Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customise Auto attenant TTS voice - 3rd party speech API / get better voices

We use the calling features for PSTN external calling and use the auto attendant to direct calls as per the caller's requirements

Please can you improve the in-built TTS voice for EN-GB or allow us to use a 3rd party voice service

thanks

luke

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a setting to set a preferred amount of owners in a Team

I would love to see a setting in the Teams Admin Center to be able to set a preferred amount of owners in a Team. This way we can make sure there is at least 2 owners per Team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow changing external sharing default setting

I'd like the ability to change the default external sharing setting for the SharePoint Online site collections that are provisioned when creating new teams.

Currently, we have set our SharePoint Online site collections to not be externally shareable by default. This can be enabled on individual collections where there is a need. When we create a new team in Microsoft Teams, the underlying site collection has external sharing enabled by default and we have to update those after the collections are provisioned. It would be great to have the option to control this default behavior so we can apply the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Restrict only creation of teams at Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のチーム作成制限について
    Restrict only creation of teams at Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在の Microsoft Teams のチーム作成を制限するためにテナント全体で Office 365 グループの作成を制限しています。
    本来は、チームの作成のみを制御したいが、本制限をかけて "パブリック" チームを作成した際、参加するためのチームが検索できないため、ユーザーからはコードなどを利用しない限り、参加することができなくなります。
    そのため、チームの作成を制限している環境でも "パブリック" チームには、テナント内のユーザーが自由に参加できるように機能の拡充を要望します。

We restricted creation of Office 365 group at tenant level to control creation for teams at Microsoft Teams.
    The essential purpose of this restriction is to control creating new teams, but actually users cannot join the “public” team which is created after this restriction is enable, unless they get invitation code because users are not able to search public teams.

I would like you to allow users to join “Public” team…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 文字サイズを選択できるようにしてほしい

文字サイズの規定値が大きすぎる。みにくい

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Let me have multiple admins on the free teams plan

Right now on Free Plan you can't change member roles in the org management. In other words, you cannot assign another admin apart from the one who originally created the org.

We were planning to try out Teams in our company, but such fundamental functionality missing makes it rather hard to push teams to the superiors, as they feel locked in right from the get-go

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide the option to make Teams behave like Skype for Business

This one is for the little companies (with Teams of 1 or 2 people)...

Provide a way to disable everything in Teams except:

1) Screen sharing
    2) Text chat
    3) Audio/video chat
    4) Recordings of 1-3 (as needed)

FACT: Not every company needs a team/channel/group/site/calendar for every team in Teams and we certainly don't need all of this bloat created automatically (each and every time).

OPINION: Microsoft failed those of us using S4B...forcing some away from from S4B with no option to revert back and doing so before Teams was "ready" for prime time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A feature that admin can specify the capacity of teams no matter who create the team

I would like to ask a feature that admin can specify the data storing capacity of teams in Microsoft Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Connected User in Teams Desktop Sharing to Input Username/Password at UAC Prompt

It would be beneficial in an office environment using Microsoft Teams in the desktop sharing portion to allow the person for whom the desktop is being shared to be able to type in the credentials at the UAC prompt when trying to install software. As it stands now the desktop will freeze completely when it prompts the sharer for the credentials.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Want to control Teams desktop client setting for each user at once by administrators

I would like you to allow administrators to control user setting at once via Windows PowerShell/registry etc. Specifically, setting options in Profile Picture > Settings > General.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to forbid users to take control or remove others from meeting

Didn't find any other information on this or similar suggestions... Please add an admin option to only allow the owner of a meeting to be able to take control of the presentation or be able to remove someone from a meeting.
    Furthermore if you don't add this function then try to add a comment as to who removed you from the meeting.
    Imagine having a tutor create a meeting with 30 pupils and everyone can remove him from the meeting without him knowing who did it nor being able to suppress this behaviour.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let the report exported from Microsoft Teams activity reflect usage of all users, and we need public information about basis of computation

I would like to identify users who don’t start using Teams, so it would be great if I could see the usage of all users. Currently, I cannot get the report of the usage of all users by going Microsoft 365 admin center > Reports > Usage > Microsoft Teams activity.
    If you have difficulty getting us to see the usage of all users, I would like you to provide public information about the basis of computation of reports or how to read the outcome of reports.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support multibyte characters (Japanese characters) for the team name when creating a Team from Microsoft Teams admin center

Currently when you attempt to create a new team from Teams admin center and you set invalid characters such as Japanese for the team name, “We couldn’t create this team“ error is shown and you cannot create a team. If you want to use multibyte characters for the team name, you must re-edit the team name in Microsoft Teams client after creating a team with alphanumeric character name. It’s inconvenient so I would request for Microsoft Teams admin center to support multibyte characters for the team name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Wasted more than an hour trying to find Teams Admin center..... how about adding this to help?

Was trying to turn on guest access, adding a guest Team Member did not work nor did it provide a suggestion on how to fix this.

Clicked aimlessly in the Teams environment to find the setting "turn on guest access", then I see online that there is such a thing as Teams Admin center.

Ok, how does one get to Teams Admin Center?

Must be a secret that is well guarded.

After about an hour I find a link posted by someone who had searched for it and could not find it initially and decided to post it in a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. fix co exsistance

Make co exsistance available, none of the global or rep user option are available to us.

This is a nightmare

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Temporary time-limited license to admins for troubleshooting

Admins can't access Teams, unless they have been assigned a license. Normally admin accounts don't need to use the feature but for troubleshooting and administrating purposes (settings, promoting users to owners) they sometimes need to access Teams.
    It would be great to have a way to temporarily add a troubleshooting license for Teams admins. Perhaps even some 60 minutes at a time or so. Without needing to buy new licenses.
    A kind of "trial" version.

A similar issue is in another UserVoice, which talks about PowerShell admin use. https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35756989-non-licensed-global-admin-service-admin-accounts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want to turn off Skype, it's annoying! pops up like an ad when im in a hurry to get work done

Skype should be under MY control! I want to turn it off so it only goes on when I want it to! Stupid thing pops up when i am in a hurry to get work done and i am always in a hurry! It acts like an annoying unwanted pop up ad EVERY TIME I turn on my computer!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. set a timer to expire messages like Signal

set a timer to expire messages like Signal or have settings similar to be set on a whole channnel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base