Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not disturb

When i put my status to do not disturb i still get messages and notifications from people even when i just select certain people ? I dont think the selection option is saving when i select certain people can someone help me to see if i am doing it wrong or if it just a bug.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to check license when user added to a team.

Currently, owner can add a user who do not assign license.
    Please add a feature to check license when user added to team.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. audit logs search filtering by team name

Currently, when administrators search teams activity in audit log, they can input only user name and file/folder/site for filtering.
    We would like to search by Team (Office 365 group name).

Exported CSV file is to huge, it is difficult to search using this.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable Teams owners have permssion to restrict guest access for Teams group

Currently only administrators can change Guest Access for specific Teams Groups by following below guidance.
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Allow-or-Block-Guest-Users-from-a-Specific-Team-in-Microsoft/td-p/175918

Admin receive a lot of requests from Teams owners (end users) asking to disable Guest Access for specific Teams Group. We would like to enable Teams owner to control Guest Access for specific groups.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Option to disable Chat with Guests

Our customer uses guest access but they do not want their users to be chatting directly with guests that were added to Teams.

Ideally this option should limit guest users from being able to to do P2p chats and also limit Organization users from initiating p2p chats with Guests.

The Guests should be able to chat within the teams that they were added as a guest to.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sentiment Analysis

Hi, it would be great to have the ability to see sentiment and word analysis (eg. Word Cloud) for an organisation and at a team level? Tks.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Push out updates for Teams faster

The release notes where updated 2 days ago and I still haven't gotten the new version even if I click the check for updates option (currently on 0.7.0.5803). The option to see the current version ("About") also seems to have been removed from the menu (you now have to check properties for the exe file).

I think not having the latest version is causing problems with status for me and all my colleagues since that was changed in the last update.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Want to customize the Date range option for Analytics & reports in Microsoft Teams admin center

It would be great that you could provide an optional setting for the Date range.

Currently we only select Last 7 days or Last 28 days to export Analytics & reports in Microsoft Teams admin center.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. About call quality questionnaires

I want a feature that does not display the questionnaire for evaluating call quality

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow bulk setting “Register Teams as the chat app for Office"

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    [Teams を Office 用のチャット アプリとして登録します] 機能を一括で設定する

Allow bulk setting “Register Teams as the chat app for Office"
    ■Description(内容):
    [Teams を Office 用のチャット アプリとして登録します] 機能は現在ユーザー単位でしか設定を変更することができません。
    管理者が一元管理できるように管理者で設定する機能の拡充を要望します

Currently, the setting "Register Teams as the chat app for Office" can be set from users’ side only.
    For improvement of manageability for admins, allow admins to set this setting instead of users.

Thank you for your consideration.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Limit 5000 users

We are 10,000 employees and want to be able to communicate to everyone in a team. Teams have a limit of 5000 users so we will probably choose another tool for our organization. When will this limitation disappear?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Configuration Profile name be added as a column to the All Devices list

Raising for Tech Community member

n the Teams admin centre under Manage Devices you have All Devices and Configuration Profiles. There is no way to dynamically apply Configuration Profiles at this time, so you have to wait for devices to register (whenever the user decides to finally log into their new device) before you can apply a profile to the device. Until this happens, the phone defaults its time zone to the manufacturer setting. In the case of Yealink, its China. It is hard to detect new devices sans profiles. I'd like to request that the Configuration Profile name be…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Guest Display Name - allow editing

It should be easy to edit a guest display name, after the guest has been added.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SendEmailFromAddress and SendEmailFromDisplayName attributes enabled for Teams Only mode

Please update the ability to manage Audio Conferencing settings for Teams just described in this article

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/audio-conferencing-in-office-365/manage-the-audio-conferencing-settings-for-my-organization

Currently getting the following errors when modifying these attributes.
    WARNING: The property "SendEmailFromOverride" has been deprecated and may be removed in future versions.
    WARNING: The property "SendEmailFromAddress" has been deprecated and may be removed in future versions.
    WARNING: The property "SendEmailFromDisplayName" has been deprecated and may be removed in future versions

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change organization name on Free version

I created a free Teams account with a dummy name to try it out. I like the app, but now I want to change it to something actually useful. However, I have no option to do so, nor can I remove my account and start over.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add an outside person of the team in a channel

We should be able to add someone to only one channel on a teams. Like an outside consultant that doesn't need the files archives afterward and is not in the teams, but an outside ressource for the matter in the channel

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be good to be able to copy folder structures, so when setting up a template team and copying it, you don't have to re-do

It would be good to be able to copy folder structures, so when setting up a template team and copying it, you don't have to re-do

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Limiting deletion of teams by the team owner

Request to implement a feature that prohibits the team owner from deleting his/her teams in Microsoft Teams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to set multiple user roles / tags

Add an ability for team admin/owner to assign one or more "roles" to team members.

E.g. User1 will have role1, role2, role3
    User2 will have role2, role4

In a channel, I can @role2 and all users with that role tag will be notified.

In addition to setting roles, the admin can also set channel permissions depending on the role.

E.g. channel1 is only read-access to role1 and role2 (they cannot post)
    channel2 is full access to role1, read-access to role3

Hint: Similar to Discord :D

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. provide channel level security & show who is online like most social media apps

provide channel level security & show who is online like most social media apps

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.