Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restrict Sideloading of custom app per user or per team

Restrict Sideloading of custom app per user or per team by user policy or ad group from Teams Admin Center. (side load, sideloading, side-load, custom app, custom build apps).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access / Permissions to files

I need a means to provide different access rights or permissions per file per user. As with Gdrive, I am able to lock a file down and/or open it up on a per user basis, determined when the user is added to the team. My teams are internal and with Clients. Access for my clients is much different than for my internal resources.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Limit the types of Teams a user can create

There are different kinds of teams. An Educational tenant for example has the flowing types:
    - Normal team
    - PLC team
    - Staff team
    - Classroom team

In order to deploy Teams to all users, we need the ability to specify which types of teams a user can create, preferably based on group membership. In our case we want all users to be able to create a normal team, but only a limited amount of users to create the other team types.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Anonymous Join function of Microsoft Teams

There is a limited access to share file or screen when joining anonymously into meeting in Microsoft Teams. However, we would like to allow anonymous users to use those functions in some scenarios.
    Not completely prohibit them to upload or to share screen, we would propose that an admin to manage their access to share file and screen.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get-Team without needing to be a member of the team

The Get-Team commandlet of the Teams module has one big flaw. You can only get teams that the current signed inn user is a member of. It does not help to be a global admin.
    For now you have to rely on using office 365 groups commandlets to check if a group is Teams enabled.
    https://alexholmeset.blog/2018/01/12/check-if-office-365-group-is-teams-enabled/

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. settings

I do not see Settings Icon on left down menu like in demo for desktop.
    My icon there is Feedback. So were is Settings?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Implement individual permissions

I noticed that permissions on files and folders are managed based on groups, it will be good if it can be assigned to individuals.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Manage who can create Teams

So many O365 admins are controlling O365 Group names and now Team creations are messing up the O365 Group naming conventions.

Here is an excellent guide how to set O365 Security Group to control who can create O365 Group and how to setup Naming policies for O365 Groups.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-who-can-create-Office-365-Groups-4c46c8cb-17d0-44b5-9776-005fced8e618?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Office-365-Groups-naming-policy-6ceca4d3-cad1-4532-9f0f-d469dfbbb552

As Team automatically creates O365 Groups, this should be identical or similar features to 1) manage who can create teams and 2) set Teams' naming policies.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Prevent Users from Joining External Tenants as Guest

In Skype for Business we had the ability to block our users from communicating with external users. We would like the ability to block our users from joining external tenants as guest to prevent data leak.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Turn the **** notifications off!

What the **** is wrong with the **** app - I set it out of office cos of holidays and im still getting **** push notification.
    That is so stupid and I can’t even turn it off.
    It’s only an option to get notifications all the time or only when I’m off from desk.
    That’s idiotic!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to check license when user added to a team.

Currently, owner can add a user who do not assign license.
    Please add a feature to check license when user added to team.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. audit logs search filtering by team name

Currently, when administrators search teams activity in audit log, they can input only user name and file/folder/site for filtering.
    We would like to search by Team (Office 365 group name).

Exported CSV file is to huge, it is difficult to search using this.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Teams owners have permssion to restrict guest access for Teams group

Currently only administrators can change Guest Access for specific Teams Groups by following below guidance.
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Allow-or-Block-Guest-Users-from-a-Specific-Team-in-Microsoft/td-p/175918

Admin receive a lot of requests from Teams owners (end users) asking to disable Guest Access for specific Teams Group. We would like to enable Teams owner to control Guest Access for specific groups.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Option to disable Chat with Guests

Our customer uses guest access but they do not want their users to be chatting directly with guests that were added to Teams.

Ideally this option should limit guest users from being able to to do P2p chats and also limit Organization users from initiating p2p chats with Guests.

The Guests should be able to chat within the teams that they were added as a guest to.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export Grades AND Feedback!

When I set kids an assignment, I can export their grades to a .csv file. I want to be able to export the feedback that I give them as well so that I can use this as the base of a mail-merge to parents to show them what grade students got and the reason for a given grade. Back in the good old days when my school used Moodle it was easy to do this but that feature is missing in Teams for Education / assignments.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Push out updates for Teams faster

The release notes where updated 2 days ago and I still haven't gotten the new version even if I click the check for updates option (currently on 0.7.0.5803). The option to see the current version ("About") also seems to have been removed from the menu (you now have to check properties for the exe file).

I think not having the latest version is causing problems with status for me and all my colleagues since that was changed in the last update.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Disable exit notifications for channels

We need the ability to disable exit notifications on a teams channels. For example when a user is terminated and we remove their license we don't want a notification going out to everyone that the user has been removed from the team. For HR reasons we want to communicate a persons termination through email, rather than have people get immediate notifications before we have the chance to communicate clearly with our team. Having the option to turn this post off would be ideal.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. print

Printing option straight from Teams, rather than downloading first to print.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make microsoft team function on Apple watch.

Make Microsoft team function in Apple Watch.
    So can read write message and also check event.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Guest Display Name - allow editing

It should be easy to edit a guest display name, after the guest has been added.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.