Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make microsoft team function on Apple watch.

Make Microsoft team function in Apple Watch.
    So can read write message and also check event.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set Expiration Policy Based on Inactivity

We would like an expiration policy based on inactivity, where if a team is inactive after a certain amount of time, it is auto-deleted.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Deployment

Requesting that the Microsoft Teams team meet with the Microsoft ConfigMgr team to collaborate on a sustainable solution for managing Teams through the install and uninstall process on an Enterprise level.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ethical Wall Enforcement

Please add the ability to enforce ethical walls within chats. It does not need to be anything fancy to begin with. A simple "member of group a" can not communicate to "member of group b". Similar to how you can setup ethical walls with Exchange Transport rules. This is a must in certain business and is the only thing blocking a rollout on Teams.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Usage report filter by Team and Channel

I work and manage a support Team that uses Channels to organize support topics. Please build in the ability to measure user activity by channel.

example:
    First tier team has a question about an application and ask in the applications channel for help. Second tier team responds with the answer.

T1 now has a question about account management and they reach out in the account management channel. T2 responds.

How much does John Doe use the Apps Channel vs the Acc Mgmt channel? which topic (channel) has the most questions?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More granular persmission for Teams for their team site

Currently team members can only be given "full control," "edit," or "Read" permissions on their respective team sites. We need a bit more granularity and be able to assign also "Contribute" and other permission levels on each team site.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio Chat Admin Settings

We would like the ability to turn off audio chat in Teams meetings until we have more granular control over the video/audio chat features.

Business case: We have some sites which are bandwidth challenged so we don't want to offer this feature until we can control which sites get it.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Specific Profile Picture

As a user of Teams, I would like the ability to change the picture I have in Teams without affecting the rest of my Office 365 account. I believe this will help give Teams a more creative (rather than corporate) feel, and potentially increase the rate of adoption. I know in my organization, we have been using Skype, and no one has set their Office 365 picture as their Skype picture.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Audio settings offer additional selector for ringing device

as in skype it would be great to be able to choose a different audio device for the incoming call ringtone. Thats good for people that typically use a headset, but are not wearing it all day.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Chat Policy should be Managed by groups not only by user

Chat Policy should be managed by a groud not by user.
    if i have 20 Person who are in a group i want to change the Policy by group and not by 20 person

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Prevent Users from Joining External Tenants as Guest

In Skype for Business we had the ability to block our users from communicating with external users. We would like the ability to block our users from joining external tenants as guest to prevent data leak.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams Service Admin search, view, and edit all Teams in Admin Center

I finally see the Teams widget in my Teams Admin Center but when I search for a team it sometimes retrieves no records - even when I've quadruple checked that I have the Team/Group name exactly right.

1. Search for Teams should be a "contains" search, not a "starts with" search (that is insane, you can't expect Admins to know the exact name of a given group they are looking for)

2. When I do get search results, I can only access teams I am a member of. So I can't do any admin tasks on teams where I'm not…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Access / Permissions to files

I need a means to provide different access rights or permissions per file per user. As with Gdrive, I am able to lock a file down and/or open it up on a per user basis, determined when the user is added to the team. My teams are internal and with Clients. Access for my clients is much different than for my internal resources.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow the Free Teams license to operate like the PowerBI free tier/licensing in o365 admin

Our org uses Azure cloud and PowerBI already and we want to use the new free version of Teams, however the way the free license is setup right now, existing Microsoft Accounts that have any sort of o365 tenant can't use the free version (only buying a full o365 license is an option).
    We'd love to try out teams without having to create a whole new set of email addresses/tenant but we can't. Can you make the free teams license operate similar to the PowerBI Free/Pro license? We have a mix of both free and pro powerbi users in the…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fire whoever built the installer.

Seriously an installer that calls an installer to install into the user profile then opens the program full screen. Configuration in a json file that can't be easily be managed at an enterprise level? What the **** is going on in quality control over there?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow administrator to delete chats and posts from others

Old messages clutter channels. It would be nice to be able to delete other people's old chats if you have Administrator privileges.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. manage app access via group membership

Would be nice to be able to restrict access to enabled, whitelisted apps on a user basis instead of a tenant wide basis, possibly by group membership associated with specific apps. We may not want all users to have access to all the whitelisted apps. Maybe this is on the roadmap in some form already ??

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. settings

I do not see Settings Icon on left down menu like in demo for desktop.
    My icon there is Feedback. So were is Settings?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Schedual reoccurring messages/task

I would like to be able to schedual reoccuring task or messages. For example I would like to be able to have a certain message appear in a channel every month/week/day that says for example "Don't forgett to turn of the lights in the office when you leave".

Thank you!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Restrict Sideloading of custom app per user or per team

Restrict Sideloading of custom app per user or per team by user policy or ad group from Teams Admin Center. (side load, sideloading, side-load, custom app, custom build apps).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base