Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase Performance for Desktop App

Increase navigation performance when browsing thru menus.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to add a 'How to pronounce my name' field under their name in the Identity viewer.

Many people have trouble remembering how to pronounce their coworkers names, and it becomes awkward to ask / mess up their name after a few weeks. It would be awesome if you could see how to pronounce someone's name when you hover over their name in the chat window.

++ Bonus if you could add other custom fields - i.e. gender pronoun.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Admin setting to move the Default Tabs in each Channel

Allow Admins to Reorder all tabs within a channel including:
    - Conversations
    - Files

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. unable to authenticate through browser pop

I am seeing a bug with the Teams’ desktop application (Windows and Mac) that doesn't support advanced security for user authentication.

When using the Teams’ desktop client the tab is unable to complete the authentication which pops a browser window to authenticate the user. The Teams’ web client pops the authentication window and authenticates the Teams’ tab user as expected.

The use case that triggered this: Trying to add a published Smartsheet to a tab in my Teams channel with the Smartsheet sheet publish option "Only available to users in owner's account" enabled.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to Change Team Type

When I set up a team, because it's a work team I selected Staff. That gave me the staff notebook and all associated weirdness.

I want to just have my old normal notebook back, but every time I delete all the sections (Collaboration, Content Library, section group for every team member) they respawn.

Now I know this, I'm going to have to nuke the current team, and recreate it with the settings for "anyone" rather than "staff" and copy all my stuff across.

Just being able to change the team type would fix all of this.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Want to customize the outputs in Teams usage report

It would be great if I could customize outputs retrieved from Microsoft Teams usage report, because the outputs we need is not included in the current reporting data.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Deleting messages

Could the creator of a Team be given the ability to delete other Team members messages from boards? Sometimes they will make mistakes that could be easily corrected by being able to delete them.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Get-teams

The powershell module Microsoft Teams needs improvement. The Get-Teams cmdlet returns only teams that the signed in user is a member of. If a user with permission to create teams creates 500 teams / 365 groups, As an admin, I cannot see which of those is Team enabled if they're private. The ability to have global visibility in the Teams backend is essential for administration and automation.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customize the Team creation interface

Depending on the context of an organization, it may be useful to let tenant administrators to customize the "Add Team" page in order to :
    - Inform about specific practices of Teams in the organization
    - Communicate about legal, terms and conditions before creating a new Team
    - Publish communication and link to a provisionning system that some organization are implementing when preventing user to create Teams directly from the interface.

It could be done by a text panel in the "Add Team" interface. The content of the panel should be editable from the Teams administration interface at the tenant…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More Role Permission

For instance, we need more permitting roles than just owner and member roles

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Microsoft Teams Azure AD Admin Role

Create a Microsoft Teams Azure AD Admin Role for organizations to have a more task oriented Security design around the service. Basically, the Global Admin is very privileged, and the Teams services is not something that a Global Admin, in large enterprises, really needs to management. An Admin role in Azure AD would allow the service management teams for Microsoft Teams to implement settings on the Teams services directly, and create, read, update, delete existing teams. This should be possible leveraging the Microsoft Graph.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Host/Presenter Functionality

Teams Meetings desparately needs host functionality. Mute on Entry. Enforced mute. Host only mute all. Host only presenters.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disable the "Join or create a team" button in the

We have a very big environment and we use a workflow to create new Teams. So I want a way do disable the create team button, because our users are sometimes confused if the want to use it and it is not working (we disabled the out of the box self-service)

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Time out session - keep me signed in

Are there please any session timeouts (after which you have to sign in again) for Teams web client, Windows desktop app and mobile applications? I have been able to find this article, but there is unfortunately nothing about Teams.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Session-timeouts-for-Office-365-37a5c116-5b07-4f70-8333-5b86fd2c3c40

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assignments: Students should be able to respond to a teacher's feedback.

Assignments: Students should be able to respond to a teacher's feedback.
    When creating an assignment it should be able to "check/uncheck" student responds to feedback.
    Just like you can check/uncheck "late hand-in".

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide Last conversation line under then Contact Name

The left box with user names in Chat Tab currently shows the last conversation line under then User name.

This is a big privacy issue. as if anyone oversees my screen while i am using Teams.. its exposing my conversations with others

I am always worried to open the Teams Window in-front of others or while i am sharing the screen, as everyone can see what my last line of conversation is with all colleagues

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow application settings to be administered via Registry / GPO or add to Tenant

Teams needs to have the capability to be managed like the rest of the O365 suite via Registry and/or GPO settings. Things like Startup at login, Start minimized to tray, suppressing the app launch splash screen, suppressing the 'install mobile app' banner, t-bot, app add-ins should all be manageable and in one place.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Activate teams notifications by default

In Microsoft Teams, the notifications have to be activated manually group by group, and this isn't functional.
    Can we work to activiate the notifications for all groups in Microsoft Teams by default?

Thank you for your commets.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display more than 400 user in Admin Center

Display more than 400 users in the Teams Admin Center. At present it's limited to 400 users which means that some functionality such as applying policies and call history is not accessible via the web UI.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disable the Leave the team menu

I would like to disable the Leave the team menu because I don’t want team members to leave team without owner’s approval.

If you can’t provide the feature disabling the menu, I would like you to implement a feature that requires owner’s approval to allow members to leave the teams when clicking Leave the teams menu like when clicking Add member.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base