Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export Grades AND Feedback!

When I set kids an assignment, I can export their grades to a .csv file. I want to be able to export the feedback that I give them as well so that I can use this as the base of a mail-merge to parents to show them what grade students got and the reason for a given grade. Back in the good old days when my school used Moodle it was easy to do this but that feature is missing in Teams for Education / assignments.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Host/Presenter Functionality

Teams Meetings desparately needs host functionality. Mute on Entry. Enforced mute. Host only mute all. Host only presenters.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to retain image

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams の画像について

Ability to save the images in Teams

現在の Teams で画像を共有する際には画面下のアップロードアイコンからの共有方法と、イメージをコピー アンド ペーストして貼り付ける方法の 2 種類ございます。
    現時点の動作では、後者の手順で共有を行い長期間 (2 週間程度) 置くと正しく表示されない事象が複数発生します。
    現時点の動作上ファイルのアップロード方法を変更し再周知する事で掌握しておりますが、知識が足りないユーザーも多数存在しているため、コピー アンド ペーストで共有したファイルも長期間保存できるように動作の改善を要望します。

When sharing images by copy and paste, we can only keep it up to 2 weeks, or images will corrupt. We are handling it by changing how we upload images and notify people, though if Teams allow images to be kept more than 2 weeks, that would be better.

Thank you for your consideration.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. external access email address

Teams Admin allows external access at the domain level. I find that this is a potential security issue.
    As the admin, i've only added in one domain to allow external guest access. All subscription users can add external users to that domain.
    But if i was to add a large domain like gmail.com, any user can be added with that domain.
    We should be able to limit guest access to the email address and not just the domain.
    If you add a domain, there should be an option to have wildcards for all users, or the option to put in…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Configuration Profile name be added as a column to the All Devices list

Raising for Tech Community member

n the Teams admin centre under Manage Devices you have All Devices and Configuration Profiles. There is no way to dynamically apply Configuration Profiles at this time, so you have to wait for devices to register (whenever the user decides to finally log into their new device) before you can apply a profile to the device. Until this happens, the phone defaults its time zone to the manufacturer setting. In the case of Yealink, its China. It is hard to detect new devices sans profiles. I'd like to request that the Configuration Profile name be…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Guest Display Name - allow editing

It should be easy to edit a guest display name, after the guest has been added.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Built in report in MS Teams admin center for all exising teams and export to CSV

A built in report of all public and private teams with details that could be exported to CSV from within the MS Teams Admin Center UI

CASE# 11680995

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Turn the **** notifications off!

What the is wrong with the app - I set it out of office cos of holidays and im still getting **** push notification.
    That is so stupid and I can’t even turn it off.
    It’s only an option to get notifications all the time or only when I’m off from desk.
    That’s idiotic!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Office 365 Custom Theme for Teams

Allow teams the ability to show the Custom Theme configured in the Office 365 Administration settings page, Organizational Profile.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Do not disturb

When i put my status to do not disturb i still get messages and notifications from people even when i just select certain people ? I dont think the selection option is saving when i select certain people can someone help me to see if i am doing it wrong or if it just a bug.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to check license when user added to a team.

Currently, owner can add a user who do not assign license.
    Please add a feature to check license when user added to team.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. audit logs search filtering by team name

Currently, when administrators search teams activity in audit log, they can input only user name and file/folder/site for filtering.
    We would like to search by Team (Office 365 group name).

Exported CSV file is to huge, it is difficult to search using this.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Teams owners have permssion to restrict guest access for Teams group

Currently only administrators can change Guest Access for specific Teams Groups by following below guidance.
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Allow-or-Block-Guest-Users-from-a-Specific-Team-in-Microsoft/td-p/175918

Admin receive a lot of requests from Teams owners (end users) asking to disable Guest Access for specific Teams Group. We would like to enable Teams owner to control Guest Access for specific groups.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams automatically starts when i start windows and i don't want it too. Can't find an option to turn that off.

Teams automatically starts when i start windows and i don't want it too. Can't find an option to turn that off.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Delete Threads

Hi,

I think Admins have to have a right to "purify" their channels and remove some conversations completely, for example accidental New messages instead of replies to existing threads. Also for example some already solved questions which does not need to stay there. Currently we can only remove own messages, but as an admin i would like to have an option to clean up the channel as i would like to.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Option to disable Chat with Guests

Our customer uses guest access but they do not want their users to be chatting directly with guests that were added to Teams.

Ideally this option should limit guest users from being able to to do P2p chats and also limit Organization users from initiating p2p chats with Guests.

The Guests should be able to chat within the teams that they were added as a guest to.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Launch Settings?

Can you (or I) turn off the automatic launching of the Teams app when my computer boots? I would prefer to launch it manually when needed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sentiment Analysis

Hi, it would be great to have the ability to see sentiment and word analysis (eg. Word Cloud) for an organisation and at a team level? Tks.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Push out updates for Teams faster

The release notes where updated 2 days ago and I still haven't gotten the new version even if I click the check for updates option (currently on 0.7.0.5803). The option to see the current version ("About") also seems to have been removed from the menu (you now have to check properties for the exe file).

I think not having the latest version is causing problems with status for me and all my colleagues since that was changed in the last update.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. About call quality questionnaires

I want a feature that does not display the questionnaire for evaluating call quality

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base