Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change organization name on Free version

I created a free Teams account with a dummy name to try it out. I like the app, but now I want to change it to something actually useful. However, I have no option to do so, nor can I remove my account and start over.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an outside person of the team in a channel

We should be able to add someone to only one channel on a teams. Like an outside consultant that doesn't need the files archives afterward and is not in the teams, but an outside ressource for the matter in the channel

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Limiting deletion of teams by the team owner

Request to implement a feature that prohibits the team owner from deleting his/her teams in Microsoft Teams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. provide channel level security & show who is online like most social media apps

provide channel level security & show who is online like most social media apps

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set right to chanel

I would like to have the possibility to set other right in Chanel! The group have 10 members and I would like 5 for one Chanel and 5 for an other Chanel!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Do simple as slack

If your AD isn’t the same AD Enterprise, you cannot connect with vsts. Notifications are horrible, you need to enable notifications instead of disable them. The interface is unfriendly as possible. The app for Mac, iPhone, Android, and windows are actually heavy. Slack is simple, Teams is really really complicated.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Launch Settings?

Can you (or I) turn off the automatic launching of the Teams app when my computer boots? I would prefer to launch it manually when needed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Office Deployment Toolkit

If Teams is truly intended to replace Skype for Business (in the cloud), please include it for deployment through the Office Deployment Toolkit like Skype. Respectfully, I'm not going to waste the time to download another installer and setup another deployment for conferencing that my users can handle in Skype for Business just as easily. Thanks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Posibility to apply a naming convention when user goes to create a new Team

Posibility to apply a naming convention or prefix policy when user goes to create a new Team

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support Azure Conditional Access in Microsoft Teams PowerShell module

Connect-MicrosoftTeams PowerShell cmdlet doesn't support Azure Conditional Access.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add ability to allow/block chat with external users individually

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    外部ユーザーとのチャットを個別に許可、ブロックする機能の追加希望

Add ability to allow/block chat with external users individually
    ■Description(内容):
    特定の外部テナント内のユーザーごとにチャットを許可、ブロックすることができるように、ユーザーのチャットを個別に制御する機能の追加を希望します。

Provide ability to allow/block chat with external users individually so that we will be able to restrict chat with external users in specific tenants.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Centralized administrative control feature for notification mails

Admin is unable to have a centralized control over the setting for notification mails to users by using GUI or Windows PowerShell today.
    Specifically, I would like to block sending the “Trend” mails to users who don’t usually use Microsoft Teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable selecting multiple accounts by using the pull-down menu in Microsoft Teams

I own multiple accounts and would like to switch them to work simultaneously in Microsoft Teams.
    We can switch the accounts from the pull-down menu when joining a team as a guest user. So, we would like to use the same functionality when joining teams as a team member.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add option to delete a device in Dashboard \ Manage devices

There are only options to edit, not to delete. Two identical entries were automatically created for the same device and I cannot delete one of them.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. prevent renaming Teams for owners

We try to keep a naming convention for Teams in our business. However, if Team Owners are able to rename their teams, we can not keep the naming convention

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. audio message

disable audio messages for the whole tenant.

if user send audio messages to teams, it is hard to search and detect words that users put in the conversation.

we also need an option to allow user block receiving Audio message

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to delete “this message has been deleted” in Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams デスクトップアプリのチャットからメッセージを削除した際の表示について

Allow deleting “this message has been deleted” message in Teams desk top app
    Teams のチャットでメッセージを削除すると、削除した側に "削除されました" とメッセージが表示されるが、すぐにメッセージを消す機能を実装してほしい

Allow deleting “this message has been deleted” message, or, allow hiding deleted message. Most of time, we do not want to see the "This message has been deleted" line showing.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Set different startpage per channel

Make it possible to set another starting page then the conversation page in a channel. So for instance I have a channel that is mainly for documents, so it would be usefull if a user clicks on the channel he/she immediately goes to the documents tab not to the conversation.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. File upload limit

Need admin settings to control the max size of files that can be uploaded on Teams.

This is an issue especially for regulated firms (financial services & government in particular) that require all uploaded content to be captured and archived in context for regulatory compliance.

Given that uploaded files are stored in SharePoint Online, the SPO limit of 15 GB appears to be the max limit currently - which is an issue. Providing a config setting for admins to turn file upload feature on/off along with the ability to define max file size will help more firms adopt Teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be nice if the admin can remove a member on a chatroom if in case they added a wrong user.

It would be nice if the admin can remove a member on a chatroom if in case they added a wrong user.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base