Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block change picture

In Skype for Business we were able to prevent users from uploading pictures for their avatar. This was done from a PowerShell script that modified the OWA policy. We should have the same option with Teams. Hopefully in UI instead of PS.

841 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

169 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This item is still in the works, no new details to share yet.
    -Warren

2. Developer API to read/create teams and channels in them.

Slack has dev api to list teams/channels and perform bunch of management operations. It would be great if there's something similar available in Microsoft Teams as well.

612 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This item is still in the works. I’m waiting for additional details from the feature team and hope to be able to share something more detailed soon.

-Warren

3. Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Raising this again as Microsoft closed the previous request, saying it was complete even though it was not. (link below)

Teams should install to the program files directory, not the users AppData.

And NO, the answer is not to put a copy of the MSI in Pogram Files and deploy to the users AppData when they login.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17380159-improve-install-options-install-for-all-users-an

446 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow global admin to be able to see all Teams (or sites) at one location or one page

It would be great from management point of view if we could see a list of all teams or their related sites from sharepoint at one location.
    That way we'll know what all teams are there and it would be easy to navigate.

438 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow the central administration of Teams

Currently an Admin cannot use the Admin app to centrally administer Groups, Planners and Teams. This creates a number of risks for an organisation: 1) unable to manage ownership; 2) unable to manage storage; 3) unable to manage information life cycles. Just to name a few. From a security and compliance point of view a central admin function is highly recommended.

422 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hey everyone — Suphatra’s back! And I’m on the case with this item.

I talked to engineering and I think they don’t understand this request. The requests says “Admin App” — do you mean Admin Center? The O365 portal?

Also, what exactly do you envision for central administration — for example — what can you do now, can’t do, and would like to do with this new feature.

Your feedback will help me get the team to put more resources into this. Thank you!

Suphatra

6. Let admins manage updates

For corporate use please let stop automatic updates and user side updates.
    Admins can deploy updates in a managable way

305 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Default Tab for Channels (Not Conversation)

Allow Admins to set a Default Tab when users open a Channel.

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delete Team without deleting Office Group

I can create a Team and it creates an O365 group. If I delete the Team the O365 group will be deleted too. Good and fine. BUT - If I create a Team an option is offered to create a Team for an existing O365 group. Once created I am unable to delete the Teams Team without deleting the O365 group. Please help.

214 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. There needs to be permissions on channels

This is hugely important as 1 team may have multiple levels of engineers on different levels.

Note, this is a built in feature of Slack.

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Warren responded

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
    Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
    -Warren

10. Usage stats per team

We need to be able to see usage stats per team in admin center. Current stats show usage per user. This tells us very little as a user can be a member of multiple teams. Business area owner and rollout/adoption managers want to be able to select a team and see how much activity per week/month etc. In our case, this is the only metric that they're interested in.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the admin of Teams in Office admin center

Please add the administration of Teams into the Office 365 admin center. In a similar way Groups are managed.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Admin Controlled contact group avaialbe to all Teams users

Administrator 's ability to create a domain wide or tenant wide groups of contacts for example per department that is available to all Teams users like a company directory. Same as in other corporate messaging wherein any changes in the contact will be synced to all clients.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Group Policy Template

When are the Group Policy Templates going to be available for Microsoft Teams? I want to unify desktop app settings at my company (like disabling Skype Integration) but haven't seen a way to currently achieve that.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. change email address or create a alias mail address

Hi,

I love teams
    However we strating office 365 for a few months ago.
    At that timne a created the necassary groups and distribution lists.
    everytime worked fine.

office365 groups were new for me so I didn't use them.
    for two weeks ago I started to explore teams and create a ream foir our ICT department.
    We start using it and had a lot of channels and discussion creaed since then.

yesterday I saw office365 created a office365 group for this team whice is shown in de company addresslist. this group has also, san unwanted mail address.

Right now in…

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Read-Only Files

I would like to be able to adjust member settings such that members only have read-only access to files. Otherwise, the ability to make some files read-only access by members would be another way of accomplishing this. That way only owners can edit it.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to Control Document Edit Permissions

Currently when a document is added to a Team channel, all members of the channel have full edit rights on the document, which could result in documents being modified by too many people. Having the ability to make the file read-only to the channel except for the doc poster, or toggle editability by members of the channel could help doc owners share information without the risk of losing content to zealous editors in the channel.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Warren responded

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
    Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
    -Warren

17. Admin Control - Connectors

I would like to be able to have admin control over which Connectors are available for use with Microsoft Teams. These controls do not appear to be present today. For example I want to block the Facebook and Twitter connectors from use in our entire org with Microsoft Teams.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow admins to manage channel membership

By default all team members are added to all channels. Admins should be able to add/remove team members from channels, and should also be able to disable the default behavior of having all team members automatically added to newly created channels.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. archive

I would like to be able to archive channels within a team. Right now i can just archive the whole team

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Channel moderators and owners can delete unwanted conversation traffic on a channel

As a channel owner, it would be very useful to be able to delete unwanted conversation traffic from a channel and to designate one or moderators to be able to manage conversation traffic - approve posts or remove unwanted posts

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.