Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide use name in Microsoft Teams chat

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のチャット画面左側に表示がされる ”おすすめ” のユーザーを非表示にすることが可能となるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Hide use name in Microsoft Teams chat
    Microsoft Teams のチャット画面左側に表示がされる ”おすすめ” に、表示される必要のないユーザーも存在していることがあるため、表示させるユーザーをカスタマイズすることを可能とするか、または、当該項目を非表示とすることが可能となるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Allow customizing Suggested contacts section in Microsoft Teams chat, or, provide show/hide options for specific users in Suggested contacts as some unwanted user name keeps popping up.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Eliminate email notifications

Eliminate email notifications

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let the report exported from Microsoft Teams activity reflect usage of all users, and we need public information about basis of computation

I would like to identify users who don’t start using Teams, so it would be great if I could see the usage of all users. Currently, I cannot get the report of the usage of all users by going Microsoft 365 admin center > Reports > Usage > Microsoft Teams activity.
    If you have difficulty getting us to see the usage of all users, I would like you to provide public information about the basis of computation of reports or how to read the outcome of reports.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow only Global Admin to edit members

I would request to implement a function that only Global Admin can edit team members, and that prohibits team owners from adding or deleting members, same as end users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatic Logout

It would be good if there was an Admin option, that logged out users when they exited off of the Desktop app, and even a setting where you can set an Inactivity timer, so if left inactive for 2 hours or so it will automatically log the user out, and make them have to log back in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please make --disable-gpu working

Disable-gpu not working. Now Teams app not starting properly within Citrix Xenapp desktop client of Remote Desktop Services

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams missing from Admin Center

I logged into the Teams & Skype Admin Center and noticed there are Teams I created that are not showing. Specifically there are two teams that were created about two months ago missing. However ones created several months ago and just last week are showing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it read in a layout similar to group me to make it easier to see conversations quickly

Make it read in a layout similar to group me to make it easier to see conversations quickly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add custom message to group joing requests

Can we add fields when requesting access?
    I help manage a Teams site and I get a lot of requests for access. Of course, I need to check these requests. When requesting access, please add a field asking "Reason for access request" or "Project role." If they can say why they want access, I can better determine if they should have access to our restricted area.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. chat

Owner setting to turn off chat for Team

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Only view acces in channels

I wonder if there is a option just to show what's in the channel for teammembers.
    So they can only read what's in the planner channel but won't have the option to change anything or add something new.
    I want the team im working for only to see my planner but not be able to accidently change anything so my own planning is lost just because someone manage to press the wrong button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. prevent people from

Prevent new Team creation, but still allow users to create plans in planner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Restrict access to channel e-mail settings

As a team member, I am able to change a channel's e-mail settings between allowing only team members to submit messages and accepting messages from the tenent-defined domain.

Personally, I would prefer this change be restricted to Team admins. If the ability for member-level accounts to modify this setting is intentional, desired functionality, I would like an option on the Team "member permissions" setting to allow/restrict members from doing so.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When creating a new document in Teams, it is available as Read only and you have to enable editing to work on the document. Can this be chan

When creating a new document in Teams, it is available as Read only and you have to enable editing to work on the document. Can this be changed. Also there is a bug, where the document is locked to the creator of it and no one else can edit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please release a public documentation for which License Microsoft Teams are available.

A growing number of customer complain that MS Teams are not provisioning on Education A1 license for Faculty and All Student license cannot find the MS teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I need to change folder download

I need to change foler download in setting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A few things

1. Have "admins" for chat. When someone leaves the company because we only have 18 individuals allowed in 1 chat we always have to make a new chat when new agents get added to my team. It would be great if I could remove individuals who are no longer with the company from my chat.

2. More people in a chat than 18.

3. Custom "away" messages like "I'm gone for the day" or "I'm in a meeting until 2pm" so that agents know to reach out to others for help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User section is sorted by default, but displayed incorrectly. Top entries do not start with A

The top entry in the default user list in the admin panel is not sorted by name, even though the name column is highlighted as default search

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow admins to kick off users from files

Sometimes a file uploaded into Teams that has no active users working in it "locks up" and Teams won't allow you to rename/move the file, because it's taking a while for Teams to register that there are no more active users working in the file.

An admin of the Group should be able to force all users from being active in the file so that the admin can move/rename the file at will.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.