Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile client notification separate from desktop - or priority feature

It would be a nice scenario to have notifications be prioritized and unique when on mobile. At the desktop client, following several channels is feasible. However, on the mobile device the signal-to-noise ratio can be untenable. A priority/mobile notification mechanism would be appreciated.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need more VISIBILITY and heightened NOTIFICATION

Instead of giving the chat tabs a bold font as notification, it would be much better to give it a bright highlighted tab such as light green. Plus channels that are under the "x more channels" tab are always hidden and not visible even when there are notifications waiting. During deployments, my team needs to be a part of many different rooms and it's extremely hard to keep up when the notifications are barely present. We can't control their rooms but it would be amazing to be able to control the notifications. There should be a highlight color option along…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When adding members to a private team it would be great if you could select to not notify them that they had been added to a team

When adding members to a private team it would be great if you could select to not notify them that they had been added to a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show Recurring Outlook reminders in a specific MS Team Channel

We have a group calendar for our team that contains loads of repetitive reminders for the group: things to be checked, tasks to be completed... It would be great if those reminders would also come up in a specific channel for in MS Teams, so that our team members can tick them off as the tasks have been dealt with.
    I know that each channel has their own e-mail address (great!), but if you use that as part of a reminder in Outlook Calendar, the first message is received in the MS Teams channel, but none of the recurring reminders…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to have a notification setting that could let me only receive reminder,but don't show the specific message content

I want to have a notification setting that could let me only receive reminder,but don't show the specific message content

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can you RECPECT the "Turn Off' notifications of Apple?

Apple has an option to turn off notifications and it's been override by MS Teams, it's very annoying. The tool that apple provides is very useful specially people that like notifications but wants to turn them off for meetings. I don't want to turn off all the notification option you have listed overtime I go to a meeting.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show a preview text on notifications

Show a preview of the text when you get notifications

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notification on Open App in Task Bar

It would be helpful if the open application within the task bar would blink when an incoming message has arrived. As it stands, if you don't have the sound enabled, you can't tell if someone has messaged you while you are navigating through other programs.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add an option to be notified of ANY activity in a team or channel that you are a member of

Add an option to be notified of ANY activity in a team or channel that you are a member of

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add inline reply action to chat notification on Android client

Inline reply allows for a quick response without switching applications. It also allows replying from an Android Wear device.

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/notifiers/notifications.html#direct

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please give an option to turn off alerts. Please give an option to remove from Status bar. Please give an option to only notify for certain

Please give an option to turn off alerts.
    Please give an option to remove MS Teams from the status bar.
    Please give an option to prioritize alerts.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option Notify Team members when a new channel is created

We would like to notify the team when a new channel is created.

We manage small projects and problem tickets using a Microsoft Team. As the number of channels in our team increase it can be easy to miss when a new project or problem channel is created.

Team member should have the option to enable a notification when a Channel is created. This notification could be implemented as a pop up notification, email, and/or as a card with a button in the General Channel's conversation.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notifications for activities across all Team that you are a member of. Not just chat.

Most activities are invisible - the only way to spot new stuff is to look through every Team that you are a member of.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications/ Alerts on anything that happens in Teams

Notifications are not consistent. They are not always sent to an user. I would like the option for a email to be sent out even if Teams is open on the web or Desktop or on a mobile device. This would guarantee user would be notified by any change that have been made in Teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It needs to light up more if a new message is posted.

Have more blinking lights and notification when a new message is posted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Push is not Reliable

We like Teams but sometimes you don't get any push message on your Mobile Phone. You have to open the App, To see if there new messages

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the BOOKMARK icon more redily accessible

At the moment, bookmarks are accessed via the profile button. Is it possible to have the option of placing the bookmark ICON and associated link on the same level as the profile and feedback icons?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notifications settings are lost after logout

Every time I get logged out and log back in, my notifications settings get reset and I start getting notifications for everything. Please preserve my selections.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to @tag all members of a team/channel in a message/post.

Ability to use @everyone or @channel tags to mention everyone on the team or channel in my post.This way, I can ensure that everyone on the team, or specific channel are notified about my message/post (Specifically useful when members have their notification settings are set to "Send me notifications for: Mentions only".).

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Just type “@general” in any channel in the team, and it will notify and alert everyone in that team of the message.

20. Better error feedback

Can we please get some better feedback when an error occures? Like when you try to change the name of a document that is not checked out there is just a little pop up in the right hand lower corner saying 'there is a problem' and that is it.
    While when I open the Team 'SharePoint' in actual SharePoint the error I get doing the same is way more clear and actually states that the document is not checked out so you can't change the name.

Same when uploading a file that has the same name as a file that…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base