Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upcoming Meeting Indication

I am looking some type of hint on the Teams UI and Team Status bar icon indicating any upcoming meeting this would help a lot. I love the feature of representing Calendar in Teams, just that notifications should be better.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification on file activities

I would like to see notification settings on file activities. We are using "Alert me" feature within SharePoint Online lib/OneDrive lib and but would like to see this setting as part of Team's notification configuration.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want to paste @mention from email in excel sells all together.

I use MS Forms.
    There are open ID's or Name at file exported from Forms.
    I want to @mention those members all together.
    Is there any method?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sidebar icon notification opens with unread in view when clicked

Open Channel or Chat that triggered the push notification on the sidebar icon when that icon is selected.

e.g. for a new Chat notification (or Teams in reverse), clicking the sidebar icon opens that Chat (or Channel) in view rather than having to seek through an additional list for a BOLD item often overlooked in the plethora of tiny text.

Side notes:
    - the chat preview line should be optional
    - chat icons should be optional
    - new/unread chats should blink/flash from highlight to not highlighted until read

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams Notification follow Windows 10 quiet hours

If I setting Windows into "quiet hours", Teams Notification always popup it.

Let Teams Notification follow Windows 10 action center - "quiet hours" setting.

Thanks

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatically clear activity when the activity is viewed without requiring switching to the activity page

I get a pop up notification of a new message in a channel.
    I alt-tab to teams. I'm already in the channel, so I see the new message.
    Why does 'Activity' still have a number telling me I haven't seen this new message? Don't make me switch to the activity page to clear the indicator. Clear the indicator automatically when Teams gains focus with the channel that has new activity already selected.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop sending email reminder for msgs sent on TEAMS, it is redundant information converying

email reminder always been sent after a msg post on TEAMS, it is kind of wasting time as people need to spend time to read multiple emails which information already been delivered.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Close Notifications Properly

In Windows 10, when I get a notification from Teams, if I click into Teams to reply too quickly, it will not clear the notification.

Example:
    I receive a chat and get my notification properly but do not interact with it. I click straight into Teams and being typing a reply but the notification stays up and the Teams icon on the task bar still flashes orange.

I keep my task bar collapsed so when the notification comes and brings up my task bar, it covers the chat bar and all the option underneath it resulting in me having to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Chat indicator

Would be useful if there was an indicator on the Team icon, when you have missed conversations (from within a Team Channel) just like you get on the Chat icon.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Simultaneous Notifications despite settings

Even though I have my Android settings on "only notify when inactive on desktop," for the past few days my phone buzzes when I get a Teams notification regardless of if I am using the desktop version or not. This is not supposed to happen unless you're inactive for 3 minutes or more on your desktop, but it's literally every time I get a chat right now, which is driving me crazy. Please fix this bug!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Instant typing when you click on popup of new message

When receiving a new chat and get the popup. By clicking on it i want to start typing straight away. Not clicking the textbox first.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Autofollow the channels to get notifications

It's better every team member to follow the channel automatically (as a default) and if he (she) decides not to receive notifications can unfollow

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Showing wrong conversation when new messages arrive

When a new message arrives and I click on the toast, Teams shows me the last conversation I looked at and not the conversation the new message arrives in, so I spend a few moments re-reading and looking for the new message.

When a new message arrives the window's titlebar icon shows the number of new messages, but the text still shows the name of the conversation showing, which is confusing when your windows taskbar shows the window titles too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Kontrolle beim Chatt und Team

Es müsste beim Chat und in der Gruppe eine Möglichkeit geben um zu sehen wann welches Teammitglied die Info (Nachricht) gelesen hat. ZB.: sende ich eine Nachricht in die Gruppe und kann nachvollziehen zu welchem Tag und Uhrzeit welches Teammitglied diese Nachricht gelesen hat.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. notifications

Teams notifications SUCK. At a minimum there are two things that you must do to make Teams chat useful as an IM tool:
    1) Keep the notification banner up until it is acknowledged. It currently disappears after a few seconds, and if I don't see it, it's gone.
    2) Configurable sound. The current sound is hard to hear.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notification should come like SMS

I don't receive notifications of msg on teams

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Office 365 Service Health Notifications

With the removal of the RSS feed for the Office 365 service health, we have no way of pushing those advisories and incidents out to our helpdesk team.

I would like a way to push the these things into a specific team chat channel to increase team awareness and visibility.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. pop up notifications

The web version doesn't show pop ups outside of the window itself. Currently you have to be actively looking at the window in order for pop ups to appear. If I am in another browser tab or the browser is minimized I have no idea if someone has messaged me or not.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Changing the default time that Microsoft Teams client is detected as inactive and e-mailing alerts

Microsoft Teams client has an alert function when the client status has been detected as inactive. To enable this function, we need to sign out from the client or keep Teams client non-operative state more than an hour consecutively.

I would like to change the notification timing to be optional, not 1 hour default setting. It would be fine when I always operate Microsoft Teams, but I sometimes need to send an immediate e-mail alert, so allowing to change alert timing could improve work efficiency.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base