Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to forbid users to take control or remove others from meeting

Didn't find any other information on this or similar suggestions... Please add an admin option to only allow the owner of a meeting to be able to take control of the presentation or be able to remove someone from a meeting.
    Furthermore if you don't add this function then try to add a comment as to who removed you from the meeting.
    Imagine having a tutor create a meeting with 30 pupils and everyone can remove him from the meeting without him knowing who did it nor being able to suppress this behaviour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back basic list functions

Please consider adding basic list functions to your lists. i.e. When searching or sorting users in Microsoft 365 Admin Center, when I filter my list of users (or anything else), I do not get a count of my results. It is not reasonable to require us to export the data to get the count. This basic feature is missing on most Microsoft Portals that include list functionality.
    To make matters worse, most sites just continue loading more results as you scroll down. So now we cannot multiply the page count by the # of pages in the results to get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. accuracy of the Microsoft team

The Usage function of the admin center improves the accuracy of the Microsoft team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I need more admin flexibility when it comes to setting access

I need more ways to restrict access to forms or files within channels in teams. You only have 2 categories, owner and member, both have way to much editing power for the users who just need to start or reply in a conversation, and fill out forms. Also the ability to create a template form within a channel. as of right now, I have to recreate the same form 20 times for the separate channels I have to have to use because of the lack of administrative ability to restrict editing access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More stable admin interface

It's the third time in 2 weeks that I cannot reach user settings and "org-wide settings" (using the developer tools I see status code 503 for https://admin1e.online.lync.com/OcsPowershellWebservice/Service.svc/OcsTenant?adminDomain=[my tenant name].onmicrosoft.com). The stability of the admin interface (at least the part that is on host admin1e.online.lync.com) seems to be very sub optimal, so you might invest some time to fix that before adding new features.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 通知

チャット、フィードごとに通知のオンオフが設定できる。
    チャットは通知オン、フィードは通知オフなど。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create a list for devices which using Teams

I request you to enable creating a list for devices in a tenant which are using Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Control sending e-mails to Teams channels

I would request you to implement a below functions in Microsoft Teams. I want an administrator to use Microsoft Teams admin center to control sending e-mails to channels.
    Because the current behavior allows every member in teams to change the email setting by using Teams client.
     Settings done in Microsoft Teams admin center wins over the settings done in Teams client.

 Allow only the team owner to change advanced settings for sending e-mails to channels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Request to hide teams which are created by New-Team cmdlet in the Global Address List by default

I would like you to implement a function that hides all teams in the Global Address List without individual setting for each team.
    By default, teams which are created in Microsoft Teams client are not shown in the Global Address List. On the other hand, teams that administrators create with the New-Team cmdlet via Windows PowerShell connecting to Microsoft Teams are displayed by default.
    To hide all created teams, I need to set each team created by New-Team cmdlet to be hidden. This is a time-consuming procedure, so I request to hide teams created by New-Team cmdlet by default in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. external access email address

Teams Admin allows external access at the domain level. I find that this is a potential security issue.
    As the admin, i've only added in one domain to allow external guest access. All subscription users can add external users to that domain.
    But if i was to add a large domain like gmail.com, any user can be added with that domain.
    We should be able to limit guest access to the email address and not just the domain.
    If you add a domain, there should be an option to have wildcards for all users, or the option to put in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Implement a feature that detect move of data to external apps or external cloud storages that are associated with Microsoft Teams

I would like to avoid information leak by moving data to external apps or external cloud storages.
    So it would be great if you could implement a feature that detect activities when data is moved to external apps or external cloud storages which associated to Microsoft Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How to archive teams in Microsoft Teams by an administrator

I request that some specific administrators’ roles to be able to archive teams from Microsoft Teams admin center, where shows the list of all the teams.
    I want administrators to archive teams like a team owner does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use a more modern definition of "strong" password" inside your uservoice instance

Please read NIST Special Publication 800 63b:

A 32 char long random password is typically considered "strong" - even when it misses to use characters from ALL FIVE different character classes, you currently mandatory require here. Password length is stronger than char complexity.

Please use an up-to-date library for password complex checks.

Current password policy:

Your new password must contain:

At least 8 characters
    At least 1 lower-case letter
    At least 1 upper-case letter
    At least 1 number
    At least 1 special character

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. address book tab require in office 365 exchange admin center

Please add address book tab in office365 exchange admin center through admin easily can create new address book and can apply to set of users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. too many menus hidden

Should have a settings for novice users.

very difficult to find stuff for new users

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow only Global Admin to edit members

I would request to implement a function that only Global Admin can edit team members, and that prohibits team owners from adding or deleting members, same as end users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. prompt owner when demoting self to member

It would be nice if an owner were warned before demoting themselves to a member. With the UI response, I had an issue with a team where the slight delay in refresh resulted in clicking the "wrong" person I was trying to demote (and did this to myself). Luckily it was just a test team... but still now I need to try and get someone who is an owner of this team to add me back. A little help to prevent user error on this one would be nice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 불편한점

알림을 눌렀을때 체팅방 자체가 뜨지않고 그 작성한 사람의 것만 뜨니까 다시 팀을 눌러서 방을눌러서 찾아 들어가야하는게 불편해요.. 알림을 눌렀을 때 해당하는 개인 채팅방이라던지 팀방이라던지로 바로 연결되어 들어가면 좋겠어요..
    또 가끔 알림이 제대로 울리지않아 난감할 때가 있습니다..
    앱에 들어갈때도 비밀번호나 지문인식 등으로 보안이 되면 좋겠습니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add settings to wiki

Members of a Team can delete Pages and Sections in the wiki.
    They can also reorganize the order.

It would be good to have some settings for Wiki, if you want to enable this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The message text of the usage guideline when creating a team

I would like to customize the message text of the link to the usage guideline shown when creating a team in Microsoft Teams by setting a value on UsageGuidelinesUrl in Azure AD. Currently, this message cannot be changed from the default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base