Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Bug] Error when using New-Team with spaces in Group Name/Description

It seems there is a bug where trying to use PowerShell module 0.9.3, New-Team with a groupID that has a space in the name/description seems to fail. Our format would be "<projNum>.<Client> - <Proj Name>" which doesn't work and returns the following error:

<code>
    New-Team : Error occurred while executing
    Code: ItemNotFound
    Message: Failed to execute MS Graph backend request GetGroupInternalApiRequest. The server failed to respond correctly.
    Response Code: NotFound, Reason: Reason: Not Found, Correlation headers: request-id: de35f8e6-b504-43bc-8c0b-7f5930c9966d
    client-request-id: de35f8e6-b504-43bc-8c0b-7f5930c9966d
    x-ms-ags-diagnostic: {"ServerInfo":{"DataCenter":"East
    Asia","Slice":"SliceC","Ring":"5","ScaleUnit":"001","Host":"AGSFE_IN_4","ADSiteName":"EAS"}}
    Duration: 77.9862
    Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 04:12:00 GMT
    InnerError:
    RequestId: bc243285-be3f-480b-be82-82977a823c20
    DateTimeStamp: 2018-07-26T04:12:01
    HttpStatusCode: ItemNotFound
    At…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reflect members/guest authorization on all channels

When configuring authorization of a Team in Parameter it only reflects on the General channel.

> option 1 : apply the paramters on all channels
    < option 2 : configure authorization by channel. This would be awesome

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We have several teams groups with onmicrosoft email tenant and we will like to use a proxy or alias email for the groups

We have several teams groups with onmicrosoft email tenant and we will like to use a proxy or alias email for the groups

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow License to MS Teams to be added to users that are members of a particular Group in Office365 and to automatically apply the license wh

Allow License to MS Teams to be added to users that are members of a particular Group in Office365 and to automatically apply the MS Teams license to users that are later added to that group by the admin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Limit a team owner to be a member

I would like to limit the act that a team owner changes the membership from the team owner to a general member by himself in Microsoft Teams.

Also, I would like to have a feature limiting the right for team owners.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove entry logs in start of all channels - its more confusing for users than beneficial

Remove entry logs in start of all channels - its more confusing for users than beneficial to see who has been added or removed by IT Dept.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You should not be able to change your own ownership from Owner to Member without being able to revert.

If you inadvertently change your ownership from Owner to Member, you cannot revert. There should be a means to re-establish ownership.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As Admin, make it harder to delete the Team or Channel.

As Admin, make it harder to delete the Team or Channel. Right click menu is the wrong place for it, with too much risk for accidental deletion.

I went to 'Get Link to channel', and almost clicked on 'Delete this channel'. YIKES!

-jm

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I see a lot of problems joing a group in Teams. The main corporate Teams admnistrators should be wanred about setting certain options.

Warn corporate administrators about configuration options. They've removed adding a group and now it's difficult to add a group that you've been added as a member of the group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to turn off the "share" functionality at the tenant level for Microsoft Teams

Sharing with other tenant members outside the team seems to be a "default" setting turned on in Microsoft TEams. Having the possibility to turned it off would increase the Privacy possibilities of Microsoft Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 11011

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Thanks for this excellent tool. Also for all the improvements you are working on.

Yes, Teams is an excellent tool online and app.

Users experience may vary based on their use of other apps. Keep up your good work.

Many Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. お気に入りの登録を強制する機能が欲しい

teamの管理者がチャンネルをメンバーにお気に入りに登録させる機能が欲しい

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include Yammer in the list of default apps able to be enabled/disabled

I would like to have the ability to include Yammer as an app that I can individually select to turn on or off in the MS Teams Tenant-Wide settings in the "Enable default apps" list. Currently I have to set "Allow external apps in Microsoft Teams" to on in order to interact with Yammer cards that result from the connector I have configured.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Housekeeping

After some time conversations become not relevant. Unortunately I cannot delete content : Feeds with connected answer.
    I would like to be able to delete stuff which is out of date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the Teams Tenant Admin Widget Available for all Office 365 Customers

Currently, the Microsoft Teams Tenant Admin Widget/Portal (Side-Load) under the Settings>Services & Add-Ins is not available for all Office 365 subscriptions. If you purchased use of a Office 365 Business (or-Higher) subscription plan through GoDaddy, Rackspace, or any other vendor that offers the plans, the Microsoft Teams Tenant Admin Widget is not available. However, the use of Teams is available is included in the subscriptions plans.

Why is the Teams Tenant Admin portal not visible? Please enable this feature for all Office 365 subscription plans that allow the use of Teams.

For companies that would like to use an innovative…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. poor comunication

Unfortunately, this program is very poor. The notifications arrive very delayed or not at all. Since I want teams as a business solution, this circumstance is not very practice-oriented for us. If I think about Whats app, you have to admit that this is not an issue. Which solution can you offer us? sv (at) salzburgeraufzugdienst.at

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make more customizeable on what you want to

Option on what to see and not. I really don't want or need to see suggested colleagues. I want to see whom is online and not. Also issues with being available/online. I can be working and it goes unavailable on it's own. I have to go to the window and click on something within window (Teams).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have more granular options for "Give Control" in both tenant and at User Level.

When setting the option to allow users to "Give Control" we'd like there to be an option to do this at both the Tenant level (to block or allow) and then at the user level (to block or allow) so as to have an easier time administering this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change Domain PW with Automatic Login Does not work

When you change your domain password, the automatic login uses your existing password and then gives you a message that says log in to enter new password, but as soon as you exit out of the window and reopen, it goes through the same feedback loop automatically where it says wrong password. My IT department had to log in to fix that somehow-- might want to automatically stop the auto login if a PW is incorrect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.