Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve message notification

Having 1 computer 1 phone and 1 tablet with the same team account it happened that I received the notificatin only on one device (the tablet for example) but not on the phone and computer. This induces quite a delay in seeing and acknowlodging the message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. People seeing your message notifications

Dear Microsoft,

Could you please make a thing that when you send a message that it shows that each other person has seen the message so that say if they don’t reply at least you can see that they have seen it.

Kindest Regards,
    Hershdeep

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. notification contact latest

Chatt notification shows which contact is chatting, only if using 'Latest' list. Not when using the 'Contacts' list. Would be great to be able to know which contact has chatted even when viewing the Contacts. Also, please make the dot a bit larger. Another idea would be to be able to double-click on the chat-ikon itself to get to the chat in question. See screenshots for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make teams more Transparent.

When adding a new conversations in teams enable automatic notifications instead of having you tag the conversation.

Being forced into Teams from Slack because of politics, I´ve noticed our teams are missing out at a lot of conversations in teams. A problem we didn´t have in Slack, cause everybody saw everything and were able to filter out if it was relevant or no and then could disregard it at a glance or answer fast.

What we notice in Teams is that conversations that wasn´t tagged became unoticed. Which is commonly to forget if you are a bit un the run…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make an option to get device notifications through the app, but not receive emails through the same email account.

Right now, it appears in the Team’s app that I can turn notifications on or off. I want to receive all notifications on my iPad I have the app on. But I don’t want to get any emails at all about activity in Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Newsletter for administrators about new versions of teams.

Newsletter for administrators about new versions of teams.
    Enable / disable mailing from the teams admin panel. If possible then give a link to the beta version immediately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove notifications for muted members

Notifications for muted members remain at the top of the desktop app. The only way to make them disappear is go to the Settings tab. However, once you leave the Settings area, the notification reappears and won't go away.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Android app notifications too spammy

Take guidance from Discord and alert on the 1st or 2nd new msg only, not every msg.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option in conversation to notify all team members for new messages without using @

For very important issues we need the possibility to notify (push message on mobile) all team members without using the @-sign. The reason simply is: If it is urgent and everyone has to get the message fast people could forget to use the @. And then no one gets a notification.

An additional option would be helpful to activate something like: Everyone always gets a notification.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve Visibility of New Posts

My list of Teams in the Favorites is growing very long. Sometimes I miss new posts where the team/channel/person is not mentioned, especially in teams that are beyond the bottom of the window (scrolling needed to see the bottom of the list) or where posts are within unfavorited channels. I'm now being forced to favorite all channels just to make sure I don't miss new posts, and that's making navigating around very cumbersome.

Setting channels to not be favorite trims the list so only high-activity channels are surfaced, but then when there is activity in slow channels, it's easy to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I find my mobile notifications to be inconsistent. It is hit and miss when the red badge appears to notify me of a new chat message.

Correct the issue or simplify the notification settings to ensure they are being sent. Because this is being used for business, it is really inefficient and frustrating. Our entire staff is having this same issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications are very bad.

Teams should behave as any apps in this area.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Requires Constant Monitoring

Microsoft Teams requires CONSTANT monitoring! If someone makes a comment in a channel wall, I do not see it until I log in next. It makes it hard to use as a collaboration tool because, even after I post something, I have to explicitly tag the individuals I want to see it - or email or Skype-message them, but that's how my current process is, so what's the point of Teams in that case?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notifications suck.

Click notification it should show the conversation history not just the last message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification/Filtering of Conversations on large scale

Reflecting upon my experience leading up to Ignite, during ignite and after ignite. I’m left with feeling overwhelmed with getting hit with information, requests to do “X”, and feedback. It's not that all this is bad and is critically important for ignite to be successful, but instead of having one place to look. There was so many places it was overwhelming.

During this time I was constantly worried I was going to miss something because there wasn’t one place to check.

This goes beyond just Ignite stuff. This has to do with MVP communications, Elite communications, TAP communications. It is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why when I start a conversation on teams does it not show up until someone comments? Even then it doesn't notify you that someone commented

Why when I start a conversation on teams does it not show up until someone comments? Even then it doesn't notify you that someone commented

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base