Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On the "PTSN and SMS Usage Report" .csv, display transferred calls and the Call Queue

The current "PTSN and SMS Usage Report" csv export does not include any detail on transferred calls. Our business is setup where all inbound PTSN phone calls go to our main line which is answered by one of several receptionist users in a call queue. They then transfer the call to the user who the caller requests. When the receptionist transfers the call, the report doesn't show this information.

For example, in the attached image, the Caller ID number called our main line and spoke with reception for 36 seconds. Then the call was transferred to the end user who…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete/Hide all messages from a channel

Similarly to clearing logs, it would be very useful if the team owners can clear out all the previous messages in a channel.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include PowerShell cmdlets for Teams Device configuration

Upon searching the list of PowerShell cmdlets for Teams, it doesn't mention anything that configures Devices found in Teams Admin Center > Devices > Configuration Profiles

I'd like to request that more cmdlets be added for Teams PowerShell most especially for configuring the Devices

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Are users email addresses visible to Guests in Teams? If so, this may be a GDPR issue, and needs some way to hide the address.

Guests may not wish their contact information to be generally available to all members in an organisation or, more particularly, to other external users.. Some way to hide this information from general users or guest, controllable by an owner may be the way forward. Some type of alias for their address would be better.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sign in after password change is broken

My 365 password changed today. The Windows Teams app says "your password was changed. Please sign in again"

I click on the "Sign in" button, but all that does is restart Teams and the same message appears again

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Compliance

Teams needs to be able to journal messages for compliance. The internal compliance is weak and does not meet the requirements for any regulated financial company. We are Sunsetting teams for all of our pilot group despite users loving it because we just could not make it pass compliance muster..

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Built in report in MS Teams admin center for all exising teams and export to CSV

A built in report of all public and private teams with details that could be exported to CSV from within the MS Teams Admin Center UI

CASE# 11680995

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Do not auto-generate Teams shortcut in the desktop

If you install Office 365 ProPlus with Teams desktop app, the shortcut of Teams is automatically generated in the desktop after you login to the O365 service.

I would like you to make improve this behavior to stop auto-creation of Teams shortcut icon.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Develop a Teams "Read-Only" O365 Admin Role for the Tier-1 Support Persona

None of the Teams Administration roles provide a "Read-Only" view of user and policy configurations as to allow a Tier-1 help-desk support agent to triage functional issues / limitations reported by a Teams user.

What Why cant I schedule meetings in Teams?
    Why don't I have a Chat icon?
    What Meeting Policy do I have?
    I forgot my conferencing PIN.
    I can't schedule audio conferences.
    Why can't I make outside calls?

Without this Teams :Read-Only" role, it is impossible for a Tier-1 support agent to know what policies a user is assigned to and how each policy is configured WITHOUT…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Convert existing Team to Education Class

The idea is to convert existing Teams to Education Class?

Creating Classes with the EducationClass Template works fine but why not updating an existing team?

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adding Delegation Groups

In large companies it is common for partners to be supported by more than one assistant or a shared team. In order not to set up delegation rights in teams for each individual person, it would be useful if you could also add groups.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Increase Performance for Desktop App

Increase navigation performance when browsing thru menus.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make UnifiedGroupWelcomeMessageEnabled Work for Teams

Scenario: setting this setting to false to prevent a welcome message spamming a large group upon creation/addition then adding the members to the O365 Group via Exchange Admin Center - members do not receive welcome message as expected. Adding these members via Teams client - members DO receive the welcome message, and the setting is apparently ignored. This is bad because suggested group membership practice by Microsoft is as follows:

"Best practice for managing Teams members: Add and remove members from the Teams client to ensure that the correct cascading access control to other dependent cloud applications is applied. Additionally,…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Team Guest User

Guest users are now available in Teams. The Add-TeamUser command only works for tenant addresses. Request the ability to add guest members via PowerShell.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display more than 400 user in Admin Center

Display more than 400 users in the Teams Admin Center. At present it's limited to 400 users which means that some functionality such as applying policies and call history is not accessible via the web UI.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Want to customize the Date range option for Analytics & reports in Microsoft Teams admin center

It would be great that you could provide an optional setting for the Date range.

Currently we only select Last 7 days or Last 28 days to export Analytics & reports in Microsoft Teams admin center.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restrict ability to start new conversation (thread)

It would be helpful to restrict the ability to start a new conversation to specific users in the channel.
    This would allow those users to post conversation starters and others could only reply.
    Since the focus in channels defaults to the "start new conversation", most users do not realize they are not actually replying to a previous conversation.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow us to build custom Calling Policies in MS Teams

Currently its only possible to use the default MS Team pollicies for Calling (AllowCalling, DisallowCalling, AllowCallingPreventTollBypass, AllowCallingPreventForwardingtoPhone) however we would like to create out own. For example we would like to allow the calling but prevent to call a whole group. We have some users who miss use this feature and made a lot of our users unhappy. We tried to fix that via an education but a lot of users still do not understand that feature, so we would like to control that via fine grained Policy.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to Change Team Type

When I set up a team, because it's a work team I selected Staff. That gave me the staff notebook and all associated weirdness.

I want to just have my old normal notebook back, but every time I delete all the sections (Collaboration, Content Library, section group for every team member) they respawn.

Now I know this, I'm going to have to nuke the current team, and recreate it with the settings for "anyone" rather than "staff" and copy all my stuff across.

Just being able to change the team type would fix all of this.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Admin setting to move the Default Tabs in each Channel

Allow Admins to Reorder all tabs within a channel including:
    - Conversations
    - Files

28 votes