Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add team channel notifications, push to mobile device, show number of unread messages in each Chat and Teams and channel

Show toast when message is posted to Team channel that is followed.
    Show the number of unread messages in the Icon, on the tabs and on the channel. (mobile and desktop)
    Push the notification to mobile devices.

We shouldn't have to go look at the channel to see if its bolded. Users want to glance at the icon, if a number exists then they know there are unread messages. They don't want to have to hunt for the unread messages.

Almost every other team app and social app does this.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Notification follow Windows 10 quiet hours

If I setting Windows into "quiet hours", Teams Notification always popup it.

Let Teams Notification follow Windows 10 action center - "quiet hours" setting.

Thanks

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add notification/alert like skype

There should be a notification/alert pop up when there is a message, someone goes offline or comes online...

Refer SKYPE notification settings
    This is very important
    We have started using this app recently and because of no notification we are missing notification/messages needs out attention....

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better notifications

I always miss new chats. Any way to make notifications more obvious? Previously I used Slack and the icon in the dock (I'm on Mac) would hop up and down and show the number of new messages. If I'm not actively looking at Teams, I don't know if there's a new message.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use Same Notification Sound in iOS App as Desktop App

You are relying on the default push notification sound on iOS. It would be helpful to have a custom notification sound for Teams notifications so that I know which app is pinging me without looking at my phone. This sort of thing is trivial to implement for an iOS engineer (I know because I've done it before).

Hopefully you can use the same sound between the desktop and the mobile apps. Thanks!

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Working Hour Notifications

A way to set your 'working hours' in your profile settings to only receive notifications within that time-frame. This way, we can leave work and switch off without continuing to get notifications on our phones.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Push Notifications for Microsoft Teams

Instead of being sent direct emails for changes, comments, uploads etc. in teams. It would be more useful to have push notifications so we can be immediately notified. This would spend up and improve the functionality of Teams as we wouldn't have to continually check our Outlook mailbox.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sounds

Make a sound when a message is sent out to groups or individuals. It is hard to keep track if there is no sound. Thank you! ....unless we just can't figure it out...in that case maybe make a buttonthat has easy access to change sounds and voulme.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teacher is notified when students submit assignments

Teachers should be able to turn on notifications for when students submit assignments, especially if they are late. Currently, teachers are not notified when students submit anything and if it's late, the teacher will have to open past assignments to see if anything has been submitted.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notification Pop Up

It would be great if the user can decide where on the screen a notification pop up is shown. It is very often hiding buttons to the bottom right which is annoying.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notifications on the Taskbar icon

Taskbar icon could flash when a new message is posted / Number of unread messages could show on the taskbar icon, as skype does. Emails are not being received when messages are posted either

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Doesn't get sync automatically on mobile

After chatting on desktop, it doesn't get sync automatically on mobile till the time you open the app on mobile and wait for the sync, it should be realtime.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Control notification when Add members

Team's administrators sometime would like to avoid the automatic built-in email welcome message sent to a new member when he/she's being added to a Team but sent a custom message in a later time explaining the new members the whole contact of the new team they've been invited to. Option to uncheck email notification (similar to what SharePoint provides is very needed to address this scenario.
    In addition, the timing of sending this email welcome message should be changed to after all members at this cycle are being added so admin can regret and remove from the list potential members…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Microsoft Stream videos hyperlink

Now Teams support Stream as a tab., thanks.
    Next step is to be able to create a hyperlink for each added video in Teams to be able to create a conversation/notification about each newly added video.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adding a separate notificiation option for group chats.

I do not wanna see a pop-up message when i recieve a new message in a group chat. I would like to recieve a pop-up message when i get messaged directly.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. team notifications

there are no obvious notifications in 'teams' .. you have to click in to 'teams' when you remember to do so, and then you can see the teams you are a part of.. if there is new conversation, it will be bolded... but again, you have to remember to check into teams. On 'Chat' it shows a notification so I am able to remember to check that - but am always behind in my team updates.

There needs to be some unity between the chats so I can remember or a better notification.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. notification

Facebook has a concept of "Turn of notification for this post" on per conversation basis on a post where someone is tagged or added a comment. So people don't get spammed if they choose not to be notified on a certain conversation.

Currently in Microsoft Teams the Notification settings only allows user to turn it off for all conversations and not on per conversation basis.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mute channel timer

Great work on the new mute channel/chat feature. However, I think this would be vastly improved by adding a timer funtion (like facebook messenger). This would allow you to permanently mute a channel/chat or mute it for a set period (30 mins, 1 hour, 4 hours, 1day, 1 week for example).
    This means that when you are concentrating on work and don't want notifications popping up every second for stuff that is currently irrelevant, but don't want to miss future team chats it gives that ability. I hope that explanation makes some sense.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notifications should be customizable to make dock icon bounce repeatedly

New incoming messages are very easily missed due to lack of visual and repetitive notification. The teams icon in the doc should bounce repeatedly AND show the red notification bubble whenever new messages come in. This should happen regardless of whether the Teams window is active/selected for those with multiple monitors to still have that visual prompt. Users should be able to select what criteria they want to trigger this notification - i.e. Incoming messages for all groups/channels, Messages where I am mentioned, Direct messages to me, Incoming messages for channels I follow... etc. Look at what options Slack allows…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Datadog

Integration with Datadog (or any other third party monitoring/alerting system) is horrible in terms of UI/UX.

The attached images used for comparison show the stark difference.

This needs to change for better.

Generic issues which when addressed would cover a whole range of such integrations would be

1. Rendering of inline images
    2. Rendering of inline html

Am sure devteams on MS Teams are already working on it, but if not, this seems important enough to be taken up if users need to switch from comparable competitors.

Thanks!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base