Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manage available features for users depending on which client they use when accessing Teams

It would be great if we can manage available features to users depending on which client they use to access Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Anonymize Usage Report

The Usage Reports should be available in an anonymized format.
    Tenant-Wide Configurable, so no admin, not even the Global-Admins can see personal data. The Full-Report should only be visible to a specific Security & Compliance User/Admin.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Assign messaging policy by the attribute

I would like to assign messaging policy by a specific attribute such as domain via Teams admin center or by using PowerShell cmdlet.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make the subject line from mail appear on top of MS teams chat

Please bring the Skype feature to MS teams chat, wherein, when we wish to chat with a person from a mail's receipient or sender list, the skype chat window displayed the mail's subject line. This helped in setting the context for a chat with the person.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Implement a feature to show the number of Teams meetings

I would like you to implement a reporting feature to show the number of Teams meetings, similar report as the SfB activity report.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In What's New in Microsoft Teams, add build level information for the client

Would be very helpful for Teams admins to have a site that ties "what's new" to a build release level. Simply adding a release level mention in the What's New site would suffice ... or Microsoft can create a secondary tech-admin-site with granular tech details, especially if there are new GPOs or .json file configuration steps necessary.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More information within PSTN usage reports

I'd like to analyze the usage of CQs and AAs.
    Currently the available report in the Teams Admin Center trims the last three digits of all source and destination phone numbers which makes it impossible to identify which CQ/AA actually has been called.
    As Microsoft support team states that this is due to GDPR I recommend to add more and better report options.

I.e. I would like to know how often certain CQs/AAs have been called in a period of time. That seems important to me for a better planning of individual call-routing-design.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. User Management Visibility

I think the user management notifications (Owner removed/has added Billy Smith from the Team) should only be visible to Owner. Or at least have the ability to turn that feature on or off.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow the ability to check your emails within Teams by default

Add Outlook directly into Teams as a tab on the left-hand side. This would give me little reason to leave teams and make the way I work faster.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Restore channel via Power Shell

This feature is useful when running a team with Power Shell.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable us to use the external storage

I would like to use the external storage for the private chat or group chat. Currently the external storage is available for the team chat only.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to open 2 or more windows at the same time

I would like to be able to open 2 or more windows at the same time.

For example - Team Chat, and a Document/File.

Being able to do this would make it easier to communicate with my team about a collection of documents, and be able to pull them up simultaneously, to refer to them or make changes along the way, as I'm working. Currently, I must open and close each one.

To further clarify - my team will notify in team chat that a list of things have been done... I would like to be able to refer to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Sign in with Teams Mobile App to Azure AD Sign In's

Add Sign in with Teams Mobile App to Azure AD Sign In's

Records sign in's with Desktop App and Web App but doesn't look like it does with the mobile app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. set the Default font for all users / Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams etc) organisation wide?

One of our customer has an idea to set the Default font for all users / Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams etc) organisation wide from settings page in O365 admin?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams audio continues after locking computer

I noticed today that while joined to a Teams meeting, if the computer is locked automatically or manually, audio from the meeting continues.

I would expect Teams audio to stop when locking the computer, just like the video does.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Immediately reflect team owner role which made in Teams admin center

It takes time for owner role to be reflected in Microsoft Teams client if you create a new team as its owner. When you create a new team in Microsoft Teams admin center, the team creator is registered as the team owner and granted the owner role. However, if you see the member in Microsoft Teams client, he/she is shown as general member. It means the owner role hasn’t been reflected immediately because after some time later the role changes to owner correctly. The delay has been affected us since the Microsoft Teams had changed its experience to the new…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Whenever we open Teams, there can be a common homepage until we select a conversation.

Whenever we open Teams, it shows up the chat from the last time we open, eventhough we have not selected it. There can be a common landing page which can be displayed when we don't wish to see any conversations.

Teams always keep displaying some conversation which we have not selected to display at that point.

That is a bit frustrating.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The Add cloud storage menu in Microsoft Teams

Please enable the Add cloud storage menu to select OneDrive for Business.

It would be very useful if we could utilize OneDrive for Business from the menu.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Performance improvement of processing Get/Set-Team command

I request to improve perofmance of processing Get/Set/Team command because I often have to exec these comand repeatedly.
    It takes over 1 minute to process a single Get/Set-Team command in our production environment. There are so many objects in our tenant, so that I think it may be related.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. File sharing and uploading the files from computer, oneDrive, Dropbox etc. should be disable, as per data security.

File sharing and uploading the files from computer, oneDrive, Dropbox etc. should be disable, as per data security. It is difficulty to cont with MS Team.
    We need basic need in MS Teams to be used, giving certain features to work and disabling the anything upload from Teams app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base