Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Logs me out daily which hinders me from getting vital notifications

Have the service so it doesn’t continuously log you out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. telemetry

besoin ciblé SharePoint, contrairement à SP2013, SPOL ne permet pas aux administrateurs de collections d'être autonome dans l'édition de statistiques des ces collections. la telemetry est accessible uniquement sur l'administration centrale inaccessible des administrateurs de collections.
    l'idée est donc de remettre à la main des administrateurs de collections une console leur permettant d'accéder, d'éditer et exploiter l'ensemble des reportings des collections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I got my service with Verizon 1 949 763 1383 buti

I got a new Verizon service today on Sept 1, 2018, but the Verizon and Google won't let me to sign to MS Team. 1-949-763-1383
    ksolouki007@outlook.com
    Thank You,
    Kambiz Solouki

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Upgrade information could be better (Finnish language)

The page https://support.office.com/fi-fi/article/ryhmien-vapaa-ryhmien-päivittäminen-29475bbd-a34f-4175-9b33-d44430f8ad39?ui=fi-FI&rs=fi-FI&ad=FI that the "Päivitä" (refresh, update) button takes must be machine translated.

Since this is a crucial part of Teams customer engagement (lifting free tier to commercial) I find that it would be in everyone's interest to have the language such that there's less of chances of misunderstanding (due to translation flaws). The current language is barely readable, for a Finn.

Furthermore, the use of "Päivitä" as the term for "Upgrade" (I presume) is confusing me, repeatedly - this is a separate translation issue. I've pressed that button thinking that the cloud software somehow has a pending update…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. usint teams both as employee and private

TEAMS must enable multiple accounts in same app. Easy to switch between different organisations or non organisations channels.
    The same way ONENOTE works. I can collaborate within my organisation on the company ONDRIVE and I can easely shitft fot collaboration on my private ONEDRIVE / ONENOTE without logging out and logging in to different accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. owners/admins need ability to delete messages of bots and apps

We have added a bot recently and do not need any more since what it is posting we cannot delete even as global admin. Please create a feature to have this functionality. Also we need granular control to delete posts when a 3rd party app is posting it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Skype and GPO

Please, help us to configure Skype thought GPO and registry modification.... Should be great to have all registry key fo conguring user machine...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Posting to chat should be controlled via Exchange Online Protection and/or Transport Rules.

Any message posting to chat in a Team should be controlled by the administrators. A wrong or inappropreate message, i.e. malware attached, should be quarantined and safely deleted. So it should be routed via EOP and/or Transport Rules, or on-premises antispam appliances.
    It's not good enough protection by domain whitelist.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please implement Push Up News even when the app is closed. So everybody will be reminded that there is a new post in a group chat

Please implement Push Up News even when the app is closed. So everybody will be reminded that there is a new post in a group chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow for temporary bans of users

There are multiple reasons to ban some users temporarily, e.g. allowing them to enjoy their vacation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need to be able to purge temp data manually for users in corporate offices with low profile space

Need to be able to purge temp data manually for users in corporate offices with low profile space

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Bug] Error when using New-Team with spaces in Group Name/Description

It seems there is a bug where trying to use PowerShell module 0.9.3, New-Team with a groupID that has a space in the name/description seems to fail. Our format would be "<projNum>.<Client> - <Proj Name>" which doesn't work and returns the following error:

<code>
    New-Team : Error occurred while executing
    Code: ItemNotFound
    Message: Failed to execute MS Graph backend request GetGroupInternalApiRequest. The server failed to respond correctly.
    Response Code: NotFound, Reason: Reason: Not Found, Correlation headers: request-id: de35f8e6-b504-43bc-8c0b-7f5930c9966d
    client-request-id: de35f8e6-b504-43bc-8c0b-7f5930c9966d
    x-ms-ags-diagnostic: {"ServerInfo":{"DataCenter":"East
    Asia","Slice":"SliceC","Ring":"5","ScaleUnit":"001","Host":"AGSFE_IN_4","ADSiteName":"EAS"}}
    Duration: 77.9862
    Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 04:12:00 GMT
    InnerError:
    RequestId: bc243285-be3f-480b-be82-82977a823c20
    DateTimeStamp: 2018-07-26T04:12:01
    HttpStatusCode: ItemNotFound
    At…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reflect members/guest authorization on all channels

When configuring authorization of a Team in Parameter it only reflects on the General channel.

> option 1 : apply the paramters on all channels
    < option 2 : configure authorization by channel. This would be awesome

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We have several teams groups with onmicrosoft email tenant and we will like to use a proxy or alias email for the groups

We have several teams groups with onmicrosoft email tenant and we will like to use a proxy or alias email for the groups

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow License to MS Teams to be added to users that are members of a particular Group in Office365 and to automatically apply the license wh

Allow License to MS Teams to be added to users that are members of a particular Group in Office365 and to automatically apply the MS Teams license to users that are later added to that group by the admin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Limit a team owner to be a member

I would like to limit the act that a team owner changes the membership from the team owner to a general member by himself in Microsoft Teams.

Also, I would like to have a feature limiting the right for team owners.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove entry logs in start of all channels - its more confusing for users than beneficial

Remove entry logs in start of all channels - its more confusing for users than beneficial to see who has been added or removed by IT Dept.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.