Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. change email address or create a alias mail address

Hi,

I love teams
    However we strating office 365 for a few months ago.
    At that timne a created the necassary groups and distribution lists.
    everytime worked fine.

office365 groups were new for me so I didn't use them.
    for two weeks ago I started to explore teams and create a ream foir our ICT department.
    We start using it and had a lot of channels and discussion creaed since then.

yesterday I saw office365 created a office365 group for this team whice is shown in de company addresslist. this group has also, san unwanted mail address.

Right now in…

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cross team channels

It would be good to have the option of creating channels that span multiple teams. This is great of matrix type organisations where you may have portfolio type teams (Marketing, IT, HR etc), but have cross team functions like Project Management. In that case we would be able to create a channel that is visible within all selected teams and members therein, while preserving other channels to be private within individual teams.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. UnMute

When in a meeting, presenters can mute individuals or mute all, but unable to unmute!

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Acknowledge exceptions for third party cookies instead of demanding a huge security hole!

I tried Chrome, IE 11, and Edge (don't get me started on the Edge issues!) and all required that third party cookies be fully enabled. It would not acknowledge an exception for all teams.microsoft.com addresses.

IE 11 is riddled with script errors and it prevents the download of the desktop app.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Admin Control - Connectors

I would like to be able to have admin control over which Connectors are available for use with Microsoft Teams. These controls do not appear to be present today. For example I want to block the Facebook and Twitter connectors from use in our entire org with Microsoft Teams.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft Teams Call Queues and AA Reporting

Microsoft Teams Call Queues and AA Reporting.

Features like, Abandoned Call Reporting, Average Wait Time etc.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to switch between accounts

Need the ability to switch between accounts without having to log out and sign in.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3rd party App - audit apps to see who is using or setup a 3rd party app and track usage

3rd party App - audit apps to see who is using or setup a 3rd party app and track usage. As we disable 3rd party apps we need a way to audit currently used ones and reenable on an individual app basis. Now we have no idea what apps are being used and who has enabled or started using them. If we disable these we will have impact to our end users.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow admins to manage channel membership

By default all team members are added to all channels. Admins should be able to add/remove team members from channels, and should also be able to disable the default behavior of having all team members automatically added to newly created channels.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Option to disable Store Function

This is related to the below Option.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18585292-ability-to-disable-some-tab-app-tiles

Have received several requests from companys requesting that they need to limit what apps the user can add to a team.

Admins should have the ability to not only limit what tabs/apps the users see but also disable the Store feature completely.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Disable exit notifications for channels

We need the ability to disable exit notifications on a teams channels. For example when a user is terminated and we remove their license we don't want a notification going out to everyone that the user has been removed from the team. For HR reasons we want to communicate a persons termination through email, rather than have people get immediate notifications before we have the chance to communicate clearly with our team. Having the option to turn this post off would be ideal.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Storage Metrics visible for Team Owners

The storage metrics (storage utilization, quota) can be found on any site collection under Site Collection Administration. However, only the Site Collection admins can view them; there seems to be no feature available to make these metrics visible for any of the 'plain' Team's users.

Please make the above-mentioned storage metrics available at least to the Team owners, without requiring admin rights!

Reason for this uservoice: We had several cases where Team members and owners were caught by surprise with a sudden "Storage limit reached" notification.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Disabling OneDrive within Teams Cloud Storage

I would like to be able to disable OneDrive within our Teams Cloud storage options. We do not use OneDrive and its confusing having another storage application we don't use.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create different permissions for different group members

In Teams, I have set up a group with 3 channels. I have files saved to specific tabs in each channel and would like for some members of the team who are not active participants to not be able to edit files posted a variety of channels. Can I not give some group members of the team limited permissions rather than a full-fledged read/write permissions?

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Prevent Users from Joining External Tenants as Guest

In Skype for Business we had the ability to block our users from communicating with external users. We would like the ability to block our users from joining external tenants as guest to prevent data leak.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to determine inactive users

It would be good to have a quick and easy way for Admins and more importantly owners of Teams to quickly see anyone that is not really making use of the Team or contributing to it and therefore make an informed decision as to whether or not to remove them.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. delete the conversations

It is very necessesary to delete the conversations or ability a pasword to acces. When I open my pc the first think it appears is my conversations displayed .

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need the opportunity to unmute all participants on the meeting.

An Admin setting needs to be available so when a meeting is set up you can opt to un-mute all participants who join and give them the option of muting themselves. Also, the meeting owners need the ability to unmute participants.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to disable banner while still receiving notification

We would like to have an option that disables the pop-up notification but still allows the icon to blink on the taskbar, like Skype or Skype for Business.
    Currently we only have the option to have the pop-up banners which are intrusive on a single screen setup, or to disable them completely.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base