a part of many teams means there are regularly updates being posted to one of them as well as chat messages. I tend to prioritize chat messages as someone is looking for a more immediate response but I find that I am constantly having to check teams because I see the notification in the start bar but the update isn't of relevance to me or a priority. The pop-ups in the lower right window can help but if you are focused or presenting you might miss them.
    I would suggest we have the start bar Teams Icon have two…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Receive Outlook Notification when Tagged in Teams

When you are tagged in Teams "@JoeSmith.....", receive an email notification. Currently, when someone likes my post, I receive an email notification, but I will not be notified when I have been addressed directly.

Without this option it has been a struggle to have my colleagues adopt Teams. We are trying to be more dependent on Teams for all our communications, but because we are not prompted to check Teams when something important has been posted, most will simply not check Teams and the message is lost, forcing us to revert to sending all communications through Outlook.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Many features are missing. It doesn’t sent notification to assigned people only. I can not control sub channels. Me ever if sub channel and

Notification to assigned team on the next activity
    Manage members of sub channel
    Manage recipients of sub channel notification
    Add a activity due date to calendar and reminder
    Create meeting invite for reviews.
    Once the task is over due continue to send reminder over due by *** no of days
    Option to Escalation to next level manager on over due task
    Not sure how to use Wiki and various feature on Teams . Periodical training promotes the product.
    Project updates , progress link

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Use Same Notification Sound in iOS App as Desktop App

You are relying on the default push notification sound on iOS. It would be helpful to have a custom notification sound for Teams notifications so that I know which app is pinging me without looking at my phone. This sort of thing is trivial to implement for an iOS engineer (I know because I've done it before).

Hopefully you can use the same sound between the desktop and the mobile apps. Thanks!

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add team channel notifications, push to mobile device, show number of unread messages in each Chat and Teams and channel

Show toast when message is posted to Team channel that is followed.
    Show the number of unread messages in the Icon, on the tabs and on the channel. (mobile and desktop)
    Push the notification to mobile devices.

We shouldn't have to go look at the channel to see if its bolded. Users want to glance at the icon, if a number exists then they know there are unread messages. They don't want to have to hunt for the unread messages.

Almost every other team app and social app does this.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Likes in pop-up notifications

I often want to "Like" a response that I read in a pop-up notification but I cannot do that quickly, I have to launch full Teams app and like the message there. There is a quick reply feature in the pop-up, so I hope you can add a quick "Like" there as well.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notifications when a member leaves a team

When one user adds/removes another user to team, we could see a notification within the General Channel. However, when a user or owner joins/leaves a team himself, there is no such notification.
    Feature request: Alert/warning message should be displayed on. Owners should be alerted by email if any of the member leave the TEAMS.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notification file share

When i share a file (or add a file) i would like to get a question, would you like to notify other team members.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have sound for incoming calls only

Teams is barely usable for me due to the very limited sound options - particularly only being able to have 'All' (which is far too distracting as you get a beep for every chat message), or 'Call, mention and chat' (seems to be same as All except if banners are turned off) or 'Off'.

I cannot have popup banners as they are far too distracting, disabling these also seems to stop 'call mention and chat' working though.

Can we have a 'Calls' section in the notifications options so we can hear a sound for incoming calls but disable sound for…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A banner should stay up till closed

I multiple large monitors. I am don't watch for banner so I always miss them. A banner should stay open till closed.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. select multiple filters in activity

The filter options under ACTIVY are helpful, but it would be MORE helpful to be able to select MULTIPLE filters and/or define our own filter criteria

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ungelesen gelesen - read unread

man kann sehr schwer erkennen, ob eine Nachricht gelesen bzw. ungelesen ist. Oft muss man lange suchen, das man im Teams die Antwort einer älteren Nachricht findet.

It is very difficult to see whether a message is read or unread. Often you have to look for a long time that you find in the team the answer of an older message.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. stop asking for notifications on mobile

you keep asking me to turn on notifications on ios. please stop. i will not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base