Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restrict publishing permissions for members on all channels

Restrict publishing permissions for members on all channels

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Schedual reoccurring messages/task

I would like to be able to schedual reoccuring task or messages. For example I would like to be able to have a certain message appear in a channel every month/week/day that says for example "Don't forgett to turn of the lights in the office when you leave".

Thank you!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Manage who can create Teams

So many O365 admins are controlling O365 Group names and now Team creations are messing up the O365 Group naming conventions.

Here is an excellent guide how to set O365 Security Group to control who can create O365 Group and how to setup Naming policies for O365 Groups.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-who-can-create-Office-365-Groups-4c46c8cb-17d0-44b5-9776-005fced8e618?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Office-365-Groups-naming-policy-6ceca4d3-cad1-4532-9f0f-d469dfbbb552

As Team automatically creates O365 Groups, this should be identical or similar features to 1) manage who can create teams and 2) set Teams' naming policies.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Follow Skype for Business License for Chat in Teams

I work in the education sector and have over 1 million licenses we look after. 99% of these are not licensed to use skype for business because they do not want users to be chatting during lessons (K-12). This is for esafety reasons and prevent bullying when teh school dont have the time or resources to monitor this. For those that have, they can get a copy of the conversation history as it is stored in teh users mailboxes.

Teams does not follow any of this and some of my larger customers will not adopt Teams until the chat facility…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  3 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Office 365 Groups and Team Membership

It is possible to get into an orphaned Team state where there are no "Owners" within Teams, but adding a member to O365 group does not add that as the owner within Teams.

This makes it possible to lock yourself out of Teams if the last owner leaves the team, it is not possible to add another member.

We tested this on May 19th/20th. Removing a member from the O365 did not remove them from Teams, and an Owner on the O365 group could not see the team unless they were added from within Teams.

When adding a member to…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Transfer ownership

There seems to be no way to transfer ownership of a team from a sole owner who has had their credentials revoked. Changing ownership in the Admin App seems to only affect the 365 group, and has no effect on the team in the Teams App.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to retain image

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams の画像について

Ability to save the images in Teams
    現在の Teams で画像を共有する際には画面下のアップロードアイコンからの共有方法と、イメージをコピー アンド ペーストして貼り付ける方法の 2 種類ございます。
    現時点の動作では、後者の手順で共有を行い長期間 (2 週間程度) 置くと正しく表示されない事象が複数発生します。
    現時点の動作上ファイルのアップロード方法を変更し再周知する事で掌握しておりますが、知識が足りないユーザーも多数存在しているため、コピー アンド ペーストで共有したファイルも長期間保存できるように動作の改善を要望します。

When sharing images by copy and paste, we can only keep it up to 2 weeks, or images will corrupt. We are handling it by changing how we upload images and notify people, though if Teams allow images to be kept more than 2 weeks, that would be better.

Thank you for your consideration.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Handle multiple expiration policies for the different types of teams

Only one expiration policy can set up in O365 groups. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/users-groups-roles/groups-lifecycle

We like to handle multiple expiration policies for the different types of teams.

Could you please add option to add expiration policy based on groups category/department.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Speed up the propagation process in admin center

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ゲストアクセスの設定について

Speed up the propagation process in Microsoft Teams & Skype for Business admin center
    Microsoft Teams & Skype for Business 管理センターのゲストアクセスの設定を変更した際、反映まで時間がかかるので、改善してほしい

When changes are made to guest access settings in Microsoft Teams & Skype for Business admin center, it will take some time before that change reflects across the tenant. Speed up the propagation process.

Thank you for your consideration.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. API for Call Quality Dashboard

As an Admin I want have API so I can integrate Call Quality Dashboard calls statistics and quality metrics into my system. Also, some API for some real-time calls monitoring will be definitely nice.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Prevent Users from Joining External Tenants as Guest

In Skype for Business we had the ability to block our users from communicating with external users. We would like the ability to block our users from joining external tenants as guest to prevent data leak.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Limit the types of Teams a user can create

There are different kinds of teams. An Educational tenant for example has the flowing types:
    - Normal team
    - PLC team
    - Staff team
    - Classroom team

In order to deploy Teams to all users, we need the ability to specify which types of teams a user can create, preferably based on group membership. In our case we want all users to be able to create a normal team, but only a limited amount of users to create the other team types.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Anonymous Join function of Microsoft Teams

There is a limited access to share file or screen when joining anonymously into meeting in Microsoft Teams. However, we would like to allow anonymous users to use those functions in some scenarios.
    Not completely prohibit them to upload or to share screen, we would propose that an admin to manage their access to share file and screen.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Get-Team without needing to be a member of the team

The Get-Team commandlet of the Teams module has one big flaw. You can only get teams that the current signed inn user is a member of. It does not help to be a global admin.
    For now you have to rely on using office 365 groups commandlets to check if a group is Teams enabled.
    https://alexholmeset.blog/2018/01/12/check-if-office-365-group-is-teams-enabled/

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Chance User picture as guest

As a guest, i cant Chance my Profile picture

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Implement individual permissions

I noticed that permissions on files and folders are managed based on groups, it will be good if it can be assigned to individuals.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export Grades AND Feedback!

When I set kids an assignment, I can export their grades to a .csv file. I want to be able to export the feedback that I give them as well so that I can use this as the base of a mail-merge to parents to show them what grade students got and the reason for a given grade. Back in the good old days when my school used Moodle it was easy to do this but that feature is missing in Teams for Education / assignments.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Host/Presenter Functionality

Teams Meetings desparately needs host functionality. Mute on Entry. Enforced mute. Host only mute all. Host only presenters.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Collapse the sections

Please make the wiki sections able to collapse. You can collapse the menu but not the actual sections. It's to difficult to find information when you have to search through all text. collapse to section titles would make that easier. Then you could expand when you found the information you wanted.
    Please add this feature in addition to the move up or move down features.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Turn the **** notifications off!

What the **** is wrong with the **** app - I set it out of office cos of holidays and im still getting **** push notification.
    That is so stupid and I can’t even turn it off.
    It’s only an option to get notifications all the time or only when I’m off from desk.
    That’s idiotic!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.