Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Secondary ringer & Notifications" on various Audio devices.

Call signals & also notifications should optionally be possible on all audio devices (Skype only allows an additional "Secondary ringer" when someone calls you but notifications only comes to your primary audio device. Would be nice to configure combinations of ringers & notifications on different audio devices that are available like for myself sitting on speakers and headset.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. snooze notification

Allow a notification or multiple notifications to be snoozed x number of minutes. Sometimes it's not possible to reply to a message right away, so having the ability to snooze a notification for 10 minutes for example was a very useful feature of slack, so that I could snooze the notification and be reminded of it at a more opportune time. Giving a range of snooze times is also super handy for accomplishing this, as well as the ability to resnooze for subsequent periods. For example on slack you can snooze a notification for 20 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours,…

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mute team notifications on channels and teams when team is not favorite

When you don't want to leave the team, but it is not actively worked on (so, it is not favorite) , there needs to be a option to mute all team and channel atmention notifications from it. I would want to stick in the team so I can be atmentioned when needed.

Currently, if you unfavorite team you still get notications
    - when somebody atmentions the team (as per documentation)
    - when somebody atmentions a channel that is favorite (even when the team is unfavorited)
    - when somebody atmentions general channel of unfavorited team (since you can't unfavorite general)

Now…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Respect Focus Assist

Teams should respect Windows Focus Assist settings. I'm not even sure how apps are allowed to override Windows settings like this.
    I put Windows Focus Assist into Alarms Only mode so I could record screen captures and I Teams kept popping up notifications over my application. I had to completely exit Teams so I could finish my task.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I am getting "You've got new notifications in Microsoft Teams" emails about messages I've seen and responded to hours ago

Seems like this just started today. I am getting "You've got new notifications in Microsoft Teams" emails about messages I've seen and responded to hours ago, so as today has gone on I am continually getting these emails. It seems like Teams server doesn't realize I'm logged in and using Teams (Win 10 desktop) client and have viewed all messages I've received.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pause Notifications Temporarily

When in meetings or other concentrated workflows, it is not easy to pause notifications for a brief period of time without going through the full notifications settings. Can you add a pause feature where you can select the amount of time to pause all notifications?

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically clear activity when the activity is viewed without requiring switching to the activity page

I get a pop up notification of a new message in a channel.
    I alt-tab to teams. I'm already in the channel, so I see the new message.
    Why does 'Activity' still have a number telling me I haven't seen this new message? Don't make me switch to the activity page to clear the indicator. Clear the indicator automatically when Teams gains focus with the channel that has new activity already selected.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Chat notifications are hard to see

Using the dark theme, I have to hunt around a bit to find chats with new messages. Since the only notification that a chat with a specific person has new messages is that the text is bolded, it's easy to miss. Would be nice if new chats bubbled up to an "active chats" group or something like that. Or maybe a red notification as to how many chats I haven't read, similar to the one on the "Chat" tab, but specific to a chat.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mark message as read directly from notifications.

We send/receive a lot of short messages that can be read in their entirety from their notifications. Since there's no way to mark a message as read directly from the notification, we basically have to dismiss the message "twice": clear the notification itself and then click into the desktop app to clear the red unread badges. It would be great time/click saver if there were a way to mark a message as being read directly from the notification itself.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Phone ring

Please add the device choice for incoming call ringing,
    as it was possible in skype business.

Computer loudspeaker ring, and not that the ringtone arrives in the headphones.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Silence notifications for selected team

I am a member of several teams but I only want notifications for my main/home team. Should be able to silence notifications on a per team basis. Per channel for that matter. Do it like Facebook. On any notification you receive, long press and choose "stop receiving notifications for this team/channel/conversation/person"... etc.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Uploads notification

There is currently no setting for new uploads / changes notifications. This would be extremely useful.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to @tag all members of a team/channel in a message/post.

Ability to use @everyone or @channel tags to mention everyone on the team or channel in my post.This way, I can ensure that everyone on the team, or specific channel are notified about my message/post (Specifically useful when members have their notification settings are set to "Send me notifications for: Mentions only".).

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Just type “@general” in any channel in the team, and it will notify and alert everyone in that team of the message.

14. Deleted conversation entries are still shown under Activity

My college replied to a team conversation which mentioned me in the text and deleted the reply again shortly after.

When I opened MS teams later I got a notification under Activity. Clicking this activity opened the according conversation but of course marked nothing.

--> Very confusing, as I had to talk to my college to figure out, that she deleted the reply and the Activity notification is just not deleted accordingly.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Taskbar Icon with Notification

On the far bottom right small icons, can we get a little red flag or something when there are unread messages. Like in Slack.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Better notification control, especially sound options

Right now (3/5/19 update) the only options for sound notifications are All; call, mention, and chat; Off.

I want sound notifications for call, but not chat or mention. Grouping calls with chats for sound notifications is odd - calls are usually important but sound notifications for every chat message is excessive.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. notifications

Chat Notifcations
    Currently if you have a chat with multiple members you get a notification for every single message even if they are in rapid succession. Can you allow for notifications based on keywords or only if a message hasn't been sent after a certain time period?

As it is you can only fully turn off notifications or fully turn them on and in chats with active discussion you get blasted with notifications.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add message to "you got a new team"-email

When I add new members to a team I would like to add a message to the "you got a new team"-email. Just like that I can add a message when I share a file from OneDrive or SharePoint.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow for Secure Notification Banners without Text

Please allow for Banner notifications to have a function where the banner only shows who the message is coming from and not display text. This is a more secure/private notification function that is easier to recognize than a the desktop icon that blinks.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can you indicate the message was already "read" or "seen", also include the time and day it was read.

Can you indicate the message was already "read" or "seen", also include the time and day it was read.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.