Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I need to change folder download

I need to change foler download in setting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A few things

1. Have "admins" for chat. When someone leaves the company because we only have 18 individuals allowed in 1 chat we always have to make a new chat when new agents get added to my team. It would be great if I could remove individuals who are no longer with the company from my chat.

2. More people in a chat than 18.

3. Custom "away" messages like "I'm gone for the day" or "I'm in a meeting until 2pm" so that agents know to reach out to others for help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. User section is sorted by default, but displayed incorrectly. Top entries do not start with A

The top entry in the default user list in the admin panel is not sorted by name, even though the name column is highlighted as default search

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow admins to kick off users from files

Sometimes a file uploaded into Teams that has no active users working in it "locks up" and Teams won't allow you to rename/move the file, because it's taking a while for Teams to register that there are no more active users working in the file.

An admin of the Group should be able to force all users from being active in the file so that the admin can move/rename the file at will.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. you should hire me

i want to be microsoft CEO

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Being able to set a individual background or large icon identifier for a chat window

I have a number of chat windows both one to one and group based that i keep maintained, since I use them regularly. For example I have individual ones for my team members (and other individuals) a group one for my team members and then semi permanent ones depending on projects.

I and some of my team have found themselves typing messages in the wrong chat window, especially when the person they are chating with is part of a group chat session.

It would be nice to have some clear indicator of what window you are in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. tidy

Hey, it would be cool if the admin had the possibility to tidy the channels up by really deleting message-blocks so they are not shown anymore.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Usage reports based on Teams O365 groups

So far it only seems possible to just look at all O365 groups but not specifically those that are part of a Teams Team

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. change theme in class Teams

Be able to change Teams themes to an uploaded picture as you can i Teams for staff

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Team Collection Manager

Create a new role of Team Collection Manager - Same as in SharePoint, or grant the sharepoint site collection manager have complete access to all Teams. Many times I as the SharePoint/Teams Site Collection Admin for my Company need to access a team to troubleshoot or demonstrate a feature or add a new owner because the previous owner has left and the team failed to have 2 owners in the Team per company policy. I have to either get team owners to add me or I have to go in through the ADMIN center to fix the issue. Having complete…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Independent Tenant-Wide External Sharing settings

In https://[COMPANYNAME]-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/online/AdminHome.aspx#/sharing, there are separate slider for OneDrive and SharePoint Online, so that they may have different external sharing settings.

Since we cannot administer Teams the same way we do SharePoint Online sites, it doesn't make sense to tie Teams global sharing settings to SharePoint Online's global sharing settings.

This would also allow us opportunities to test Teams without impacting our SharePoint Online environment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow teams specific access to Company applications

Allow teams specific access to Company applications - Allow admins to set a company application to only be accessible from specific teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Duplicate pwa instances

I´d like to duplicate an instance (Site) of PWA to have a homologation environment equal to production environment.
    This will help me test some changes and new features before put on production.
    This is already possible on-premise solution, but not on cloud.
    Change the variable max-template-document-size to more than 50MB for PWA models.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Distinguish the audit log between Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online

Requesting for implement a feature that distinguish which services is uploading/downloading files when using Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online to be audit the file sharing.

We would like to audit and validate whether confidential files are checked out to outside of the company.

As a business impact, it would be difficult to allow attaching files in Microsoft Teams, so it’s inconvenient for management.
    Also, we need to prohibit Office 365 Groups or OneDrive for Business to prohibit attaching files, so the usability of Office 365 usage would be degraded.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide ability to customize definition of Public

Provide ability to define members of a Selected Public group. For example, we need everyone in our office to have access to our files, but not everyone in our company. If we could define a Selected Public group (without sending an email alert to all that they have been invited to every Team), that would be great.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Customizeable Questions for Rate my Call

Want to have the popup after a meeting to rate the call be customizeable. We want to be able to ask different questions, especially when trying to troubleshoot issues that arise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. By having settings

Make it so that there are desktop notifications for everything please bill gates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Federar teams con S4B onpremise

No todos los usuarios tienen Office 365, pero si todos tienen S4b onpremise, si quisiera usar Team, necesito saber si se puede integrar ambas plataformas.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.